“Must try the brisket!”
Review of Reverend’s BBQ

Reverend’s BBQ
Ranked #330 of 4,813 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 22 January 2016

I have been to Reverand's BBQ only once, but I would go way out of my way to have the brisket sandwich again--it was, no kidding, the best I've ever had. I would plan my trip to that side of town just to go there again!

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Every couple of weeks I take one of our church pastors to lunch...where else I could I take them but Reverend's? The barbecue is good, particularly the brisket sandwich.

Our favorite server is Erin, she does an amazing job of anticipating our needs and always has a smile on her face!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Went there recently, as it is brother's favorite BBQ place. It was excellent - huge, spicy BBQ St. Louis-style ribs - too much to finish in one meal. We had the deep-fried hush puppies as an appetizer which was good, & I also had the bbq beans & cole slaw - delicious! There are other types of food offered - chicken & various salads - I did not try those personally, but they looked good, & also are very large helpings. They serve good, local beers & also liquor, as well as sodas, tea & coffee. It's a family place, although at supper time it was very crowded with mostly adults. There were outdoor tables which looked quite pleasant. Our waiter was very helpful & friendly & had great wit. The food is quite authentic - so if BBQ is your thing - this place is highly recommended!

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We continue to seek out the best fried chicken in Portland and give this place a shot. This is more a sports bar and take note that the Happy Hour menu applies all night on those evenings when the Timbers match is on the TV.
The menu offers "meals" where you can select your meat (we were after the Fried Chicken, but other BBQ is available) and then select two sides. Among us we picked the Mac&Cheese (excellent); the slaw (very good); the Polenta with corn (excellent); and the greens (under cooked).
The service was good, although the person who seated us and took a drink order never reappeared and I never did get my beer (which I was not charged for).
The chicken is good, but not outstanding. It came very quickly and was not overly hot, indicating it was not prepared to order. It was a bit dry and while boneless are easy to eat they lack some flavor.
For an almost similar meal you can go to Bernies Southern Bistro in NE and have better chicken and a wider range of sides - just no TV.

Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Went here and ordered the works. The hush puppies were very good. The sausage appetizer was ok. The chicken wings were OK bit not great. Hood selection of local beers. The brisket 2as excellent and the St. Louis ribs were very good. Slaw was fine and beans were very good. Polenta was interesting. Service was good. Nice BBQ experience.