“Awesome location, friendly staff, great breakfast and value!”

Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #102 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Clarkston, Washington
“Awesome location, friendly staff, great breakfast and value!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

This Hotel was one of the cheapest for the area-so I was pretty nervous about it. It's nothing fancy and lavish, but the room was clean, the staff were awesome and the bed was soft. It's a five minute walk to the RoseGarden Event Center. Two minute walk to Starbucks, and thirty seconds from Red Robin(yum) the free breakfast had waffles, donuts, fresh fruit, juice-and much more! It was well stocked. The pool was average, but indoors so it's always open. I felt like my car was safe. I'd stay here again before paying twice as much for one of the other Hotels close by.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Courtney G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

The bed was so soft that it gave me a backache. The room had stale air. The Internet is not "free" if you need to watch an ad every time you log on, especially if it keeps hanging every time you try to watch the ad.

The underground garage did not feel safe, with people rifling through the garbage repeatedly and a likely drug dealer taking off when we entered the lot one afternoon.

I was not happy with my stay at all.

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tiffany V

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

It is to the Portland Quality inn..the bed was saggy and bumpy. The swimming pool was like revenge for never cleaning my gold fish bowl when I was a kid..it was alge coloured and smelled off. The free wifi was a manor of speaking. It was only free after you are forced to watch an advertising video..that is not free..but the insulting thing is that the wifi is so slow that the ad would hang so you could not get on. If you do get on it will kick you off every few minutes..and it is also extremely slow.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I noted a wide range of reviews before I booked in here (alone, for context) so I was somewhat nervous, but my room smelled absolutely fine, it was extremely roomy, the bathroom was brand new and clean, I had a microwave and kettle available to use and a flatscreen television fully equipped with lots of channels. It was fairly well located, just a brief walk across the river on the bridge or a bus ride to the city centre. I stayed here two nights and had to leave at 2am to get to the airport for my next flight, so the concierge booked my cab for me, which I appreciated. I had a really nice experience here!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Washington State
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We liked the comfortable beds, some of the best we have found in a budget hotel. Our room on the second floor smelled just fine and was clean. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection. We were able to find parking each time we came back to our room. Movie theater and mall very close by and Red Robin right across the street. No problems with management or check in. The walls are thin though and other guests can be quite noisy. Turn on the fan to drown out the noise and you will be fine. You are downtown so there are a lot of homeless people, quite common in Portland. No one troubled us though. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Our room had a funky smell. Room was just the standard kind of room you'd expect. Big enough, comfortable enough.. Just stinky!!! I don't know how safe the area is (doesn't seem safe) and their parking lot doesn't feel all that safe/secure. We never had a problem but were nervous leaving our car parked overnight. Pretty close to the city though so that was good. Breakfast was pretty non eventful, nothing to write home about.. Front desk staff were nice enough, even if they were just a couple of 20 something year olds. Probably wouldn't recommend this hotel or stay here again, just because I'm sure there are nicer places. And again, the funky smell!

• Stayed April 2013