“Great little spot with food treasures!”

Industrial Cafe and Saloon
Ranked #654 of 4,587 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Neighbourhood: Northwest District
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Headed to IC&S for lunch and was pleasantly surprised by their varied menu. Burger was delicious, roast beef sandwich was delicious, grilled ham and cheese was delicious and the chipped beef on toast was the best ever! Comes with a side of potatoes which made a complete meal. Reasonably priced for the large portions. Can't wait to return!

2  Thank maruruss99

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Tap beer selection was very limited and generally unimaginative for Portland. Maybe they are a newer place and can't get some of the better beers...or not large enough to sell them. Food was just OK, nothing at all like I expected after watching Diners Drive Ins and Dives episode which is why I wanted to visit. Waitress was very attentive to our needs while we ordered a couple of snack items waiting for our 4th party to arrive. We finally decided to order but she must have gone on break. We ordered from another waitress who did not write anything down.....bad mistake. A hamburger that was order WITHOUT MAYO was slathered in mayo; I told my son to return it but he didn't want to make a scene. Maybe I was the same as the eggs for my pastrami hash weren't cooked as ordered; one was over & medium, but the other clearly had it's yolk broken and was cooked solid. I hate to think what instruction were ignored for our party who can eat no dairy products. An interesting visit but won't go back as Portland has many better breakfast/brunch/lunch spots.

1  Thank pamelaEgCa
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I just had one of the most expensive really bad brunches of my life here! This place was so overhyped, expensive, poor service and not very good. I had the chipped beef, a fave comfort food growing up, and was shocked how bad theirs was. The plate first arrived cold, and i had to ask to have it heated. No apologies from the server, she just took it back and arrived mins later with a plate of luke warm chipped beef. The flavor was off, can't explain how, just not right and the portion was rediculously small for $13. Do not go here!
with a small amt of beef and sauce). My spouces

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Came to Portland for business and selected this restaurant because of a popular TV show -

I had the Hash - very flavorful, crisp - at first I thought, geez they could put more on the plate - but by the time I was finished, I couldn't eat another bite - it was just right.

Friend had the Chipped Beef - now I was raised in a Navy family, I know what SOS is - and I have eaten my share - - well this IS NOT SOS - - it is actual sliced beef in a rich cream gravy over a bed of sourdough toast. I have no idea how they make the gravy, but it was by far the tastiest gravy I have ever had - different flavor - not a heavy cream taste, but very creamy. I don't the what the flavor was - unique - and fabulous.

Staff were great, had other waitresses hear us discussing menu and chime in with "oh that is great" and another came by and mentioned "that is my favorite" - -

truly deserve "My Compliments to the Chef"

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We arrived there later on a Saturday afternoon. The place is well named, as the name describes the decor perfectly. The place was full leaving nowhere for us 3 adults and 1 three year old, to wait except squeezed in a corner between tables. I felt bad for those trying to eat. We waited for at least 20 min, and were delighted when we were finally seated. Our server was quick, bringing our drinks immediately. We went knowing what we wanted to try, had planned on trying 3 to 4 menu items and dessert. Then she asked for our order.... It was then, some 30 min into our visit, we were informed that the top items on the menu were gone. No, hash, chipped beef, meatloaf, etc. Leaving us a selection of burgers and sandwiches. I then asked if they had a children's menu. "No." "Can we order a half meal?". "No." "Not even of the mac & cheese?". "No, the cheese is measured in full orders." (???) We ordered what we could, 3yr old ate off our plates. We were no longer interested in dessert. We ate, it was ok. I asked for a refill of ice tea...They were out..... Really???? All said and done, my rating is reflective of the potential I believe this establishment has. I will try it again, in hopes of finding another great spot to frequent in the NW. Review expecting to be more positive in the future.