“3.5 Stars”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Provo, Utah
“3.5 Stars”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I'd really like to give it 3 and a half stars/dots. It was a nice room. Very spacious. The breakfast was good, but not great. I was very disappointed that there was no pool, or weight room or anything with at least a treadmill or a stationary bike. I tried to save the company a little money, but next time I will get a room at a nicer place that may cost a little more, but will still be within the published limits.

Room Tip: Room 219 seemed to be a little roomier than others.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
BWPortland, Front Desk at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
NavyRicky,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your spacious room with a good price. I am sorry about us not having a gym or a pool. Unfortunately we only have the oversize outdoor hot tub. We are looking into adding a workout facility in the future. I am sorry that this is not done already. We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope you give us another try.

Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Seaside, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Our high school dance team has been going to the Best Western Inn at the Meadows for over 20 years!...for our State Competition....at the Memorial Coliseum in Portland.

We always find the staff extremely friendly, helpful, and interested in how our team is doing!
The parents of our team members, also are welcomed there, and enjoy their stay immensely.
it is always very clean, the breakfasts are great, the location is perfect, for last minute trips to the nearby grocery, convenience store emergencies, or hairspray, and make-up for their performance faces!..Mr. Lee , is always so accomodating, and asking if there is any thing else we need!...we so appreciate the security there, and the roomy parking lot for our parents/grandparents cars.
The laundry room comes in very handy, for washing the costumes after each performance, and drying them in a timely manner!...we enjoy booking the hospitality suite, for our team meetings, and "secret sister, gift unwrapping"......
Each year it is really like coming home to our home away from home...the peaceful nights, no road, or airport noise...permits a nice night's rest, after a busy day practicing, and performing!

We beleive that the special ambience at the Inn at the Meadows is due to the excellent management provided by Mr. Lee and the entire staff!

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a great quality, and i am sure that if someone is not totally happy, they wil...
1 Thank 932Jeanne_P932
BWPortland, Front Desk at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
932Jeanne_P932 ,

We always love having your team stay here. I will let Mr. Lee know that you guys enjoyed his service. It means alot to us when we see the same faces every year. It lets us know that we are doing things right. Again thank you for your kind words and we will see you next year.

Seattle Area
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Great front desk customer service. Nobody in the industry seems to get every key card to work, but I am glad at least one worked, customers just need to check them right away to avoid inconvenience. Nice spacious room for 3 and a poodle at the last minute. Read an earlier review that the eggs go green-well they do when prepared/warmed "too long" on aluminum or iron and aluminum or iron utensils (I think if you add a litlle ham a lot of customers will love it plus it was the day before St Patricks also consider going with stainless steel or a tasty additive). A lot of customers may not be aware the the geen in the eggs is harmless, so I admit I enjoyed the green and the yellow eggs! My room # 111 had a broken folding suitcase stand, I just reported it when I checked out (The desk manager seemed surprised, but reported it to maintenance right away). Here's a little tip. Checkout is at 11:00 AM, clocks should be set to real time and so should housekeeping (they wanted in at 10:55 annoying my wife). Still it was a very nice enjoyable stay! Hope to come back.

Room Tip: Check with front desk if you need to come in a side door or a rear door-you can not use your room ke...
Hello Gene W,

Thank you for your review we always love to hear about guest's stay. I appreciate all the kind words and tips about our hotel you left. Thank you for the great tip for dealing with our egg problems. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will be able to see you soon.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows
Ventura, CA
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at the Meadows a second time and got a MUCH better room.
We requested a King room. We weren't happy with the King Deluxe Room that we paid extra $$ for last time so I downgraded. It was a nice room on the second floor with a view of the parking lot. We were there for work and drove a truck so it was nice to be able to see it. They even let us dispose of some of our construction trash in their dumpster which was a HUGE convenience to us and we are very grateful to them for their generosity in letting us do that. They have a wonderful swimming pool size jacuzzi which we got to enjoy all by ourselves on two evenings. We brought down some wine in a plastic cup to sip on. It was great. The front desk people were more than nice this time. We ate at a Chinese food place within walking distance from the hotel. The portions were so large we ate the leftovers the next night.
It's not a fancy hotel but it looks like they are working on upgrading little by little. The lobby was getting remodeled when we were there. My only complaint is the breakfast sausages were overcooked and tough each morning and the menu never changed. Variety is really nice when you stay more than a few days but we were grateful for the convenience of the breakfast being served early and on time each morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a wet bar.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DebiVentura_CA
Hello DebiVentura_CA,

I am so happy that your second reservation was better than the first. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request. We always try to honor all requests. I will be letting everyone at the front desk that they were able to help you. Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I paid cash and then I was charged on my credit card too. If you have cameras it would be awesome for you to go back on that day to review and see me giving cash along with my drivers license and AAA card. This would be my only proof and my word because I was not given a reciept. the gentlemen who took my money asked me if i wanted to close out or leave it open in case I wanted to charge anything in the room. I said that would be fine but when we leave would it be ok to pay with cash, and he said yes. Well we didn't have any charges to the room. And maybe this is why I didn't get a reciept - I don't know. So when I got a credit card bill I was in shock. So a room that should of costed me $118 ended up costing me $236. I called and spoke to the Owner / Manager. And he felt himself and his operation is perfect that there is no possible way he could of made a mistake, basically called me a lier - Great Customer Service - I don't think sooooo He should of apologized for the misunderstanding, offer to credit me back half or give a gift card for another stay, something. When this happened he was busy the phone was ringing there were other customers, this is something that could of been overlooked or for the plan fact that he didn't close out my card? I don't know. I just know the only person who is perfect is JESUS CHRIST. I am honest, I tip well, and to be made to feel like a lier was not cool. I had great ratings when I thought I paid $118, but not for $236.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chere G
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. I am sorry that you had that experience in the past with the hotel. If there is anything else we can do for you to make your next visit more pleasurable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stay at the Best Western Inn at the Meadows 3 times a year for the antique show at Expo. The Inn at the Meadows is consistently good; always very clean, friendly staff, good breakfast, and great location.

Hello,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. If there is anything else we can do for you to make your next visit more pleasurable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 5 March 2012

missed our flight home airline gave us a discount voucher this was the hotel that was available to us. turned out to be a bit farther away than we thought. upon arrival sign on doors said sorry for construction we're remodeling the lobby. No big deal I hadn't planned on sleeping in the lobby. front desk staff were helpful and pleasant made sure we would have a shuttle back to airport in the morning. room was clean, decent sized, comfy bed, place looked well kept. local restaurant next door was a pleasant surprise. Continental plus breakfast next morning was good, plenty of what you'd expect. shuttle got us back to airport easily. nice hotel not in an area I would normally stay but can recommend it to those looking to stay in the area.

Room Tip: get a king room you'll have plenty of space
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
BWPortland, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Hello cjar6250,

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry we were a bit further than what you expected. If you have any other comments or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks again,