“Excellent”

Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Everything was great. Only complaints would be a noisy heating unit, and non working hot tub.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Hello Chirgwinm,

Many thanks from everyone at BEST WESTERN inn at the Meadows, it is nice to know you had an enjoyable stay with us. I apologize regarding the heating unit causing too much noise during your stay. We would definitely like to know where you were accommodated in order to get this problem fixed. Also I see the outdoor spa wasn’t functioning during your stay, we are currently working on fixing the issue and hope to get it running soon. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to let us know.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Cindy Jara
1215 North Hayden Meadows Drive
Portland, OR 97217
(T) 503.286.9600 (F) 503.286.8020

There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn At The Meadows

Reviewed 21 February 2011

We have stayed in this Best Western before for the location.
The hotel is clean and the rooms are large.
The spa was out of service, which was disappointing.
The breakfast room is bright and the food plentiful.
I would book again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Hello,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. We are very happy to see that many of our accommodations met your needs. However, I would like to take the time to apologize for our spa being unavailable to you during your visit. This was do to the fact that we are working on replacing some vital parts. We hope that our spa will be up and running in no time! We are also pleased that you found our complimentary breakfast enjoyable and plentiful! If there is anything we can do for you to make your next visit more pleasurable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks Again,

Lisa Kreeft
503.286.9600

Reviewed 3 February 2011

There were more trucks in the parking lot than cars. Rooms were average. Breakfast was average. Hotel was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
BWMeadows, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2011

Hello Whidbeykat,

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel. While we usually do not have alot of trucks in the parking lot I am happy this did not bother you. We always try to give all guests the best possible experience and are happy that you had a good stay. Again thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows and we hope to see you soon.

Thanks!
Andrew Fringer
1215 N Hayden Meadows Drive, Portland, OR 97217
(p) 503.286-9600 (f) 503.286-8020

Reviewed 23 January 2011

We had a great trip again. Great customer service. Shuttle to the airport and to and from the Expo center is a plus. We so much enjoyed shuttle driver Moses, a very hard worker with a great attitude, and very informative. Room and hotel are well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2011

Hello Claudia,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our accommodations met your needs. We are also glad to see that our shuttle driver, Moises, provided you with great customer service! If you have any recommendation on how we can improve our hotel even more, please let us know. We welcome any and all suggestions; they inspire us to better ourselves.

Thanks again!

Lisa K.
503.286.9600

Reviewed 11 January 2011

I really appreciated how willing they were to get me to train station on time.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
BWMeadows, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Hello Rudy1949,

I am glad that everything went good with your shuttle. I will let the front desk and drivers know that they were able to help and assist you. We always try to give all guests the best possible experience and are happy that you had a good stay. Again thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows and we hope to see you soon.

Thanks!
Andrew Fringer
1215 N Hayden Meadows Drive, Portland, OR 97217
(p) 503.286-9600 (f) 503.286-8020

Reviewed 3 January 2011

The the time of my stay at this hotel I was a Best Western employee, I made a reservation at this hotel when my partner was flying into Portland from out of state. Little did I know that they think that other Best Western employees are in a lower class than the rest of the population.

Due to flight changes, she arrived 2 1/2 hours early and I was still at work two hours away. I called the hotel to ask for a credit card authorization form to be faxed to me so that they could at least pick her up from the airport and get her into the room while I was making my drive to Portland. I was informed that the shuttle would not pick her up without charging me another $20 simply because I had an 'employee rate'. Since they had me in a position where I could not say no, I had to agree to paying the extra charge (that brought the rate close to what I could have gotten without my discount). The person I was on the phone with was very rude about faxing the credit card authorization to me even though I assured them that I would be there 2 hours after I faxed it and would have my credit card in hand for them then.

They put us in a very large, practically empty room that did not feel comfortable at all. I was called from my room twice by people on different shifts wanting me to provide them with my credit card and employee letter even though I had, of course, provided them when I checked in.

I have been in the hospitality business for 15 years and have never been treated so poorly as I was at this hotel, nor would I treat or allow any of my fellow employees treat a guest in this way.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seth D
BWMeadows, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Hello Thatguy2009,

We are very grateful to you for taking the time to review us regarding your recent experience at our hotel. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding the shuttle policy. In order to receive shuttle service your reservation has to have a qualifying rate and unfortunately the employee rate does not meet the qualifications. Currently the reservation needs to be booked at a minimum of $69 to receive complimentary shuttle. As customer service is what we strive to excel in, I would like to apologize for any poor service our staff provided and we hope to have corrected this issue for our future guests.

I would definitely like to encourage you to visit us again, as it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again. If there is anything we can do to make your next visit even better please do not hesitate to let us know.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Best Wishes,
Cindy Jara
1215 N Hayden Meadows Drive, Portland, OR
97217 (p) 503.286-9600 (f) 503.286-8020

Reviewed 1 January 2011

Made a Last Minute Online Reservation; then called to make sure that our room would be there for us if we arrived quite late. they assured us it would be & cheerfully greeted us when we arrived quite late (2 a.m.); our room was sparkly clean, cozy & comfy. we will return. good value, good beds, nearby Elmers for lunch. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
BWMeadows, Front Desk Agent at Best Western Inn At The Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2011

Hi Lauriepilot,

On behalf of Best Western Inn at the Meadows and its entire staff, we would like to thank you for your stay. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our front desk staff was friendly and accomodating. We pride ourselves in making all of our guests feel at home when staying here. If there is anything we can do for you to make your next visit more pleasurable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thanks Again!