“Renovation at Meadows”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Honolulu
“Renovation at Meadows”
Reviewed 14 December 2009

The hotel is currently being renovated; the entire first floor’s flooring is being worked on. There really isn’t much of a lobby at this point due to the renovation, but you are still able to get to the front desk, elevator, and morning breakfast. It should look great once the work is completed. The work doesn’t really impact anything about the stay, didn’t have any problems with construction noise or getting around.

The morning breakfast is nice, toast, muffins, doughnuts, some kind of eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereals, waffles, fruits, and yogurt. There is also milk, tea, juice, hot chocolate, and coffee as well. It’s all free and the paper is also provided in that room. It does get a little old having the same thing every day, but then again you don’t have to eat there. Shari’s, Elmers, and Burger King are right outside the hotel, well within walking distance.

The rooms are nice and spacious, if you are looking for a hotel with a view, this is not the place. It’s a great place to stay if you just need a clean/nice place to stay for the night. They use to have a printer and computer in the lobby to use to print things, but that has been moved to one of the other rooms. The printer has been removed but you can just send the front desk an email and they can print it out for you.

Overall, the Meadows is a good place to stay. If you are a Costco member, I would suggest looking at costco’s travel site as you may get a cheaper rate than through the hotel website.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Public Relations at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
Dear l808,

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to sit down and write a review for our hotel. I want to thank you for your patience while we were under going renovation at our hotel. I am proud to say we are near completion and our floors look great.

I am grateful you enjoyed our breakfast, including our many selections. However, we are always trying to improve our breakfast so if you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to let us know.

I am also glad you enjoyed having our computer at your convenience and it is never a problem for us to print something out you need.

We hope to earn your loyalty each time you are in the Portland area.

Again, thank you for taking the time and we look forward to your next visit.

Allison Gaede
1215 N Hayden Meadows Drive, Portland, OR 97217
(p) 503.286-9600 (f) 503.286-8020

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
NORMANDIE
Reviewed 8 December 2009

staff really helpful the tram MAX near by fantastic breakfast
many thks
will come back again

daniel and alain

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Dear alain1209,

I would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel. I am so glad that our staff treated you with excellent service and care.

I am also pleased that you took the opportunity to ride the max light rail and it was of great convenience to you.

Thank you for making the decision to stay here again and to be a loyal guest. If you should have any further suggestions or comments please feel free to contact us.

Many Thanks,
Allison Gaede
1215 N Hayden Meadows Drive, Portland, OR 97217
(p) 503.286-9600 (f) 503.286-8020
Boston
Reviewed 29 September 2009

We were Very Happy with our stay here. It was a much needed rest. It was very easy to tell that ALL of the staff were well trained to put the customer first. I stayed for a week, and some days I didn't need the room done, others I actually wanted it done a soon as I could. The Housekeeping staff was OUTSTANSING. Front desk staff was always available, and very kind. Breakfast had an very good assortment of fruit, cereals, toast eggs, pancakes, juices, coffee, and whatever I wanted. Even the part of having my daily statement delivered under my door, had a nice touch. Great Job Best Western Meadows.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 28 October 2009
Dear Superknown,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience at Best Western Inn At The Meadows.

Especially with the housekeeping, which is a very important part of our hotel. We will continue to try to always improve in all aspects of our hotel. With your kind comments it helps motivate us to do better.

We hope you will continue to visit our property on future visits to Portland as well as other Best Westerns. We would love to earn your loyalty when you are traveling to Portland. Should you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Rude, indifferent, unhelpful and unaccommodating front desk girl made my stay tense and stressful. I was at this property for an exhibition at the Expo Center. I quickly switched to the Days Inn next door where the staff is courteous and helpful. You should do the same.Avoid the Best Western at the Meadows

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Dear Kipukatrading,

I want to apologize for any problems you had experienced while you were at our hotel.

We take customer service, professionalism, and training very seriously and again, we are saddened that you had this experience at our hotel.

I will make sure our Front desk staff is aware of what happened.

I hope we will get an opportunity to see you again in the future at BW Inn At The Meadows, Portland. Should you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Really enjoyed my stay at Best Western Inn at the Meadows. Staff are very friendly. Helped me with all my questions and even made great suggestions where to eat and what to see. Rooms were okay, nothing spectacular but the rooms were large, clean, and had comfy beds. Hotel was really easy to find, and was located really close to DT Portland and Vancouver WA. Breakfast was really good. Would definitly come back next time in Portland.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Dear TravelingThrough66,

Thank you so much for the great review of our property. We very pleased we were able to help in any way.

Some of the things we proud of at our hotel:
helpful staff, great breakfast, and cleanliness.

We look forward to seeing you again, and if there is anything we can do to help better your stay, please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,

Idaho
Reviewed 18 August 2009

16 or so of us were stranded at the Portland Airport when a late night flight was canceled. The airlines put us up at this hotel. The hotels curtesy van could only carry eight of us so indicated they would have a quick turn around and pick the rest of us up. After an hour we called and were told that the shuttle was done for the night and they were not comming back. They indicated they thought the airline staff were going to find us outside the airport and tell us to take a cab. No appology on our lodging a complaing. I got up in the AM to a shower covered in hair...again no appology. I emailed Best Western Corporate who asked the hotel management to respond. They never did. Corporate office appologized on their behalf. You can do better than staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank IDRobert
BWMeadows, Guest Services at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 29 October 2009
Dear IDRobert,

From everyone at Best Western Inn at the Meadows we apologize for any inconveniences that you may have had at our hotel. I know it is too late to remedy the problems you encountered at our hotel but we are working with our front desk staff and housekeeping to make sure problems like this does not happen again. We understand that we have made mistakes and we look forward to proving to you that we have fixed the mistakes. Again we apologize for not making your trip as enjoyable as it could have been and hope that if you were to give us another try we will show you that the problems and inconveniences have been fixed.

Best Wishes,
Andrew Fringer
Clatskanie OR
Reviewed 15 August 2009

We always stay here when flying out of Portland. They keep remodeling the rooms and making the breakfast better. It is about 20 min from the airport but are ready to take you on your time frame. We let them know of our departure the night before and call them when we get to the airport and they are there in 20 min. They have a very comfortable van to pick you up in. There park and fly package is the best. I forgot some clothes in the room and they called my cell phone and even offered to mail them to me but did not have them do this as I will pick them up when in Portland. They also have free interent in the lobby. Most hotels will not let you park for 2 weeks and this place does.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
Dear Jeannegirl,
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoy our Park and Fly service. We are always welcome to suggestions on how to improve our hotel, and will always try to accommodate your needs. Again, thank you for your positive review and we hope to see you soon.

Andrew Fringer