“Cool Place with Great Food”
Review of Le Pigeon

Le Pigeon
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Pigeon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$21 - US$100
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: #12 and #20 buses.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had an amazing time at Le Pigeon. The atmosphere is very cool. The staff is well trained and extremely helpful. But... The food is the star of the show and dish after dish was spot on, and the wine pairings were perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed our entire evening.

1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had read about Le Pigeon on several sites and it had been recommended as a place to try when in Portland. We went for my birthday and it was a great experience. The food was tasty and the service was wonderful. I would recommend the Beef Cheeks or Venison if on the menu. Both were amazing. Great place for a special occasion

2  Thank Rmarbut
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have heard of this place from friends, we were in from out of town, fois groie 3 courses, between 4 of us tried most things on the menu and not disappointed, glad we had reservations very small place with community tables, those that shared our table were from our area

2  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I am ashamed to admit that I come back to Le Pigeon over and over again because they change their menu constantly. My husband and I have been there on a monthly basis. I have ordered their entrees each time and they continue to be very salty! So I can say that the saltiness is not a fluke.

I do like the fact they have foie gras and it is usually good. Our last foie gras was not good and didn't taste like Le Pigeon quality. Pretty spendy meal for two people.

One word of advice: do not buy their $25 off at restaurants.com. They require you to purchase an entree for each person. Since their entrees are so damned salty it would not be worthwhile.

The restaurant is tiny so you need reservations. You will be sitting in a communal table with a bunch of other people. We witnessed a husband and wife argument, which resulted in them promptly leaving. So your dirty laundry will be everybody else's LOL. We used to like coming early and sitting at the bar to watch them prepare food.

So our last trip to Le Pigeon will be our final visit there since Portland has an abundance of good restaurants.

1  Thank freshpho
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I would highly recommend this small French restaurant in SE Portland. Great atmosphere, non-pretentious and a delectable menu. The chef came to our table and thanked us for coming at the end of the evening. If you are solo, sit at the chefs counter to watch them prepare their dishes. Be sure to make a reservation well in advance.