“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here in July 2014, the outdoor spa was wonderful after a busy day out sightseeing and hiking. I would stay here again. The breakfast was good especially the potatoes, but there was a lot to choose from. Located just outside Portland and close to the I-5.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
indyblues,

Hello! Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Portland. One of the best things in Oregon I believe is the natural landscapes you can look at. We are really close to many of them so I'm glad that it worked out for you. It is great that you could relax in the spa after a busy day. Our breakfast staff tries their hardest to take care of breakfast, and they were really glad to hear that you liked the potatoes! We really hope to see you again.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great as usual: food, room, cleanliness. Breakfast room is still too small, especially on Saturday and Sunday. I was pleased with the pancake making machine - you can make a bunch of pancakes in a short time. Pleased to see the newly paved and striped parking lot -- much better than before. On-site guest PC monitor and keyboard were missing from the computer box.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

SkypeWalker,

Thank you for choosing us again! We are really glad that after all this time you still like the overall condition of the hotel. We do have overflow sitting on another room, so hopefully next time that works out for you. Many of our guest like the pancake machine, I also think its great. I wish I had one at home! We are really glad you have noticed the changes we have made to the hotel, including the newly paved parking lot. We are sure you will find many new things next time you're here. We did run into some problems with the PC, but we hope to have that ready in the next few days. Thank you a lot for being a loyal guest, hope to see you next time.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I always enjoy my Best Western stays. This hotel was one of the cleanest and comfortable of all that I have visited so far. The hotel is modern with very friendly & attentive staff. The location was convenient to freeways and getting around by car, and it is just 5 minutes to the yellow rail that takes you to downtown, Portland as well as other neighborhoods. There are also a few places to eat around the hotel. The front desk staff also suggested some great nearby breweries. Great price as well! I needed to add a day to my stay, and when I called they were still able to keep my great rate.

MVC415,

We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. It makes us really proud to know that it is one of the cleanest hotels you've been in. We are 100% committed to having a really clean hotel so it's nice when guest mention it. Our staff really enjoy helping our guest, it's great that you appreciated their help. We are conveniently located near a few restaurants and also have many great places to go withing a few minutes of us. We really hope to see you again so you can enjoy our services and the beautiful city of Portland.

Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked this hotel for two nights at the end of our week-long trip to Oregon. The staff was very friendly and so helpful with our questions about where to go to see the sights. The breakfast was very good with plenty of choices, but the dining room does get busy after 8 am. We found the beds very comfortable. The hotel is quite close to the train station and I'd suggest using that to get downtown. I wish we had another day there as we would have liked to see Mt. Saint Helens; someone on the train said it was only about 60 miles away and worth the trip. I guess we will have to come back again. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at this location again.

Green Features: The hotel has a sign that they will change the linens every three days unless you request them to be changed more often. I'm fine with that.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello Cavbeagle,

It is great that our staff was able to assist you during your stay. We feel our dedication to customer service is what sets us apart from all other hotels. We are happy to see you got a great night's sleep on our Sealy Posturepedic beds. When we updated the rooms we made sure to get the best beds possibe as we know how important a great night's sleep is.

Churchville, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nothing to really gig them about. The rooms were clean and up to date, staff was professional, provided transportation to the airport.
Only problem are the vagrants, panhandlers, homeless and bums that seem to be everywhere in Portland including the ones between this Hotel and Light rail station which is an 8 minute walk.

Hello Stephen B,

It is great to see how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am glad you noticed our renovated rooms and that our staff was able to assist you throughout your stay. I wish there was something I could do about the homeless/vagrants in Portland. This is a constant issue that the city is having a hard time fixing. We try our best to keep all undesirables off the hotel property by both our staff and private security for the area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was clean and bright - the staff was wonderful and the breakfast was good. It is well north of downtown Portland but only a couple of blocks from the light rail - which we used throughout our stay (a great way to visit Portland). I paid more than I usually do for the room (I'm admittedly a budget traveler) but felt it was worth the expense for a very comfortable, convenient hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello 565maryannc,

We thank you for your stay and glad that your stay went so well. I will let all of our staff know what a great job they did. We have well trained staff and always place an emphasis on customer service. It is good to see you were able to take advantage of the Max Yellow line that is so close to our hotel. You get to bypass all traffic and parking fees downtown. We are happy you had such a good stay and hope to see you soon.

Lafayette, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Large rooms, comfortable beds, decent breakfast. Though busy, the hotel was generally very quiet. My main criticisms are bland room décor and, besides desk chair, there was only one, rather uncomfortable chair in the large room. It would have been nice for each of us to have had a chair or a loveseat to share. Lots of free parking. Walk to coffee shops, fast food.

Hello Lee N,

We are all so happy that you stayed with us and enjoyed your stay. I am glad that everything went so smoothly even though we were so busy. Our staff is well trained to handle busy times throughout the year. We hope to see you soon.