“great for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge at Port of Portland

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge at Port of Portland
Ranked #95 of 138 Hotels in Portland
San Diego
“great for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I was in town for some family business, the trip got extended, and I needed some alone time so checked into this hotel. It was fine - great price, decent room, and good location - easy to drive to, and right across the street from the MAX light rail system - I had business downtown so that was a plus. The continental breakfast was pretty bare-bones but the room rate was so low I didn't care.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Basiluzzo
EconoLodgePDX, Manager at Econo Lodge at Port of Portland, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Basiluzzo

Thank you so much for your comments. I am glad you were happy about the price, room condition and location. We work hard to ensure that our guests are nothing but comfortable during their stay. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be ideal for your trip to Portland! I am so sorry that you found our breakfast ‘pretty bare-bones’. We have made great efforts to provide more than the franchise requirements for continental breakfast at our economy hotel. We have 5 more items than the required however if you’d rather opt for a hot breakfast, we do recommend Elmer’s restaurant within walking distance from us.
We hope to have the opportunity to service you again very soon!
Warm wishes,
Cindy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The room was $60 a night and it had a fridge and microwave a big plus for me. Not to mention continental breakfast. 5 minutes away from the airport. It's not fancy but you can't beat the price especially if you check out the other hotels in that price range.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Chisox312

What can we say, this is a brilliant review - thank you! Your words and gracious mentions are well appreciated. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the price you paid. All of our rooms have microwaves and refrigerators and our continental breakfast goes well above the franchise standards for our economy hotel. I hope you had a chance to try out our indoor spa and sauna in our lobby. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you in the future!

Cindy
RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here 1 night after a cross country flight. i didn't expect much since the price was so reasonable. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and spacious the rooms were. Robin at the front desk was extra helpful, printing us out directions to brewpubs and even bringing us extra warm towels at 10:00 at night!!!!! Standard free breakfast, safe area with free parking. Hot tub to ease away the aches from flying. A good inexpensive place on the metro from the airport and into Portland, easy access if driving.

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd floor ends were quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susan10RI
Ronan, Montana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

My second stay at this hotel. The price beat my other option by $60. I had to travel a bit more to get to the Rose Garden, but the access to I-84 is good. I enjoyed the chat with Cindy at the desk. The room was clean and comfy. The exterior is rough and needs attention. Someone was painting the doors, so that's good.
Easy to get on the wifi. You might want to bring some protein for breakfast, mostly starch. But, overall, liked the room, forgave the occasional shabbiness, and thanked the Lord for an inexpensive place to stay, on a busy weekend! Tip of the day if you are a bit country like me, buy some sort of a GPS. Happy trails!

Room Tip: I stayed in 305, which was far enough away from the elevator that I didn't hear it, but close en...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig W
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here after a very busy day in Portland Or. It was like heaven for us. First off the Lady who helped me find a room was very nice and knew ways to help you experience Portland. She was very willing to help us with anything and made me feel more safe with her reassurance of things. We had the Jacuzzi room, the whole room was pleasant to stay in. Comfortable cool (in July this was great) and clean. I liked all the channels they offered and the fridge and microwave was nice to have. The only issue we had was the bathroom door wouldn't stay open and had to be propped by the trash can, and the Pizza we ordered from Pizza hut took forever. I appreciated them allowing us to have the Jacuzzi room for a little lesser amount than originally since all the rooms where filled and we just really needed a place to stay that would take cash too. Whats the deal with card only stuff at other places dumb! Overall I would rate this Econo Lodge one of the best places to stay. For price and quality.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite was nice not sure about other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca D
Arcata, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

The good: This room is cheaper than other rooms. The room was clean. Mattress clean. Nice exterminator man performing preventive (?) maintenance. Ethernet connection (I brought my wire); they also have wireless, speed was fine. They have a jacuzzi and sauna, although I wasn't here for pleasure and didn't try them. Very easy to find, right off the highway.

The bad: Saliva in the toilet. I want it to be clean if I put my butt on it. The decor is pretty strange...and really beat up, with scratches and dents on most furniture. A couple of ants, and little flies. No idea if they're temporary or recurring. The whole building looks shabby. Questionable neighbourhood. Worn out top blanket on bed (not really a comforter). The room requires some ventilation (smells a bit unusual and stuffy), and could use more light than my window behind a staircase provided.

The ugly: Being ignored at the front desk in favour of reading texts. The inn requires a $20 deposit to use a debit card for a room. You would think a credit card, but no, debit. I forgot my $20, and receieved a verbal address of my bank's nearest branch. I got lost. I decided to leave my window open that night to help ventilation. Then, at 2AM, other guests burst out of their room to talk and smoke cigarettes. Their words and effluent then drifted through my open window. Then in the morning, someone bursts out of their room to shout (perhaps facetiously?) "Someone call the cops!" before slamming the door shut again. I get the impression the main business at this inn is sex. When I checked out, I commented to the manager about the "difficulty of micromanaging guests." This was her permission to launch into a diatribe on the owner of the inn, her personal finances, her health, automobile repairs, various cars she owned, and so on. I vainly searched for a swift, compassionate exit to the monologue, wondering if I was going to be late for my appointment because of this woman.

This is the first inn room I've ever been in that doesn't have a Gideon's bible in it. I am wondering what this could mean.

I am probably being a bit critical on this old, discount urban inn, but at the end of the visit I was weirded out and tired, not happy and refreshed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank HunterHutchins
EconoLodgePDX, Manager at Econo Lodge at Port of Portland, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear HunterHutchins,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel.

I am delighted that you found your room clean, our prices affordable, and the mattress to your liking. Many guests enjoy our firm and comfortable mattresses that provide great back support.

As do many hotels, we utilize a pest control company for Preventative Maintenance as we do for carpet shampooing, landscaping, painting, etc. to maintain the building. As a matter of fact, our hotel is currently being re-painted and should be complete by summer's end.

Regarding the noise you experienced , please note that the hotel has a 24-hour front desk staff who would be more than happy to promptly address any concerns at anytime.

I want to apologize for the staff who rambled on and caused you to be late for your appointment. I have personally addressed this type of unacceptable behavior which will not occur in the future.

We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thanks again.
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed at this Econo Lodge for 3 nights, because it was close to the Parkrose/Sumner red line Max station, and the price was good. The staff was nice and helpful, and the rooms were updated and pretty clean. The microwave and mini fridge were very convenient. We chose a non smoking room, but there were cigarette burns in the bathtub and bedsheets. When we arrived at the motel, a fight was going on in the parking lot. Our main complaint about this motel was the amount of noise at night. People in the room next door took showers at all hours of the night, which woke us up. From 5-7 am, a woman kept us awake pacing back and fourth in front of our room talking on a cell phone. It was obvious that she was intoxicated. The next night a taxi arrived at 4:30 am & waited until 4:45 while a man went to the room next door, pounded on the door, talked loudly for 15 minutes, and then got back in the taxi. The people in the room next to us appeared to be long term residents at the motel. We would not stay here again, but hope that improvements are made for future guests.

Room Tip: Chose a room closest to the office, on the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Trailcruising3
Dear PurplePansies

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I do appreciate you recognizing our clean rooms and friendly staff, as we do take pride in comfort & customer service.

I'm glad that you brought up the bathtub as we very recently had our bathtubs updated.

Regarding the noise that you experienced, please note that the hotel has a 24-hour front desk staff who would be more than happy to promptly address your concerns by pressing "0" from your room. We are here to ensure you have a quiet and comfortable stay so do not hesitate to contact us for any reason at anytime.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with information to improve. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels