“Great modern hotel close to the airport”

Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
Ranked #54 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is beautifully decorated and modern. Very close to the airport and has a free shuttle to the airport. They have a medium sized indoor pool but no jacuzzi which would have made it better.
They have a exercise room, a restaurant and a coffee bar. A very nice place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

As a senior reviewer and seasoned traveler, we are grateful for your review of the Holiday Inn Portland Airport. We appreciate the four star posting and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn brand.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently I had to make a 2 day trip to Portland and stayed at this hotel. Having never been to anywhere around this area I assumed being close to the Airport would mean lots of amenities close by. Boy was I wrong. There is nothing around there, if you are not familiar with the area. I returned my rental car the night before because I had a 6 am departure and spent over 45 minutes looking for a gas station, even with a GPS. Anyway, the hotel itself is decent. Room service was reasonably priced ($19 for a medium pizza, which was actually not bad). The service at the front desk was good although when I arrived at 4am to check out, they were only just getting bills ready and had to sift through a large pile. The shuttle to the airport only takes 10 minutes so it is not so bad.

Room Tip: Take a room on the higher floor to minimize the sounds of people above you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are grateful for your review. Our location is close enough to the airport to offer typically a five minute shuttle ride, but also just far enough to offer the benefit of not under noisy flight paths. Our complimentary shuttle service also will take our guests to the local Cascade Station mall and light rail system.
We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of the in-room dining option and found the quality and price a good value.
We apologize that GPS was not of great assistance locating a gas station. Please call the hotel directly and we can offer directions. The nearest gas station is just one mile from our location.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport and we hope to be your host again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Busy hotel. No hot tub in pool area. Lots of housekeeping staff using regular elevators on first and third floors. Hotel was quiet, friendly front desk staff. Would stay again. Booked it off priceline for 66$ night king room. Workout room with Acela treadmills and elliptical machines. Did not eat at restaurant ordered out for pizza

Stayed: June 2014
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.
We are glad that you enjoyed the exercise area and hope you were able to enjoy the indoor saline pool. We are a short light rail ride from the downtown Portland expereince without the downtown price, or from the Airport, making our Park and Fly program a great option too.
We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This property has a friendly staff and are very convenient shuttle to PDX which is why we stay there occasionally. My last stay, however was pretty bad. I woke in the night because something was crawling on my feet....fleas. I was leaving the next day for a vacation in a warm climate and I had 26 flea bites on one foot alone. I usually leave pre dawn, but on this trip I had a later flight so I checked out the breakfast buffet and found it to be clean and nicely displayed but really bad. The omelet was in edible, the bread and muffins were stale and the waffle maker was broken. I settled for coffee which was fine. This hotel needs to clean up its act.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We are grateful for your review. We take the comfort and enjoyment of our guests very seriously so when we hear of these situations we react immediately. I have reached out directly to learn the room number to correct this.
The comments regarding the breakfast buffet are very helpful thank you. We do not put a waffle iron out on the buffet so guests do not burn themselves so we offer French Toast instead. We appreciate the comments so we may continue to improve.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel has been remodeled and has really improved. My favorite part is the breakfast and server named Wanda. She is really friendly and provides excellent service. She started my day off just right. Thanks Wanda!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport has undergone a lot of improvement. We are glad that it shows and are very proud to have Wanda on our team. She, and so many others, in the public view as well as behind the scenes, make all the difference.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great property, friendly staff. Room was ready early, clean. Very comfortable bed. Lovely pool, great workout area with new equipment. Bar is clean and attractive. Staff could not do enough to accommodate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank StuKaplan
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport is very pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and provided you all the elements of a wonderful stay.
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Heard a train go by at 3:00 AM. Agree there is kind of a smell in the hallway that I have found in other hotels. This is not a new building. Heard by the driver it was fixed up recently. Nothing to walk to close by. Heard the van will take you to Cascade Station which offers good shopping and dining. Friendly staff here is a plus. Probably better places to stay, but for the price you get, likely a pretty good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport appreciates your review, especially in that, as a senior reviewer you take the time to note the benefits and complimentary services even if you yourself did not partake. Our shuttle will bring you to Cascade Station mall, because our location is an airport property outside the typical flight paths of the airport. We also have an indoor pool, exercise room, in-room dining and full service restaurant and bar on site. Please consider our over-sized parking lot and convenient, complimentary shuttle service for your Park and Fly needs.
Thank you. We hope to host your next stay in Portland.