“Such a cool place!!”

Thirst Wine Bar and Shop
Ranked #31 of 216 Nightlife in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Delicious locally inspired food, Pacific NW wine, creative cocktails and a friendly atmosphere. Located at The RiverPlace Esplanade on the Willamette River in downtown Portland with floor to ceiling windows to soak in the gorgeous views and patio seating for 140. Wine-friendly cuisine highlights Pacific NW-inspired seasonal entrees, starters, and desserts. Featuring 25-30 wines by the glass and 60+ by the bottle. Local spirits and draft beer. Dog friendly on the patio.
Reviewed 15 June 2007

Wow - a wine bar without attitude and that has a beautiful view, good food and a great selection of wines. Albeit they focus on Pacific Northwest wines, not something I usually gravitate toward - but their selection is delicious and the staff knows how to point you to what you will like. For the adventirous - they also have wine flights which looked fun! Check it out!!

3  Thank WineBabe

Reviewed 13 June 2006

on a recent trip to Portland we went to Thirst - a wine bar on the Riverside Esplanade at Montgomery Street (0315 SW Montgomery) - I was very pleased to be able to sample a number of local wines (in addition to offering a big list of wines by the glass they offer "flights", small glasses of a range of wines within various categories.) We were a party of four, so ended up being able to taste a substantial number of wines. I don't know a whole lot about wine, but the waitperson was very informative, and not at all snobby about my prediliction for chardonnay (ask for Dan) -
IAs a result of our visit to Thirst I felt I brought some greater sophistication and information to the wine touring we did the next day. The view of the river was entertaining, the decor quite modern, but done in welcoming colors. Food selection were smaller type things, like tapas, - try the roasted olives. I think they also sold bottles of Pacific northwest wines.
Since our daughter has moved to Portland we will be going there more frequently - we'll definatly go back to this wine bar.
We also went to Higgins for dinner - that was terrific, and for an easterner the prices seemed pretty reasonable

2  Thank ma8walker

Been to Thirst Wine Bar and Shop? Share your experiences!