“Hurray for Wanda” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
Ranked #54 of 138 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Hurray for Wanda”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My last visit at the holiday inn portland airport was a good one. The staff is incredibly friendly and very helpful. The front desk was happy to help me contact the rest of my party when our flight was delayed. They even set up a new shuttle time for us. I had breakfast and Wanda was making me laugh. We had an instant connection for our love of homemade jams. She was very sweet and attentive. I changed my order to to go and she made up a great plate for me and anticipated everything I might need. As someone who has worked in customer service for almost 15 years, I was impressed.

Room Tip: The rooms are a bit musty but the service makes up for it.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We are very gracious to read your review. It sounds as though there were a number of instances where the details of your trip could have been a big frustration but many of the great employees of the hotel helped make things better.
We will be glad to share your review throughout the hotel so the Front Desk, Bell, Kitchen and Restaurant employees receive the proper recognition.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
And, thank you for signing up at TripAdvisor to write your first review, that says a lot.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our group was bumped off the shuttle both inbound and outbound for airline crews. Clearly the hotel caters to that crowd first and foremost.

No reservation for me when I arrived though the other 8 in my party had theirs. Discomforting wait to resolve situation.

Trina in the small bar is an excellent employee.

Carpets in hallways need work

Train noise on one side of hotel is CRAZY loud in middle of the night

Room Tip: Ask for room away from train side of hotel!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JSD47630
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport extends and apology. We are sorry that your arrival and check-in experiences were not as they should be. It is our standard to offer an extra shuttle service van for arriving airline crews to prevent exactly that experience. We try to balance to ensure both parties enjoy timely service.

We are delighted that you had a good experience in our dining outlets and are very fortunate to have many great employees working here.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is right next to the freight train tracks and a busy road. To complement the constant train and traffic noise, it has old, crappy windows which provide zero sound insulation. I wouldn't stay in this place again if they pay me for that.

3 Thank Jake m
We apologize that you were not able to get a restful night sleep. We gladly make every attempt to honor requests and will also gladly change rooms, as available, if the accommodations are not well suited to your needs. Please help us make your experience better and note any requests when making a reservation or at check-in, or even after you've gotten to the room.
Thank you for helping share this important information to the traveling community.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is beautifully decorated and modern. Very close to the airport and has a free shuttle to the airport. They have a medium sized indoor pool but no jacuzzi which would have made it better.
They have a exercise room, a restaurant and a coffee bar. A very nice place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
As a senior reviewer and seasoned traveler, we are grateful for your review of the Holiday Inn Portland Airport. We appreciate the four star posting and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn brand.
Novi, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently I had to make a 2 day trip to Portland and stayed at this hotel. Having never been to anywhere around this area I assumed being close to the Airport would mean lots of amenities close by. Boy was I wrong. There is nothing around there, if you are not familiar with the area. I returned my rental car the night before because I had a 6 am departure and spent over 45 minutes looking for a gas station, even with a GPS. Anyway, the hotel itself is decent. Room service was reasonably priced ($19 for a medium pizza, which was actually not bad). The service at the front desk was good although when I arrived at 4am to check out, they were only just getting bills ready and had to sift through a large pile. The shuttle to the airport only takes 10 minutes so it is not so bad.

Room Tip: Take a room on the higher floor to minimize the sounds of people above you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are grateful for your review. Our location is close enough to the airport to offer typically a five minute shuttle ride, but also just far enough to offer the benefit of not under noisy flight paths. Our complimentary shuttle service also will take our guests to the local Cascade Station mall and light rail system.
We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of the in-room dining option and found the quality and price a good value.
We apologize that GPS was not of great assistance locating a gas station. Please call the hotel directly and we can offer directions. The nearest gas station is just one mile from our location.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport and we hope to be your host again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Busy hotel. No hot tub in pool area. Lots of housekeeping staff using regular elevators on first and third floors. Hotel was quiet, friendly front desk staff. Would stay again. Booked it off priceline for 66$ night king room. Workout room with Acela treadmills and elliptical machines. Did not eat at restaurant ordered out for pizza

Stayed June 2014
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.
We are glad that you enjoyed the exercise area and hope you were able to enjoy the indoor saline pool. We are a short light rail ride from the downtown Portland expereince without the downtown price, or from the Airport, making our Park and Fly program a great option too.
We look forward to your next stay.
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This property has a friendly staff and are very convenient shuttle to PDX which is why we stay there occasionally. My last stay, however was pretty bad. I woke in the night because something was crawling on my feet....fleas. I was leaving the next day for a vacation in a warm climate and I had 26 flea bites on one foot alone. I usually leave pre dawn, but on this trip I had a later flight so I checked out the breakfast buffet and found it to be clean and nicely displayed but really bad. The omelet was in edible, the bread and muffins were stale and the waffle maker was broken. I settled for coffee which was fine. This hotel needs to clean up its act.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are grateful for your review. We take the comfort and enjoyment of our guests very seriously so when we hear of these situations we react immediately. I have reached out directly to learn the room number to correct this.
The comments regarding the breakfast buffet are very helpful thank you. We do not put a waffle iron out on the buffet so guests do not burn themselves so we offer French Toast instead. We appreciate the comments so we may continue to improve.