“fromdepoebay2meadows”

Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A/C was noisy. Other than that, I liked it. Great bed and pillows! TV remote was problematic, but front-desk man said they're working on that, along with the A/C. This'd be a nice place for business personnel/conventioneers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello Dan H,

I am glad that your trip from Depot Bay to Portland went so great. We have already fixed the issues with your A/C and are getting new remotes from Direct TV soon. If there is anything else we can do to make your next stay better please let us know.

Thanks.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Must admit that a primary motivation for choosing this hotel was a reluctance to pay $32 in parking required for most hotels downtown! That being said Inn At the Meadows is only about a five minute drive north on I-5 (as long as you don't make the mistake we did and try driving during rush hour which is horrendous). Fortunately there is a super train system in Portland which has $2 trip or $5 all day passes. The station for this is only a short walk from the motel. The motel itself is located in a relatively quiet area <close to the race track> with a large recreation area close by as well as a Wallmart and various chain restaurants which can be walked to. We tried 'Burritos' which was our mistake considering Portlands reputation for fine restaurants. That being said it was cheap and quite popular! The motel is very well maintained with accomodating staff, dollies for moving ones luggage which I love, and lots of room to park. We had a king room which was spacious, very clean, well appointed bathroom, mini-fridge, and free WiFi that worked okay. AC was fine as well. We didn't use the hot-tub but there is a small lounge area next to it in the back. The breakfast was one of the better ones we experienced on our trip and there IS extra seating by the hot-tub if required. Value is excellent as our room's base was $119. Would stay there again and can recommend it to others without hesitation!

Room Tip: Not an issue due to quiet area and good functioning elevator service.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello TajanderStAlbert,

I think you made a great choice by staying with us instead of downtown. We are close enough to Portland Downtown to enjoy it but far enough to not have to deal with all the downtown problems. I am sorry about the Burrito House it is not the best place in Portland or even in our area (they do have good margarita's). We appreciate your business and we hope to see you next time you are in Portland.

Thanks.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was recently updated and was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is great, right near I-5, with restaurants within walking distance. I will stay here again when I visit the Portland OR area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Susan O,

We would love to have you as our Guest anytime! Thank you for the nice review and we are always happy to hear it when the location works out great..

Best Western Inn at the Meadows - Portland, OR ~

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice clean hotel, very good hot breakfast. You can take the train to downtown to explore Portland for $5 all day pass. Hotel staff were very helpful. Laundry facilities at the hotel. Bonus if you have been on the road for a while. No pubs/brew houses within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thanks Bear1010!

Thank you for the great view. We hope to see you soon, or next time in Portland. There are two lounges in Elmer's and Mars Meadows, that are next to the Hotel. About 5 miles south of the Hotel - accessible with the local roads there are a quite of good bars in Alberta or Mississippi Ave.

Best Western Inn at the Meadows - Portland, OR ~

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed for three nights at this location. Our room was very clean, with a mini fridge and microwave oven. The A/C worked super nice, staff very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was good. Hotel provide shuttle services from the airport so we didn't worry about taking a taxi cab. The only thing we didn't like was that walls are thin so you could hear children running or jumping around. But overall we like it and we had a pleasant time. If we ever go back to Portland we'll probably book this same hotel.

1  Thank ROSEMARY S
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel. We do appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the room; our house team and maintenance team work diligently to keep the rooms in excellent clean working condition. I'll pass on this nice comment at our next meeting. As for the noise, let the front desk know next time, we will take care of it for you. Obviously, we will be discreet; we have a zero tolerance policy on noise for all guest; so that everyone can enjoy there stay. I will check with the head engineer(Raul) if there is anything to make the walls a little more sound proof in the meantime. Our entire hotel staff is always striving toward superior customer service and in becoming one of the friendliest hotels in Portland. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you back here the next time you visit Portland!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a one night stop-over on my way from Seattle to San Francisco. I was a little hesitant to stay in a hotel outside of downtown since my time was limited, but all of the other hotels were much more pricey. The location ended up being ideal! With my car, I was able to get anywhere I wanted to go within 7-10 minutes, and it was convenient to the highway. There was also a Walmart within walking distance, so I was able to stock up on some items for my roadtrip. There are also a variety of chain restaurants nearby if you don't feel like venturing out.

As for the hotel itself, the staff was exceptionally friendly. Despite the fact that I arrived around 12:30, my room was already prepared so I was able to check in early and go about my day in the city. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel was very busy, but still very quiet. The free continental breakfast was nice, with a selection of hot foods (not just your cereal and fruit).

All in all, I definitely recommend this hotel for the Portland traveller--as long as you don't mind the little bit of driving to get to downtown. It's definitely a great value for comfort!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hi Mindy,

I want to personally say thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Best Western over all of the other hotels in Portland. We are very honored to have had you as one of our guests Mindy. Thanks for the great detailed review; it is much appreciated. Wanted to also let you know there is a light rail 3 blocks from the hotel if you didn't want to drive in the city next time. I find it really convenient if you don't want to deal with the traffic and parking; and plus it is really inexpensive. I will definitely share this nice review at our next staff meeting. These do great for motivation. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything at all that we could have done to improve your stay, or if there is anything that you were not fully satisfied with. Our entire hotel staff is always striving toward superior customer service and in becoming one of the friendliest hotels in Portland. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you back here the next time you visit Portland!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Spacious renovated rooms. Breakfast was better than average. Nice to have 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds. Only downfall was that the walls are thin, so we can hear people next door, plus kids running back and forth in the room above us.

1  Thank kkwVancouver
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello kkwVancouver,

We are really glad to see that you notice our improvements. We are trying to make many changes and have a nice hotel for our guest. We also think that a double bed would be too small so we opted to only have king beds or queen bed i the rooms. We really hope to see you again and hopefully you can see more of our improvements.

Thanks,