“Late night stay”

Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #77 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived at the airport after midnight and called the hotel to get a shuttle. Eric quickly arrived and was very friendly and informative on the way to the hotel. I actually saw him while I was getting tea in the lobby the next morning and you couldn't tell that he had been working all night! The desk staff was friendly. The room was very comfortable, a real bargain for the price. The property was very well kept. We had the breakfast package included with our room. Our omelets were not only big, but delicious! We've also stayed at the Red Lion in Seattle, and we are very impressed with both of our stays at this chain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you kindly for your review. I am pleased that we could make your stay here with us a comfortable one, and that all of my staff took excellent care of you. I will make sure to pass the great comment on to my staff.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'm not sure why there are some negative reviews about this hotel. It is very clean and comfortable. For the price and location it is a very good deal. We heard zero noise from the airport and not having an elevator was not a problem. It is only a 2 story building. Come on people - if you can't walk up one flight of stairs you might want to hit the gym a little more often.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you kindly for your positive review, I am very pleased to hear your stay here with us was comfortable and quiet and the stairs were no challenge for you. This warms are heart and we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my son and fiance two years ago and was pleased with the experience. The hotel was very nicely decorated and clean and the staff were wonderful. When I was able to book a room last week at the same hotel I was pleased and looked forward to the stay. Even my son, now 13, remembered staying there two years ago and was excited about being able to stay there again. However, we were all disappointed with the experience. The desk chair upholstery was ripped, the room was small, one of the arms on the arm chair was very loose, the shower had stains (mildew?) in some of the grout, there was no door or covering over the closet (although there was a door frame in place) and housekeeping did a minimal job. When we returned to the hotel after spending the day in Portland we found that the beds hadn't been made but rather the comforters had just been pulled up, not even all the way to cover the pillows. That made me wonder what else might have been skimped on.

I like that the hotel is close to the airport but I will think twice before making another reservation at this Red Lion.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura Z

I'm am very displeased to hear about your experience here at our Hotel. We take all guest reviews very seriously and I apologize our housekeeping dropped the ball and made your experience here any less than perfect.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were looking for a hotel near the airport to make our 6:30 a.m. flight as simple as possible. This hotel is near and has a free shuttle. The friendliness and cleanliness of the hotel was remarkable. The night we stayed here the hotel was entirely booked. I am saying this because we needed to go to bed early to get up early. It was extremely quiet and provided a wonderful night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

We are happy to hear we could accommodate you for your early flight needs and that even on a sold out night you had a restful nights sleep. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We use this hotel when we fly out of Portland. It is a great "park and fly". Used to be a Howard Johnson's and was in bad need of repair until Red Lion came in. The rooms are small, but the beds are really comfortable and the furnishings are beautiful. I've never had an issue with my car after leaving it for up to a month. They have a pool and work out room but we've never stayed long enough to use these. If you don't fly out too early they will include a breakfast at the attached restaurant with your stay.

Room Tip: It's just an over-nighter for us. All rooms we've had have been the same.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our very comfy beds and that we could meet your early flight needs. We hope next time you can stay long enough to enjoy the pool and our wonderful breakfast.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were here for just a night, so we can take our flight next day!! Service and rooms were excellent. Staff was very courteous and helped getting us in shuttle to/from airport. Am not sure about other -ve comments, but we got 1st floor and we didnt have to climb any stairs. There was a peculiar smell in the hallways but didnt mind that much. Restaurant was just ok. No crowd and not a great service though.

Room Tip: First floor with king bed (for couples)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you very much for the positive review on the hotel and staff. We are very pleased that your stay with us was comfortable and you enjoyed our very comfy beds. I am sorry to hear you did not have the same experience in the restaurant, we are undergoing a lot of changes and I apologize the service was anything but excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After thorough research, I decided to stay in this hotel prior to my international trip with my 5 month old malamute. The booked online with a 7 day parking fee which is very reasonable, adding $30 on top of my stay. This hotel allows well behaved pet with a fee of $17. I arrived earlier than check in time and the front desk gladly put me in the ground floor as I have requested. I was alone, one of the house crew helped me carry my heavy crate, without even asking. The room was very clean, smells good, bed is soft and comfortable. Wifi connection is quick, there's a free computer use. They let me park on a long term parking. I would say, the parking on this area is almost full. There's a pet area where my puppy walked and relieved. In the early morning, 5 am, I asked the front desk for an assistance as I could not carry an extra large crate for my 40 lb puppy. She sent the shuttle driver to pick it up from my room. My puppy rode in the shuttle, the driver gave her a dog treat. When I arrived at the airport, there was no skycab person to help me in even if I called for curbside assistance. The driver got a cart, put my puppy in the crate, lifted and tied the crate to the cart using my leash. he made sure I could bring in the crate and my suitcase. This guy went over and above his call of duty. On my return, a short call and the shuttle came to pick me up and brought me to my car. Overall, in my future trips, I would not stay in any other hotel in PDX other than Red Lion. Hands down, nothing can beat the price, the service, and will allow me to bring my pet.

Room Tip: When traveling with your pet, get the ground floor on the south.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

We are very pleased your stay with us was wonderful and that you took advantage of our low park n fly packages we have available. Here at Red Lion we love pets and we are happy that we could provide a place in which you can travel with your pet easily.