“Wonderful Stay Great Location for Convention Center”

Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #103 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending my commencement ceremony for Marylhurst University. I would stay at this hotel again. I felt very comfortable and safe even in the parking lot. We were using our physical therapy hoola hoops in the parking garage at around 10pm and saw no riff raff or anything unusual while down there. The parking area was very well lighted and clean. All entrances are locked at all times and you need your pass key to get in which made me feel even safer.
Although the property is older and not modern, it is very clean. I am the on site property manager for a hotel so believe me, I did do a "white glove" inspection. I did not find anything dusty or dirty anywhere. All the linens were clean and fresh. The rooms were well appointed. Also, the beds and pillows were very comfortable.
Even though I was in an ground level room, that faced the street I was not disturbed by noise at all. Very quiet.
The staff was very helpful and frienly. The free breakfast was very nice. It was served in a very clean event room. There were many options to choose from: waffles (blueberry or regular), cereals (hot or cold), muffins, donuts, biscuits and gravy, even hard boiled eggs. I am sure there was more including juices, teas, and coffees.
Did I mention the swimming pool and how wonderful that felt to jump into after a 2 hour drive in 85 degree weather?
Plus I just paid a minimal amount to leave my car in their garage where it was safe while I walked a short block to the convention center and attended my graduation ceremonies. Walked back safe and sound no problems.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank artbycheri
manager431, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you and I am glad you had a wonderful stay with us. We are constantly trying to make sure every guest at our property is satisfied with our service and our product. I will share your positive comments with our staff and I am sure they will be happy to read your comments. It is great to hear guest feedback when we meet the guest expectations.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

This Hotel was one of the cheapest for the area-so I was pretty nervous about it. It's nothing fancy and lavish, but the room was clean, the staff were awesome and the bed was soft. It's a five minute walk to the RoseGarden Event Center. Two minute walk to Starbucks, and thirty seconds from Red Robin(yum) the free breakfast had waffles, donuts, fresh fruit, juice-and much more! It was well stocked. The pool was average, but indoors so it's always open. I felt like my car was safe. I'd stay here again before paying twice as much for one of the other Hotels close by.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Courtney G
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Portland
Reviewed 24 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The bed was so soft that it gave me a backache. The room had stale air. The Internet is not "free" if you need to watch an ad every time you log on, especially if it keeps hanging every time you try to watch the ad.

The underground garage did not feel safe, with people rifling through the garbage repeatedly and a likely drug dealer taking off when we entered the lot one afternoon.

I was not happy with my stay at all.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Tiffany V
Reviewed 19 May 2013

It is to the Portland Quality inn..the bed was saggy and bumpy. The swimming pool was like revenge for never cleaning my gold fish bowl when I was a kid..it was alge coloured and smelled off. The free wifi was a manor of speaking. It was only free after you are forced to watch an advertising video..that is not free..but the insulting thing is that the wifi is so slow that the ad would hang so you could not get on. If you do get on it will kick you off every few minutes..and it is also extremely slow.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I noted a wide range of reviews before I booked in here (alone, for context) so I was somewhat nervous, but my room smelled absolutely fine, it was extremely roomy, the bathroom was brand new and clean, I had a microwave and kettle available to use and a flatscreen television fully equipped with lots of channels. It was fairly well located, just a brief walk across the river on the bridge or a bus ride to the city centre. I stayed here two nights and had to leave at 2am to get to the airport for my next flight, so the concierge booked my cab for me, which I appreciated. I had a really nice experience here!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We liked the comfortable beds, some of the best we have found in a budget hotel. Our room on the second floor smelled just fine and was clean. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection. We were able to find parking each time we came back to our room. Movie theater and mall very close by and Red Robin right across the street. No problems with management or check in. The walls are thin though and other guests can be quite noisy. Turn on the fan to drown out the noise and you will be fine. You are downtown so there are a lot of homeless people, quite common in Portland. No one troubled us though. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family