“Great service great food”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: Fogo de Chão(R) (fo-go dèe shoun), is an authentic Southern Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo(R) began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 20 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service. We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet market table, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Only two months old in town, it is one of the most service oriented restaurants I've dined in. The staff is friendly, attentive, and helpful. When I dropped my napkin on the floor, I didn't realize that a server saw it as he was walking by and immediately offered me a new one. That was impressive. They work to ensure you are satisfied with your meal. Delicious meats, cocktails, and desserts... I liked the papaya cream.

They have two courses, the salad bar and the meats of course. And yes, you can elect to just enjoy the salad bar for a reduced price.

When my Mom needed assistance to walk down the stairs, many staff members came over to help her. Good thing there is a lift available for those needing the service.

Great experience overall.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Familiar with this chain for their good service and great food so I knew that I would not be disappointed. Always a treat to go to these Brazilian steak houses.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I have frequented Fogo de Chao in other cities such as Orlando. In Orlando I would rate this restaurant excellent. The meat is cooked over an open wood flame not gas flame, can't say that about the location in Portland. I go there to enjoy the different meat that is served. Both Orlando and portland excel at this but there is a noticeable taste difference when it is not cooked over an open wood fire. Some other noticeable differences is the lack of salad bar items including fresh seafood , hot items, and super small servings of potatoes and polenta as well as plantains that are delivered to your table complimentary. The cocktails are excellent but extremely pricey. Expect to pay at least $150.00 for two people for dinner. Texas de Brazil is still the king of Brazilian steakhouses. I hope Fogo de Chao survives in this market of excellent Portland restaurants. Management may wanna visit the Orlando location to see how it really should be operated.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My cousin introduced me to Fogo De Chao several years ago on the east coast. Was super excited to see they had landed somewhere close (Portland). It is expensive but a super fun way to celebrate a special occasion. This is my 3rd visit to Fogo de Chao. Each time has a been in a different state. If you're looking to save a little money, go at lunch instead of dinner. We went to celebrate Father's Day and weren't disappointed. Everything is delicious. Love love love the choices. Your head tells you to go light on the salad bar but it is hard when they have so many yummy things to try. My suggestion is to go very light on any breads or rolls. We like to get just one of each meat to taste between the two of us so we don't fill up too much and get to try everything. The polenta is SO yummy and the spiciness of the mashed potatoes is both welcoming and surprising. The staff at this establishment was very accommodating and friendly. We had a great time. It was worth the expense. There was a blend of business power lunches and tourists when we went so at least for lunch, you could get away with more casual dress.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I went there for our 5th wedding anniversary for lunch. Actually we just wanted to eat a lot of quality meat at a reasonable price! I made the reservation via Yelp mobile application and called immediately afterwards to confirm. I was very impressed that my reservation was in already! We were greeted by several people until we got to eat, so we felt very welcomed but at the same time quite confused by why. Having visited Brazil for a month several years ago to visit my friends, I must say this place is like an Americanized churrascaria chain. Starting from the salad bar, typically there will be two types of bean stews (black and pinto) but there was only the black bean one. Also, ground polenta would usually go with it, but I couldn't find it anywhere. One thing I loved was the heart of palm that was imported from Brazil. Typically the salad bar would include fresh fruits and petite deserts, but this was strictly a "salad" bar that provided fiber. After we had a plate of salad, we started ordering meat. I was looking forward to most Brazilians' most preferred cut i.e. Picanha, but it turned out slightly overcooked, dry and quite bland... In fact, our first round of meat all tasted a bit dry and lukewarm, as if they've been out for a while. Surprisingly, the chicken drumstick was seasoned very well so that was one of our favorites. For the second round of meat, we tried the rest of the cuts. The fillet mignon was sooo juicy, tender and well seasoned! I wish I had more room for this cut but I couldn't eat more by then. Overall, you'll get best bang for the $30 bucks lunch deal if you want to eat a lot of meat, so I still recommend it.