“Nice updated lobby - Excellent service from Trina”

Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
Ranked #51 of 140 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice updated lobby - Excellent service from Trina”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel has invested in the lobby and room update makes this hotel an easy choice for my next visit. Trina in the bar make this an exceptional place to visit; I felt like an immediate local. I was able to relax and blast though the emails and still have an easy conversation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 10 May 2014
We are very pleased that the Holiday Inn Portland Airport has become a perfect, comfortable choice for you when staying in Portland.
We appreciate the gracious comments of one of our staff and will pass them along.

We look forward to your next stay in Portland.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice lobby and layout and bfast was good, including restaurant staff.. But everything else:( not very happy. Reserved 2 rooms with bfast but paid for it; carpets in the hallway needs to go, smelly; pool water could've been warmer.

• Stayed April 2014
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 23 April 2014
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport thanks you for writing a review. We certainly apologize that the pool wasn't quite warm enough and that you detected an odor in the hallways.
We value the feedback and will look into both comments. Please be sure to inform us in person so we can make more immediate remedies to ensure you have a more comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We will share the compliments about breakfast and are very glad that you enjoyed the renovated areas. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn. We look forward to your next stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I was pleased with everything about my week long stay. I had a junior size room with a single queen.

Front desk, housekeeping and other staff never missed any detail to attention. Any staff I encountered in the hall, on the elevator or in the lobby greeted me pleasantly. The evening bartender (I cannot remember her name) is so awesome at her job and was a shining, fun light during my stay!!

I will make a point to try and stay here on future visits, as I am in Portlandia every month!! See y'all soon!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are exceptionally pleased that your extended stay was so pleasant, comfortable and inviting. We value the opportunity to create lasting relationships. Please be sure to join our Rewards program if you are not already a member.
We will be certain to share the positive feedback with the staff as well.
Thank you, we look forward to your return.
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you haven't been here in the past year you need to come back. Major remodel has it all spiffed up and modernized including the check in area, the rooms, and the bar/restaurant. With Trina behind the bar, you'll have a great experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We are very delighted that you like the completed renovation. We also agree that the Holiday Inn Portland Airport is a very different hotel than a year ago.
Thank you for sharing with your fellow travelers; we really appreciate it.
We also appreciate the positive comment of terrific service.
We look forward to your next stay.
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The lobby area is beautiful. Front desk agent was nice. First room on sixth floor smelled of mold right when you open the door. Second room was ok...until the train started going by every 15 minutes starting at about 10 pm. We had a tournament in the morning . I called down and talked to Isaac. He apologized , sent up breakfast coupons and a gift card. He really went above and beyond for us. He was the best part of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a train in it.!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 11 May 2014
We apologize that you did not have a restful stay. We welcome you back to have a better experience in a quieter location in the hotel. The hotel has much to offer like an expanded exercise room, indoor saline pool, complimentary shuttle service to the airport, in room or on property dining options and so much more. We also make every attempt to honor requests, so if a lighter sleeper please feel free to request a quieter room.
Thank you for having stayed, and we do hope to see you again.
San Francisco
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was fairly pleased with this place for a one night stay on a weekend trip. Sure, it's out of the way near the airport, but the hotel shuttle picked me up within 10 minutes after calling them when I arrived at Cascade station.

The interior/lobby area is pretty nice. As a platinum, I received access to the lounge where they had sodas and cookies. Most lounges close on the weekend, so I was pleasantly surprised by that. I also received an upgrade to a junior suite. The room was fairly nice and well-kept, even if it was a little dated.

Breakfast was decent and service was good throughout. Even though it's far from downtown, given the value here, I wouldn't mind staying here again on a short stay, and I would certainly do so if I had an overnight layover.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 15 April 2014
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport appreciates when someone takes the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback, as much as we value you communication to the traveling community.
We are pleased we earned high marks and appreciate the comments about service and cleanliness.
As a Platinum Rewards member, you are familiar with the Brand and our standards. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The carpet in the halls need to be refreshed. But, other than that, it was a nice stay.

The rooms are big and comfortable. The work stations are nice and the Internet was fast and easy to use. I ordered room service and I ate at their restaurant and the food was very good. The brownie with ice cream was yummy.

They have a shuttle service that drops you off and picks you up from the airport. It was fast and efficient. Check in was easy and quick.

I would definitely stay here on another visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.
We appreciate you found the room and the in-room work area spacious and that the WiFi connection was quick. We also are pleased that both the restaurant and the in-room dining experiences were very good.
We understand the needs of our business travelers and hope you were also able to take advantage of the exercise facility and in-door pool.
We look forward to your next stay.