The Quality Inn shares a front desk and a parking lot with the Rodeway Inn at the intersection of Sandy Boulevard, Columbia Ave , and Interstate 205. The Quality Inn is definitely a big step up in quality and comfort from the Rodeway Inn. For an addition 15 or 20 bucks per night, you will get marble countertops, newer furniture , a more comfortable bed , a greatly improved shower, and a complementary hot breakfast.
I have to report that I had a troublesome night's sleep here. It wasn't the road noise, it was the lights from the parking lot. The Quality Inn apparently keeps the parking lot and the outside landings of the hotel brightly illuminated at night as a security precaution. But I have to say they are at the same intensity level as having a car with its headlights on just outside the window all night long. The light from the parking lot was directed from the window down the heavy duty curtains toward the floor and illuminated the room. I admit that I am sensitive to artificial lights when I try to go to sleep, but I this was extraordinary.
I was finally able to sleep soundly when the parking lot lights went off around 5am. The sunrise didn't wake me because even full daylight was less intense than the parking lot at night.
I can recommend the Quality Inn if you are looking for a nice room at a low price. This is a place where you can stay overnight close to the airport, catch the nearby mass transit, or hit the interstate. But I will bring my eye shades if I ever stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This upscale hotel boasts executive guest rooms and luxury suites which are beautifully appointed with deluxe pillow-top mattresses, tasteful armoire enclosures for televisions, granite shower surrounds and countertops, and chairs with ottomans for relaxing. All rooms come equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and European-style coffee makers. Each guest will be able to enjoy our full hot Breakfast served in the morning, with build your own waffles, hot biscuits and gravey, scrambled eggs, sausage links, yogurt and much more. During the summer months make sure to stop by our sparkiling outdoor pool that is open daily from 10am-10pm. You will notice and experience something different at the Quality Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center. The warm and friendly staff provides superior guest service. Let us exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Portland
- Quality Inn And Suites Airport Convention Center
- Quality Inn Hotel Airport
- Quality Inn Portland
- Portland Quality Inn