All reviews hot tub room was clean max red line wifi signal convenient location public transportation housekeeping staff rooms are large portland airport parkrose sauna tubs dresser trimet furnishings
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This is a fairly priced and reasonable accommodation option for visitors to Portland, with or without a vehicle. Rooms are large and clean. Is the area the best? No. Is it safe? Yes. There is a hot tub and free coffee, unlike most places at a similar price point. Parking is free, too, and the airport is close by. Staff seemed friendly enough, too. The only negative is the train whistles during the night. Nevertheless, we would absolutely go back, again. Our budget is better spent on Portand's amazing food and cultural activities.

Room Tip: 2nd floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kat J
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Very near to airport and on the edge of scenic route down south. Nice rooms with little breakfast options. Overall pretty good deal for the price you are paying for. We stayed overnight at this place and got room in 3rd floor. The building is equipped with elevator so never felt tired.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rakesh K
Reviewed 10 October 2017

When I walked into my room it hadn't been cleaned nor had the bed been made (picture attached). I called the front desk and he said he could give me sheets to make the bed or he could make it for me. Considering how long check-in was and that I didn't book a hotel room to clean it and make the bed myself I asked for another room. There was no apology or offer of a reduced rate or compensation.

The property was in complete disarray with garbage everywhere - on the floor in the elevator and garbage bags sitting outside hotel room doors.

The new room I checked into had hair in the bathroom garbage, instead of mopping the floor it looked like it was grabbed by tissue and thrown in the garbage. The shower was dirty with a bunch of mold on the shower curtain; I didn't even dare take a shower.

I'm all for a place to stay to get a good night's sleep but won't sacrifice cleanliness to do so. I can't believe I paid $100/night on a Thursday for this horrid place.

Room Tip: Stay away, stay very far away!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank pajebyenight
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend and as returning guests, I have never been more unsatisfied with a business. Let me explain..

When we first arrived at the hotel, as we were were parking the first thing we witness is an EMPLOYEE getting into a customers face screaming curse words and telling him to fight her. In my head all I could think is WTF. When we get into the lobby, instead of being greeted properly the receptionist tells us she will be a few moments and then goes on to tell us all the drama going on with the guest from the parking lot. Making comments like how she thought this guest has mental issues because he had apparently been hitting on her employees and called her fat because she didn't stand when she helped him. She then proceeded to make what I felt is a private phone call to his father, complaining about his behavior and the he must pick him up because he was no longer welcome.

When we finally were able to start our check in process, she goes on tangents about her personal problems and mentioned that some rooms had wet carpets because for the first time in a long while they finally got them cleaned. Disgusting. We spent probably a good 15-20 minutes getting our room key.

Once in our room, we took note of how gross it actually was. Definitely not worth the $250 we just spent to stay there. There was someones old food in the fridge, hair in the shower, the SAME hair on our "clean" towels, and pubes on the toilet seat. We did our best to try and have a sympathetic attitude about the room because we still wanted to have a good vacation. However the next day when we returned to our room after spending the majority of the day out in town, we find our room had not been serviced one bit. For us this was the last straw, we felt that for what we paid we could have stayed somewhere a lot nicer.

When confronting the receptionist (same as day before) she was rude and unhelpful. She again went on about her personal health problems that were irrelevant to our issue, complained about her staff, and would not give us enough information to find a solution. When we asked for the name of the manager or a number, all she would say is to call their 1-800 number. It took me asking at least 5 times for phone number before she actually said the number out loud.

A couple days later we did get a partial refund for checking out early, however the entire experience of this stay was just terrible. I don't know what exactly changed with the management/employees but it was nothing like our last experience here. I know for a fact we will never stay here again. I suggest to those considering this hotel to not waste your time or money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Erin C
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I was a little concern about other reviews so I asked to be in the top floor. Hotel is older and offers just basic accomodation and since we were mostly out and returned to hotel just to sleep. We did not encounter any issues. Location was the best part as we just cross the street and took the train that took us to all the main highlights of Portland. The continental breakfast is very basic. Overall, it was a good price for low budget family and the location an accesiblilty to public transportation is what we were looking for. We arrived and departed to the airport using the train and it was so easy.

Room Tip: Stay top floor away from the noise if any.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family