“Great place for business travel!”

Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #74 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
“Great place for business travel!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is very nice for the business traveler. Especially nice for the value, Comfortable and safe especially for the woman travelling alone.I was able to leave my car and it was very well taken care of. Great staff and good food. I'll be back!

Room Tip: If you want really quiet, ask for a room away from the pool if you're booking during the summer...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Portland
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here the night before our early morning flight. Room was comfortable and surprisingly quiet. Left our car here for 11 nights, excellent and prompt shuttle service to the terminal, only took 5 minutes. Great value for money!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Room was ok- clean and no issues. It is pretty close to airport, but we weren't bothered by the planes. Driving to hotel, traffic was kind of congested, so give yourself a little extra time to get around. Bring your own hair products.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kv52
Bisbee
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came through and they helped find some rooms that were probably reserved for walk-ups... was able to get lodging for the busy sold out 4th of July weekend, and the hotel staff did it with a smile. I made the band do a nice blues set in the lounge to say thank you... we threw a damn part, and the guests at the hotel loved it!

Veronica at the front desk gave us above and beyond customer service as did everyone else. Ted the Mgr on Duty was stellar in helping us get the rooms we needed. Way to show how to do it right, Red Lion!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
It was our pleasure having you and your band here at our Hotel and we can't for your next stay with us!!!!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night, thank goodness, because the hotel was so noisy! Dog barking in a room, vacuum running at 9:30 pm, cars coming and going, then an ongoing sound of banging in the parking lot. Thanks to Ariana from the front desk who got the dog to quiet down and brought us a TV remote, which was missing. Room was clean and comfortable and staff was helpful. Hallways look worn, but noise is the biggest problem.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nhampton
I am sorry to hear about the noisy night you had at our Hotel, this is definitely not the experience we want our guest to have. I am happy to hear however that the staff was prompt on addressing the situation. Thank you kindly for your review as this will help us with future guest experience!
Brownhills, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

All in all, very good...
Another property where its a good idea to park out front, check in and then drive round to the closest door to where your room is (if driving of course) as the property is quite spread out...

Only real issue is that there was some airport noise (planes) from my room... it actually made the window frame shake...

Wifi good and strong. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
123Neily B,

We are happy to hear that you would join us again in the future! We are sorry about some of the noise issues you heard in your room, however we're happy to hear that the noise would not keep you from coming back. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had an event in Vancouver and decided to stay in Portland because the rates for all of the nicer hotels in Vancouver were too pricey. We have never been disappointed at the Red Lion chain and we got a fairly good deal. We chose the airport location because it was in our price range and nearest to the Vancouver destination.
We were checked in quickly and offered airport shuttle service. She also asked if the 2nd floor was acceptable, which was nice. We were able to park right outside of the back entry way to our room.
The room was clean, fairly spacious, and the beds looked an felt clean. The beds are firm, but it was comfortable. There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The refrigerator was hot, and even after we got it going, it never really cooled. There was a flat screen TV. I know people complain about the a/c units, but honestly, it was fine.
The things I notice about all of the Red Lions I have stayed at are the thin walls and the door issues. You can hear your neighbors through the walls, especially in the bathroom and from the hallway. It didn't bother us, but it made me conscious of the stomping around my kids were doing. And the doors into the hotel room always seem to need to be secured - they don't shut by themselves. It makes me worry about my stuff when I'm not there, but when we are in the room, we just put on the secondary locks and we feel safe.
Location - It's right by the airport. If you listen for it, you can hear the planes rumbling in and out. But again, once we had the TV on and lights out - we didn't notice. It might be important to light sleepers, though. Other than that, it's right by the freeway.
Restaurant - we arrived late, after our event and were hungry. We ventured to the bar/restaurant. The waiter/bartender was a perfectly nice man, he and the other patrons looked like bikers. But they were all pleasant and we were served quickly and the waiter was very attentive and friendly. The food was not horrible, but I probably wouldn't eat there or recommend it.
Overall: I give it an 8 out of 10. Red Lion gets extra points for their friendliness. (I also used their telephone customer service to verify that the room was non-smoking and they were very nice.) The front desk staff was super friendly and the sketchy restaurant staff were super nice. It was clean, which is my number one priority. I didn't walk around with a black light or take samples, but as far as my naked eye could see, the room had been cleaned. This the 7th hotel room I've stayed in this year, and it's right up there with the Hilton chain. I'd recommend it for quick stays.

Room Tip: I have a select list of chains I use, and they haven't let me down yet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KatMommy
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review , you just made are day here comparing us to the Hilton. Here we love to go out of our way to please our guest and make it the best and most comfortable stay possible.