“Had a dreadful stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Had a dreadful stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

A very noisy hotel, a long way out of the main city for us. We were advised on a restaurant nearby for take out and it was the worst meal we ever had! Woke up sunday morning at 9am for breakfast, went to the dining room and breakfast finished at 9am, on a SUNDAY!!!! We have traveled all over the world and have never seen the breakfast room close SO early esp. on a sunday morning. Staff did try and get a few things for us but we felt that we were in the way. Couldn't wait to get out of there!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
Hello Shippos,
Thank you for writing this review. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay. We do appreciate your feedback from your stay at BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows. I apologize for the hours of breakfast that you were unhappy with. We do try to take customer input into consideration as much as possible. If you do have any other suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lisa Kearns
BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows
503-286-9600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The staff was great. It was my first time in Portland for a work meeting and I didnt know where to go. Steve showed me where my meeting was and told me to call him if i got lost. Great service. My room was so clean and the bathroom was spotless. I got a good nights sleep everynight. Thanks. Joe.

Room Tip: Very clean rooms and bathrooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Hello Joe,
First and foremost, I would like to thank you for providing your review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to let us know. We appreciate all of our guests who take the time to write a review for us and take all of your feedback into consideration.

Lisa Kearns
BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2011

manager lisa followed up with a very nice e-mail, will stay again if we are ever in the area...great

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank queenie044
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Hi Queenie04,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for the kind review about our hotel. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Bonnie was able to provide you with excellent customer service. It is always our goal to make all of our guests feel at home when staying at the BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows. We like to send out thank-you emails to our guests, It's our way of showing our appreciation for your loyalty. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 June 2011

The room was clean the bed was comfortable. there was no semi-private business center. just a computer in the main lobby where everybody looks over your shoulder. No printer for your convience, but you have to email your business matters to the front desk for printing. The front desk clerk was terrible. When I arrived. The man on staff ran my card, in which I told him that I was using my bank card, his demeanor changed from bad to worse. He griped about having to "re-arrange" my reservation. and that the policy for debit cards was different from credit cards. I felt as though it were a hassle. He proceeded to process my card and tell me about how check out time was 11:00am, As I read this on my receipt. But to tell me once was not enough, he had to tell me a good 3 more times. I started to ask him, if he would rather I check into the hotel across the street. Then proceeded to say, "oh yeah" we do have free breakfast. I got a warmer reception from the housekeeper and the afternoon/evening staff.

Room Tip: make sure you check in during the afternoon staff
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. I'm sorry you had that experience with that front desk agent. If there is anything else we can do for you to make your next visit more pleasurable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Western Inn at the Meadows
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Just got back from a trip to Portland staying at the Best Western Inn at the Meadows. No complaints at all, nice big clean room, friendly staff, quiet area and a comfy bed. We didn't partake of the free breakfast (not really breakfast eaters) but the fridge in the room and coffee maker were handy.
Loved the zoo and Powell's City of Books and the no tax shopping, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tripsonsticks
BWMeadows, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Hello Tripsonsticks,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us and the Trip Advisory community with feedback for our hotel. Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay, room, and the front desk worker. I will pass this information onto the people who assisted you. We always try to give guests the best possible experience. Please let us know if you have any suggestions on what we can do to make your stay even better. We appreciate constructive criticism. We are glad you picked Best Western Inn at the Meadows and hope to see you soon.

Thanks!
Andrew Fringer
BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows
1215 N Hayden Meadows Drive, Portland, OR 97217
(p) 503.286-9600 (f) 503.286-8020
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 May 2011

The room was so spacious,,must be the largest room among the rest of the BW hotels I've been to. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the room came with a mini kitchen. There are several restaurants around the hotel and is very close to the freeway. We stopped at this hotel late night after being on the road for 7 hours and it was great to have found this place with a restaurant next to it that was still open. I have to mention the extra service and accommodation that Steve extended to us,,will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MariaT16
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 22 May 2011
Hi MariaT16,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again. We are very happy to see that our guest rooms exceeded your expectations and that Steve was of great help to you during your stay. It is important to us that all of our guests feel comfortable and at home here at BEST WESTERN Inn at the meadows. If you have any recommendation on how we can improve our hotel even more, please let us know. We welcome any and all suggestions; they inspire us to better ourselves. If there is anything we can do for you to make your next visit more pleasurable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Wonderful kitchen area in large room, comfortable bed, full breakfast...very nice value overall!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Hi ChargerPower,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay and for your positive review. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our complimentary hot buffet breakfast was a highlight of your visit. However, we are constantly striving to improve and would like know If you have any suggestions on what we can do to make our hotel an even better stay for you. Thank you again and we hope to see you very soon!