“Nice hotel....exceptional staff”

Best Western Pony Soldier Inn - Airport
Ranked #15 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a total of 3 nights....2 nights after we flew in and 1 more the night before we flew out. The location as it relates to the airport and several of the rental car places can't be beat. It also has immediate access to one of the main highways through Portland. We found the hotel to be very well run by a truly exceptional and exceptionally friendly staff. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the shuttle bus driver were fantastic! The rooms were nice also. There is a pretty nice restaurant right next door and a REALLY good Mexican restaurant a couple of blocks down the street (El Sombrero Tapatio) which was recommended by the girls at the front desk. The next time we fly into Portland this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Pony Soldier Inn - Airport

Reviewed 23 October 2013

There are not pictures on line of the rooms in this hotel but the rooms are nice. The only problem we had was that the air conditioner was not working. Once reported they moved us to another room. Beds are very comfortable

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

In a very seedy area. Cop cars all over the place, homeless folks looking for their night time resting place... Up to you whether or not you want to stay here but I won't again. Don't know why the high ratings. However I have stayed at another different pony soldier best western in sandy and it was fine. I wonder if others have confused with this one.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LoneOak6496
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We only initially signed up for a two night stay in case we didn't like it here, but ended up staying all six nights we spent in Portland. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was about average for a moderately priced hotel, but more than enough to satisfy our needs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that opens to the pool side; otherwise you will have a view of a busy road & p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a group. The staff were very friendly and the lobby but great for visiting with our party. Several nice restaurants nearby, including Elmer's next door and an Indian buffet up the road named Namaste.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Colleen A
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great, this is how we all want to be treated. From before we checked in, and until we checked out. The service we received on the phone making a reservation, to check in. Our entire stay every need day or night, was excellence. I really can't wait to return. I wish all hotels were like this one. Thank You, again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel on September 4th, 2013 and it was lovely! I live on the Oregon coast, so I wanted to feel rested before I left on my trip for my daughter's wedding & I could not have picked a better place! I am a single woman, traveling alone and when I made the reservation on the phone the front desk person said she would make sure I was in a courtyard room so I would feel safe and they did put me in a room near the lobby and I felt very safe. The front desk people at check in were so nice. The room was beautiful & clean, the patio was very nice as well. My flight left very early the next morning and Sue Ann drove me to the airport. We had a great conversation on the way and even though it was a short ride, I felt like I had a new friend! Sue Ann is a wonderful, cheerful, lovely person-hard to be all that when it's 4:00 in the morning! They kept my car at the hotel while I was gone as well. On my return, I called the number they had given me and very quickly, their shuttle arrived to get me. Amit was the driver this time and he was very pleasant and we had a nice conversation as well. I would stay here again just based on the staff. Lovely staff, Lovely property! Thank you, Kristin Love

Room Tip: Just state your preferences and I am sure you will be accommodated to the best of their ability!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo