“great pool access in industrial part of town”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
“great pool access in industrial part of town”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This La Quinta Inn has good service and a very extensive breakfast. The location is not in an exciting part of town. We stayed here because it was close to relatives. An outdoor pool would be nice, but the indoor pool allowed us to use it 24 hours a day! Bonus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
york, pa
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We love the La Quinta franchise and have had wonderful stays at their hotels. This one was decent, but not great. Quiet hotel, decent bedding. Bath was dated, would have liked the shower if the shower head had been a few inches higher. But the towels were new and fairly thick. Breakfast was lacking. Surprised they didn't offer plain oatmeal, a standard most places.
Be aware this place is located in an industrial area. Few restaurants or anything else close by.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

You guys are one if the worst LA Quinta's I ever dealt with!!! I had reservations a month prior to my supposedly arrival date because my son had medical testings the next day at Dornbechers... You gave my room away and then turned around And paid for me to go to a down graded hotel motel 6... If ur going to pay for a different hotel at least pay for one with the amenities... Motel 6 is Not the same... I will never stay at this location again!!!

Stayed July 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We enjoyed our comfortable room (and bed) in a quiet area. It's only a 10 - 15 minute ride to the central city. Breakfast had plenty of choices. The pool was a popular spot. A combined Subway/Deli is located across the parking lot.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor (which is actually the main floor) and loved the location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Large dirty hand print left on the shower wall. Bottoms of my socks turned black from walking on the carpet in my room. Alarm clock in the room was unreliable. On the plus side, my room had a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast we pretty standard - nothing special. Location is away from major interstates so you can avoid some traffic if traveling to downtown Portland.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 16 July 2014

They put us on the "First Floor" which turned out to be the basement. The floor was so wet you could not take off your shoes. The bathroom had black mold and the entire room smelled like mildew. The air conditioning was old and very loud. The staff said that you have to request a room type on a different floor when you reserve. How was I supposed to know that when Reservations did not give me the option? If I knew I would be placed in the basement, I would have put in a request. The pool has algae on the steps. It needs to be resurfaced and you step on pebbles (pieces of the pool) on the bottom. They put so many chemicals in the pool my son received a chemical burn. If you have no other option, make sure to request the third floor. The only good thing I can say is that the location was convenient for us; close to downtown and to the out the road family we wanted to see.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family