“nice room to land in!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Redmond, Oregon
“nice room to land in!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I only needed a nite stay inbetween flights and was glad I chose the Quality Inn. From the first call, I was greeted with a friendly voice and assistance beyond measure. After a full day a flying with less than pleasant airport staff as well as folks on the plane, it was sooo nice to hear true customer service. I was exhausted and actually did not see the shuttle driver pass me by, and he actually came to look for me-i was so embarrassed and was apologetic, yet he was still so nice and understanding. I was met with smiles when I checked in at midnite, and offered assistance with my luggage to the second floor. The room was very nice and very clean, the marble/granite counters in sink area were beautiful and the bathroom was spotless. SUCH a plus. So if great customer service and a clean inviting room are what you are looking for, you will find it here. Thank you so much to the staff!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Heather H
GMor179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for staying and taking the time to Review The Quality Inn and Suites at The Portland. I have passed on your wonderful comments to the staff and they really appreciate it. We do pride ourselves on our customer service and all our guests deserve the best that we can offer. I am so glad you got to experience the best and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
somwhere in the southwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

this property is really close to a MAX station. this is good.its worth $55 or so.it can be a bit confusing, however, if you are using a phone app or some such, because the share a parcel of land (but not the same mailing address with a rodeway inn) they also share a lobby.the quality inn guests get a fancier breakfast room ("becuase they pay more")(tho, to be fair, I noted the rodeway on choice had similar rates, but i wanted to complete a promotion, and quality was less for me, as a platinum member)-on that, they were very accomodating, re early check-in, but i was told even as a platinum member the best they could do was 11:30.so, i turned my key in @ 11;25 (to avoid my Card being charged) while using the courtesy PC to make a reservation elsehwere after check out, the phone rang, and the clerk let the person calling stay in til noon.as it happened the owner was in the lobby supervising a slight work order outside, and I mentioned this, he said elite shoudl always get at least noon at all his choice properties, especially platinum or better.I just chalked it up to no harm no foul.but the breakfast was good, and no restrictions on taking it to room, which, btw, had very nice furniture, fridge &micro.-reagarding the rodeway, i am not sure if their guests are allowed access of the pool, but it was January, so, it was a moot point, I would have like to have known, even tho I was@ quality inn. one last note, there were THREE complimentary newspappers in the lobby: the portland tribune, usa today, and wall street journal, however, no portland oregonian.

Room Tip: if you can get it for $49.99 or better, go for it.
Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank legendaryrob
GMor179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Quality Inn and Suites at the Portland Airport. We appreciate the comments you made and would just to clarify with you a few items. First The Quality Inn was expecting a full house which is why we could not accommodate a later check out. The person who received a noon check out was staying on The Rodeway side of the property which is why we could give them later check out then you. We normally go out of our way to accommodate late check outs but when we are expecting a full house we have to have room vacated and clean by 3 pm for 3 pm check ins. I apologize we could not accommodate you. Our rate on Quality is $65.00 for single king during off season and $49.00 for single king on The Rodeway during off season. Our rates are comparable with other hotels in the area. The rate difference is because one hotel provides breakfast and the other hotel does not. Again thank you for the review and we hope to have you visit us again soon.
trevor-wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stay here at least once a month, a wierd property at the intersection of sandy blvd and 205 that has "roadway" rooms and " quality room"s- the difference is the decor and if they have a privecay curtain or not. Quality get's access to the breakafast, Roadway does not

