“Wonderful Value!”

Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #92 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I traveled to Portland for a family wedding in late June, and needed a convenient location at a reasonable price. I had originally reserved a room directly by telephone, for four nights, at the Rodeway Inn at the senior rate of $47.64, but on check-in was offered an upgrade to the associated Quality Inn for another $10 per night.. The room was completely remodeled with quality furnishings, and the pillow-top mattress was wonderfully comfortable. The bathroom was small but adequate, with an attractive synthetic marble surround on the shower/tub and a vanity/countertop. The room was fitted with a microwave and small refrigerator, and like everything else, was new. The hotel is a traditional two-story motel style, and my room was on the second level. Although my knees protested a bit, I was willing to use the stairs (no elevator) in order to have no one above me and be above the parking area. I have an insomnia problem, and any sound will wake me--I was amazed that I never heard any noise either outside my door, through the walls, or from the highway not far from the edge of the property (my room was three doors from the highway end)--and I have excellent hearing. Everything worked perfectly--the TV (with cable), AC, appliances, plumbing, etc. The front desk staff were very pleasant and responsive, and the Continental breakfast (included) at the coffee shop was excellent with a good variety of hot and cold choices. With my breakfast ticket, I was able to pick up enough items the day before I left to store in the refrigerator, in order to have an early morning breakfast before I left for the airport--the room includes a coffee maker that provides hot water. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes 24/7, and I was picked up within 10 minutes (only passenger) on my arrival, and returned to the airport on time when I left. The drivers were as courteous as the rest of the staff, including the restaurant personnel. It was a five-minute walk to the nearby Metro train stop which goes either to the airport or into Portland, with stops at all the major attractions and of course, multiple stops in the downtown area. The hotel is owned and operated by a church group, but this was never obvious or intrusive--in fact never mentioned. I can't think of anything to criticize at all; I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel, and plan to stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 June 2009

This hotel has clean, quiet, updated rooms, friendly staff, good rates and convenient Park 'n Fly shuttle. We would stay here again anytime. Off 82nd, there is a great Chinese restaurant called, "Blue Sky".

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SnowyUsa
Reviewed 13 May 2009

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay near the airport for one night because our plane was arriving late. We decided on the Quality Inn because the price seemed good and I am also a choice hotels rewards member.
We were picked up from the airport promptly, our driver was really nice. Our check-in staff greeted us with a warm welcome as well!
Rooms were clean, bed was comfy!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank AFWine25
Reviewed 18 March 2009

I only book places based on what I read on this site.
Based on what I read here, I booked this location. It's biggest down-side is it's location. Not that it's in a bad area, just that for someone who is not familiar with the Portland area (as I was), it is kinda hard to locate. Having said that, I would not hesitate to recommend it to other travelers. It was clean overall (coulda used a thorough vac job), nice coffee in room, roomy, . .you know, overall a nice place for the price.
Sorry, my pics were taken with my phone and I was tired.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank NunyaBitnes
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I've stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites twice now, and I haven't found a better value in Portland. The rooms are of a similar quality to a 3.5 star downtown hotel at a fraction of the price.

The staff are friendly. Breakfast is included.

As stated in other reviews, it doesn't look very fancy from the outside, but it definitely is one of the nicest "motor inn" places that I've stayed at. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markinoc
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We are Choicehotels program members and first stayed here by redeeming program points. They were then towards the bottom end of the list in terms of points needed for a free stay, so we weren't expecting much. Wow, were we surprised! The rooms are immaculately clean, recently remodeled and refurnished with high-end appointments. Definitely a cut above our normal Quality Inn or Select Comfort expectations and I use this family of hotels almost exclusively in my travels. This facility is both a Quality Inn and a Rodeway Inn facility. As they remodel a wing it becomes Quality, while the older sections are Rodeway. We haven't ever stayed in the Rodeway section but the outside looks exactly the same.

The breakfast restaurant is also a cut or two above the quality of most breakfast buffets which are included in room charges. Others have noted the affiliation with a conservative, evangelical church which operates the facility and holds their church services and other programs at this site (they use what appear to be the former conference facility). I'm not a fan of conservative evangelicism, but for people who have lost their way, it's far better than the lives many are coming from. And the staff, who are part of the church's program, are exceptionally courteous and attentive to the customers, without ever proselytizing their beliefs. Yes, you do have to listen to Christian pop music on the speaker system in the restaurant. Tune it out if you need to, or take your food to your room.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bartman49
Reviewed 6 February 2009

The price was right, OK? When I saw the place I was worried, kind of sketchy, older and run-down. BUT the staff were pretty helpful, the rooms were clearly renovated, lots of wood cabinets, clean and in-room wi-fi. Nice coffee chop with basic b-fast included. Overall a good value for a centrally located hotel near the airport, shopping and rail.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)