“Convenient”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Convenient”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Chose this hotel as it is convenient to downtown Portland and shopping.The room was nice and clean except for a stain on the carpet. It has bold colors for its decor a more modern look. Our room was large enough for 3 adults and we loved the red club chair. The bed was hard compared to other BW hotel, too hard for my preference. Breakfast was okay. The staff was helpful and friendly. I needed help to log on to the wifi, one of the staff came to the room and tried to help but was unsuccessful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Hi 808LApo,

Thank you for reviewing us. We’re glad to see you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our renovated rooms. We hope you enjoyed the hot full breakfast that comes with the room as well as many of our other free amenities. We do have a couple other WIFI networks that tend to work as backups if the main one doesn’t work on certain devices. We hope everything went well for you and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Convenient location, close to the freeway but not noisy at all. Very clean and comfortable room. Good value for us as we just needed a place to sleep after being on the road for a long day. They even serve breakfast. My family felt safe and secure. The room is very up to date with free coffee, mini fridge and microwave. Parking is free too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 567ivyj
Hi 567ivyj,

It is always good for us to hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us and everything went well. We’re glad to see you enjoyed our rooms, as well as everything that comes with it. We hope you liked our hot buffet style breakfast and the coffee in our rooms. We hope to see you again soon!
Santa Ynez, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My room was very comfortable and quiet. Ease access to airport, and I never heard any planes. The window coverings kept the room VERY dark, which was great. The bed was comfortable, tho' not as comfortable as other Best Western hotels that I have stayed at, not as soft. The staff was very nice, what little contact I had with them. The breakfast was just fine. It is a totally non-smoking hotel and pet friendly. All good things.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Susan,

We’re glad to see you enjoyed your stay and everything went well for you! It’s always nice to hear about our guest’s experiences with us. We’re glad to see you enjoyed our rooms and everything that comes with it. We’re glad to see you took advantage of our hot full breakfast, and it’s good to see our staff interacted with you during your stay. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here for one night on our return to Canada from Southern California to have a taste of Portland. Accommodation downtown on a Friday night was incredibly expensive and we almost gave up but booked this at the last minute, not really knowing how accessible the location would be to downtown. Traffic on a rainy, wet Friday afternoon was awful. The LRT, Max, is a 5 minute walk away from the hotel, the train runs every 15 minutes, and takes 30 minutes to Pioneer Square. The cost? $2 return for a senior, and $5 return for others!

On top of the location, the hotel was spotless, we had a huge room, and the breakfast was great.

Will definitely stay here again and have no hesitation recommending this hotel. Very good value!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diwaldo21
Hi diwaldo,

We’re glad to see you enjoyed your stay. Rates during the summer can go up, however it is very well worth it considering our amenities are free (Wifi, breakfast, parking, 90+ HD channels, oversized hot tub, etc), and we are also within distance to many restaurants, stores, and parks. The light rail public transportation tram is very convenient as it is $5.00 for the entire day on any line or bus, and they also have discounts for seniors, kids, and many more! We’re glad to see you enjoyed the rooms and everything that came with it. Hope to see you again soon!
Tacoma
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Very nice staff! I felt welcomed from the time I checked in! My kids were on Spring Break and we all love the Portland area. Anything we asked for to make our stay better there was no hesitation for it to be provided! The breakfast was very filling! They definitely have made me a loyal customer!

• Stayed April 2014
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello Sharondatomeia,

We always strive to provide the best possible customer service and am happy you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to let all the front desk staff know that you were pleased with their customer service. We feel that going the extra mile and trying to connect with each guest realy makes a difference. Everyone here enjoys their job and Portland so it makes it easy for us to provide the best customer service.

Thanks,
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I first stayed at this hotel 2 years ago for the Portland swap meet and enjoyed the stay. We liked it so much that we made reservations for the following year before we even checked out.
Last year,two weeks prior to our stay, my wife had a life threatening stroke forcing me to cancel our reservations. One year later, we decided to go to the swap meet again, so we made reservations with Best Western. This year, I was forced to cancel again due to a deployment to the landslide in Oso, Washington (Im a firefighter). I will be there for 10 days starting Friday and will again, miss the swap meet. As these were unforseen events that I had no control over, I thought that Best Western would work with me on the reservations. NOT SO! They stated that I cancelled within two weeks of my stay and that they are going to charge me one nights stay. They also claim that I have a history of making reservations and then cancelling them at the last minute. Except for these two occurances, this is not true.
When I spoke to the manager, he stated that he had documentation of my history with them. Since you have my address, I ask that you mail it to me as I am curious as to what it is that you are refering to.
In regards to the comment about not being allowed back if I gave a bad review, Don't worry. I have no intention of returning. Enjoy the money.

Scott Mahlen

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Scott M
Hello Scott M,

I am sorry that you were unable to make this year's Swap Meet and hope to see you at next year's Swap Meet. With the Swap Show reservations you guys get a very discounted rate but there is the 2 week cancellation policy. This was what was agreed to at the time you made the reservation. I feel that we were being reasonable as it was only a 1 day no show charge. We appreciate your loyalty to BEST WESTERN and hope to see you again.

THANKS,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I traveled for a convention at which I was attending and speaking. Best Western Inn at the Meadows is located near a light MAX train stop. Close enough to walk and not get soaked in the rain (important for a presenter). Rooms very comfortable, spacious, great value. Good selection for breakfast every morning, included. All of the staff, front desk, cleaning and shuttle driver were professional and attentive. One evening I ate at Shari's in front of the hotel. Good food and value.
There is no restaurant per se in the hotel. There is a hot tub outside.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the third floor, no one walking above and away from the pet-friendly rooms on the...