“Charming”
Review of A Painted Lady Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Painted Lady Inn
Ranked #17 of 36 Portland B&B and Inns
“Charming”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Lovely house and a very friendly innkeeper who makes your stay as wonderful and relaxing as it gets.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
north carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed at here in August 2010 and rented the whole inn with our family. The owner was very helpful in making arrangements before we arrived and gave good information so we knew what to bring and how to select rooms for our group. The rooms were carefully decorated in the Victorian style.

The location is great, it's on a nice residential street and close to several restaurants. Parking was easy too.

We had several young children in our party and that was fine, but I think this B&B is better suited for adults and older children. We had to be vigilant to keep them from breaking things, for example.

I'm not a B&B fan in general, but we enjoyed the Painted lady as a place we could all stay with a common living and dining area.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank fsquaash
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We like to stay here with Miss Jodi. She makes the best breakfast and there is always astounding fruit served as part of it. The house is really lovely and super close to coffee and really good food. The Loyd center mall is a few blocks away if you like that kind of thing. Overall I would say go see Jodi and enjoy the super quiet neighborhood and the good food. If I had to find something I didn't like I would have to fabricate it, this place is about as comfy as it gets, and the beds are divine.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Captious
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I have to say I have stayed here Many times (Lets see 5) and I return every time as Jody is very sweet and easy to get along with, Great neighborhood and close to may things, including the Train to downtown.
Some Great coffee houses and places to eat nearby, Pix Dessert (CHOCOLATE) IS Fantabulous.
I always love coming here as I love the Decor she has, Victorian Furniture and Its absolutely a stunning home.

She will help you locate stuff to do and go out of her way to make sure you have a Great time. There are Many B&Bs in Portland and this by far is one of my favorites, I have stayed in 4 of them. I like that she is Relaxed and Low Key with her Guests and Really like the privacy she allows to happen when needed, some B&Bs are always in your business and trying to hard to make sure everything is right. Hmm
When I go on a Trip, I like both Privacy and Interaction Jody does that best!

I hope to stay here again by end of summer and always know that I have a Place to "Call HOME away from Home"

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank innharmony
Alna, Maine
Reviewed 11 October 2010

First of all, the B&B was closed even though we called ahead of time. Our room was furnished with furniture your grandmother should have had in a yard sale with years ago. We had backaches from the terrible mattress! The bathroom was "seedy" and unsavory with burgundy towels. Yak!! All of the public areas had old Victorian furniture that was not very pleasing.Very dark and gloomy. One redeeming feature: the breakfast was good. This was not worth the $120 + tax.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank epew3535
apaintedladyinn, Owner at A Painted Lady Inn, responded to this review, 13 October 2010
I don't know that this review is from a guest that has stayed at A Painted Lady Inn, since I have not had any guests from Maine in the last three months. The room that we have that rents for $119 has a fireplace, a $5000 hand knotted persian rug, a full size sofa that I payed $5000 for, an antique armour, two Wallace Nutting prints, a $400 victorian lamp shade, an original oil painting of a flaminco dancer that I got in Mexico and payed $1000 for and the bed is the Westin Heavenly bed that is not five years old, which we get compliments on all the time! The commom areas have four other persian or needlepoint rugs, very expensive down sofas and antique french furniture. We have a collection of original art by Sabzi including six origianl pieces in the common areas as well as a large collection of Roseville and Weller pottery. To say that the house is poorly appointed is rediculous, so I would dare to say these guests did not stay here.
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed a couple of nights in late July in the "cottage." It is a very nice room very well appointed. We were treated to "breakfast in bed" our first morning which was delicious. If you are looking for a quiet place, still close to downtown Portland and the waterfront, this is a great choice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
, Owner at A Painted Lady Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2017
Bruce, I know I'm a few years late in thanking you for this, but I'm being more active on these sites, and I wanted to let you know how much your kind review meant to me! It was a pleasure to provide breakfast in bed and easy access to downtown, so I really apprecaite you spreading the word about the inn. Hope to see you for another visit soon!

Best,
Jody R., Owner
Seattle
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I came to Portland for my friends 40th Birthday party and was suggested to stay at A Painted Lady Inn...It was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast, so I wasn't sure what to anticipate.....But to my surprise it was Exceptional!!!!! The house is a beautifully decorated turn of the century Victorian. Every room is elegantly appointed, providing a clean, comfortable, and peaceful experience. The breakfast was delicious and the hostess was most pleasant and helpful. Thanks to A Painted Lady Inn my first B&B experience was fabulous and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple