“Recently Renovated & Excellent Breakfast Included”

Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Ranked #33 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
OKLAHOMA CITY
“Recently Renovated & Excellent Breakfast Included”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Minutes from Downtown Portland and Vancouver. Rooms have just been renovated, good selection of breakfast items. Staff are very pleasant and hospitable. Very convenient to shopping in the immediate area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. Thank you for noticing the effort we've put into renovations and we appreciate the compliment to our staff. On top of that, you even enjoyed our free hot breakfast and the advantages of our location - great to hear! We hope you'll choose to stay with us again soon. We'd love to have you.

On behalf of the staff at BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows, thank you and take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Seattle
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I was traveling for business to Portland and I have passed this area every time, usually preferring to stay closer to downtown.
Well, let me tell you, I was happy to pull over sooner than later after crossing the bridge from WA. The heart of Portland is only about 10 minutes away anyway, so why not?
There is free parking, a few somewhat decent restaurants within a stones throw, and easy access to MLK or I-5 to take you into town. The parking lot seemed safe and worry free.
The room was clean, nice, and comfortable. I even liked the decor (which I usually don't care about one way or another.) It was sort of late when arrived and was nice to just unwind, plug into the free wi-fi (which worked just fine on my I-phone)..plus the HD TV is really nice! I do agree with another review that the remote is somewhat confusing when turning it off or on. Maybe I just don't know how to use these things anymore.
The staff was excellent and welcoming.
I was happy about the breakfast in the morning; There is the usual TV with the news on and some music playing overhead simultaneously. Every now and then I thought I heard an old fashion modem connection sound or a fax machine behind me as I ate and stared at the TV. Come to find out, as I finally turned around to see, it is one of those pancake machines.
I will say there are only paper plates available which I thought a bit odd. I am no prima donna, but thought it was weird to pry paper plates from the stack next to a lonely tip jar. Quality of the food was good, as was the coffee.

Bottom line is this is a great place to stay for a reasonable rate especially if you just need a place to relax and sleep between business/work excursions.

This will be the hotel I return to as I thought it had everything I needed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We were happy to see that you had such a great stay with us. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the amenities we offer and that you took advantage of our location. Hope to see you again the next time you're in town - come back soon!

mossyrock, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had hard time sleeping and was very sore in the morning.......My husband that can sleep anywhere also had difficulty sleeping......He also said he was disappointed, they only had powdered creamer... "even crappy, cheap stores give coffee creamer"

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations regarding the beds. As for the creamer, we do have half and half available upon request, just for future reference. We are always striving to provide our guests with a superior hotel experience. We hope you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you're in town to show you that we've improved.

On behalf of all the staff here at BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows, thank you and take care!
Wheeler, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Nice enough staff, good breakfast, room decent, lacking business center and no fitness center, Needed to charge 500 dollars on my debit card for incidentals which seemed a bit absurd since there was no room service, in room movies, bar etc to charge. It was just a little disappointing after staying at the Staybridge Suites (in Vancouver) the week before for the same price...now that place was awesome !! BW at the Meadows, could have been worse to be sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our staff, breakfast and the room to your satisfaction. We are always striving to provide our guests with a more superior hotel experience. We hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town to show you that we have improved.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The rooms are spacious with all new interiors. just be ready to here the aircraft from PDX. The parking lot is large enough that I had no problems parking a 27' boat and truck. There are many different restaurants to choice from and shopping is just a short walk away.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Hello,

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay. I apologize if you were hearing airplane noise. This is not a complaint we usually hear as we are not located by the airport. I am glad that you were able to find parking for your boat. We find that our location outside of downtown allows us to accommodate guests that could never park or stay in downtown. Thanks for noticing our upgraded rooms and we hope to see you soon.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows
Fresno, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Facilities are being remodeled one random room at a time...should block off sections of rooms at a time to avoid bugging the guests..General Facilities are not up to BW standards.....NO EXCERCISE FACILITIES....NO BUSINESS/ COMPUTER ROOM that we could find....using a computer out in the lobby lacks privacy and sets a lame tone for the entrance....
Personnel....rank and file, very accommodating....HOWEVER, after a manager set us on a day trip to Mount St Helens with a MAPQUEST MAP that put us 75 mi. to the wrong side of the volcano..we almost got snowed in with no food/ water/or facilities....we complained....Management avoided us...CRICKETS.. Finally I cornered Mr Lee..He offered to give us 10,000 bonus points, on my Gold Crown Card..Since then ...MORE CRICKETS

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello Phil W,

I am sorry if the renovations affected your experience at the hotel. We are trying to keep the affects our upgrading the rooms to a minimum. I will be talking with my maintenance department to make sure he is not working in an area that has a lot of guests checked in. I will talk with both Mr. Lee and the person who printed out the directions. I am so sorry this happened. I hope that you stay with us again and see the results of the upgraded rooms.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows Staff
Athens, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Spacious, clean, comfortable room with all the amenities, fine breakfast, and friendly staff. A quick drive to the airport or downtown Portland. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Another bonus is that there are several good restaurants within yards of the hotel--easy walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Mary Carol B,

We are all so happy with the great stay you had. We always try to provide the cleanest rooms with the best customer service. We know there are many similar hotels to us but we feel our attention to detail and customer service sets us apart. It is also good to see you enjoyed the restaurants around the hotel. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you next time you are in Portland.

Best Western Inn at the Meadows