they we're my place before they changed management

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is true we have two hotels that sit on the same piece of property.
The Quality Inn and Suites provides a complementary breakfast, microwaves and refrigerators in the room.
The Rodeway Inn is a great place to stay if you are looking for a clean room with a shower and bed. The property has no extra amenities, like breakfast, hair dryers or microwaves and refrigerators and that is why the rate is inexpensive.
Both hotels have a complementary shuttle, a heated outdoor pool (open seasonally) fitness center, laundry services, complimentary WI-FI (password protected) and excellent customer service.
Richland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked this hotel as a reverse stay-and-fly. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous. We were picked up from the airport at 12:30 AM from a smiling employee and checked in quickly. The room was clean, comfortable, and updated with granite countertops,a microwave, and a refrigerator. The continental breakfast was located in a large area with ample seating room. The breakfast was enjoyable with several foods to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to review The Quality inn and Suites. We are glad you got to enjoy one of Park and Fly Packages. We have two 7 day and 14 day. We find our hotel is perfect for guests coming in or going out to airport with the convenience of the complimentary shuttle and being only 2.5 miles from the airport. We are close without the airport noise. We look forward to future stays from you and please feel free to contact us at anytime.
Decatur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

A bargain and a great convenience if you're passing through or catching a flight the next day. The staff was extraordinary and (I believe her name was) Tamara was the epitome of Customer Service.
One odd sad note: Was awakened in the middle of the night by the smell of cigarette smoke wafting in from the vents (especially strong in the bathroom area).
Reported it to the front desk as this is a non-smoking facility.

Major Perk: It is close to the train (RED LINE) for an easy jaunt into town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your honest review of The Quality Inn and Suites. The Trimet light rail train does sit right behind the hotel and is so convenient for a quick day/evening trip downtown and the cost is minimal $5.00 all day passes per person. We pride ourselves on our customer service because face it in todays world it is hard to find great customer service where you feel appreciated for spending your money! We appreciate you being a customer and look forward to future visits from you.
Cambria, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I needed an inexpensive place to sleep near Portland airport that also offered free airport shuttle service. We didn't expect anything great when we booked our hotel because we couldn't afford to stay at a 4 star. The night we arrived at the airport, we were promptly picked up by Quality Inn and Suites shuttle. The young man driving us was courteous, friendly and enthusiastically conversational both about Portland and about his workplace. Checking in was easy and the room was really quite nice-- very comfortable bed and pillows, beautifully decorated, everything clean, no funky smells. In the morning, we had some of the complementary coffee and pastries and then caught the shuttle back to the airport. The young woman driving the shuttle was just as friendly and helpful. We had an overall great experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

GMor179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with the Quality Inn and Suites at The Portland Airport. The staff prides itself on being able to provide a clean and comfortable stay each and every time you stay with us. We are consistently making updates and upgrades to our property to ensure every guest feels rewarded when they stay with us. We look forward to any future visits from you and hope you are as excited as we are to provide blueberry waffles as a new added feature for this month.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was in town to visit a relative and chose this inn because of its close location to public transportation and the great rate I got by prepaying online. I am so glad that I did. I arrived on a cold rainy night and was warmly greeted by the young man at the check in desk. The room on the first floor was a delight to discover. I was pleasantly surprised by the kitchenette area which was equipped with a very clean refrigerator (this is the one thing that I love seeing in a room), microwave, and coffee maker. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with towels as was the sink area. The picture on the tv was super clear and I enjoyed the selection of movies that were available. I enjoyed a very comfortable night in my room. Breakfast in the morning was also wonderful. A wide array of goodies were available from usual breads, english muffins, and pastries to the eggs, sausages and make your own waffles. I enjoyed the scrambled eggs especially. I also appreciated having someone greet me as I walked into the breakfast area with a warm "Good morning". The inn is also very close to the Parkrose/Sumner TC stop on the Red Line of the TriMet Rail System. This made it very convenient traveling to and from the airport especially when dragging around heavy luggage. This is definitely a place I would stay at again and highly recommend it to my friends and family. I very much look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Erick W
GMor179, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
We appreciate your business and your review. You took the time to explain eloquently all the amenities and the description of our suite was right on. We do a have great access to the transit system with it being just right behind the hotel and recommend it to all of our guests. We also supply maps of the transit lines at the front desk for every guests traveling convenience. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to future stays from you and friends.