“Great for lunch!”

Isabel Pearl
Ranked #519 of 4,814 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Happened upon this place while wandering through the Pearl District. So many wonderful things from which to choose on the menu, it was hard to place our order. Amazing flavors, great service and good value for the dollar - a combination hard to eat.

Check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Saturday evening reservation for this place. Restaurant 1/3 full. Took 10 minutes before the waitperson asked us for drink orders. Out of house white wine at 7:30. Placed order for appetizers and entrees. Entrees came out first. We asked that they return them to kitchen until we finished appetizers. When we were finally served entrees they were luke warm. We had no silverware. The waitperson went off to get it but apparently was distracted and never got it. I went to wait station and got it myself. Our second appetizer did not arrive until after the entrees. The issues here reflect a poorly managed staff that needs training. Both the waitperson and the kitchen should know to stage appetizers before entrees. This was a double failure. They also should have ensured that the entrees were returned warm and with silverware. No excuse on a night when the restaurant was slow. But maybe that’s the reason it is slow. This restaurant has a great location and ambiance. The food was not bad. It’s a shame incompetent management is keeping it from its potential.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I came by myself for lunch and I must say it does not feel awkward to sit alone here. There were several other solo people as well. The food was very good, I got the half sandwich and cup of soup which was great because it was only $10! My only negative was the waitress wasn’t the most attentive. Instead of checking on me once my food had arrived she stood texting instead, which I felt could have been different especially since I had a question. Overall though, the experience was great and I will come back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

This was a nice find for a late lunch. Not terribly busy, not too pricey and plenty of tables so you're not rushed. Dragon potatoes is a great dish for two people. It's definitely not a snack.
Nice sandwiches and wine selection, as well as beer or coffee. Friendly staff with lots of local knowledge.
It's also a pick up spot for Urber drivers.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I had the Brazil bowl and my partner had the carnitas bowl. Brazil was excellent but the carnitas meat was a little dry. The atmosphere is cool. They were understaffed so service was not that great. We did feel the bowls were a little lunchy. Overall though I think this was still very good and we will go back. A couple people called out so I’ve adjusted for that.