“Great experience”

Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Los Angeles, California
“Great experience”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This Best Western is very comfortable. It's well maintained. The staff is friendly and eager to be helpful. The breakfast is good. Free coffee in the lobby 24 hours. My room was large, clean, and comfortable. It had free wifi, an iron/ironing board, large flatscreen TV with some cable channels, a great workstation where it was easy to plug in a laptop. There was also a coffee maker, microwave and blow dryer in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable I was very pleased. They offered quite a lot, especially for the very reasonable price. The location is convenient to the airport, however, it's not close to downtown. Not a bad drive, though. About 10 miles. If you're looking for a great location, maybe this isn't the place, but it was great for what I needed, since I had a car and could easily drive wherever I wanted to go. Portland is not that large, so you can stay here and still not be too far from city attractions.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 18 November 2013

OK, one issue was check in. The person checking us in seemed quite disoriented. I had some gift cards and normally they ring them right away to check the balance, but she didn't she just set them aside and said she would get to them later. I was afraid they would get missed and had to check the next morning to make sure they were deducted from out bill. Then after we signed all the paperwork she told us to have a good night and told us our room number. But I told her she never gave us any keys. They she said I had confused her with too many questions and that is why she forgot to give us keys. Hmmm...

Our room was large! I joked to my husband that he could go on his business trip and I would just stay in the room. But then the TV wouldn't work. We found it had been unplugged from the back of the TV. Then in the bathroom there was a bunch of paperwork left over from the cleaning staff.

We did find the beds comfortable. The breakfast had many good options. The parking was good. The rides to and from the airport were quick. Although another guest rushed us to leave when we weren't scheduled to leave for about 15 min, but she was ready and wanted to leave right away. We thought she must have had an early flight but actually was on our flight, so we got to the airport a little earlier than we had planned.

Overall, I would stay here again, although it is a bit of a pain getting to here from the South. I think I would find different directions than my GPS suggested.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here twice in August, 2013, the night before flying to Europe, and upon my return, resting up before heading home. I was very surprised by the cleanliness and friendly crew. The evening before my flight, one young man was kind enough to sit at the desk, help me upgrade my flight and make reservations for my return stay. I didn't have to do anything. I highly recommend this place. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. What more could you ask for? Excellent value with free shuttle to airport.

Room Tip: I upgraded to executive for a nice large bed and quieter. It was also very close to desk making it...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Renton, WA, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Friendly staff that make you feel right at home is a strong point of this location. Very good value. Beds are firm which work well for me. I always get a courtside King room and they have always been super quiet. Internet service was quick. Location is excellent for the airport, although it can be hard to get in and out of the property during rush hour.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Coarsegold, California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a well managed hotel. The rooms were large and clean.The hotel is convenient to the airport,downtown. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The rate was a good value I would stay here again.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality this hotel offered being so close to the airport. We found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful, our room was very quiet, the hot breakfast was delicious and seemed like there was something for everybody and there were several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel that offered tasty and unique dining experiences. We felt like this hotel offered an exceptional value for the price.

Room Tip: we had a room facing the pool/spa courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My son and I stayed here during a visit to Portland. The hotel is handsome, spotless, and well managed. The staff is friendly and helpful with directions and any other needed assistance. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Everything worked perfectly. The hotel serves a complimentary, delicious hot breakfast in the morning. We had a big load of dirty clothing-- the hotel provides a free washer and dryer, so we were able to freshen up our clothing for the next leg of our trip. The hotel is located quite close to the Portland light rail system-- so it is easy and cheap to get downtown without having to move the car. Our stay couldn't have been better. This is a great hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family