“Great Staff, Bar and View”

Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Ranked #23 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Henderson, Nevada
“Great Staff, Bar and View”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

What a great place to stay. We had a great view of the waterfront and park which had a lot of activity. We enjoyed a few drinks at the bar and had great service all the way around. Huge shout out to the valet crew that ran our car back and forth numerous times and knew us by name after the 2nd go around...impressive.

Hotel room was very comfortable but we did get visitors (ladybugs) from the outside sliding glass window. Didnt bother us really. Had everything we needed and it was easy to get in and out of the parking area. Close by to a lot downtown and bridges/freeways. Great hotel and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get the waterfront view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
William S, Guest Relations Manager at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Portland is a great city for exploring and you should come back to visit soon. The summer in Portland is magnificant and there are plenty of things to do within a quick walk from our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Are you kidding me?
I did not stay there, I'm pretty local. I live about 40 minutes north of Portland, but I lived there in PDX for about 6 years. So last night, (The 20th of June, 2014 between 6 p.m and 9:30 p.m) some wonderful things happened at The Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront.

The bar: I met some friends there, I had not seen some of them for 25 years. The server took amazing care of our group. Thank you Laura? I hope I got that name right. Long brown hair, skinny, just a great server. Waters filled, and I ordered a soda, she kept it full for hours. We moved 3 times, she remembered all of our drinks and was ready to move tables around for us. I had a burger, my wife had ravioli. Both were great! Local ketchup and mustard, a nice touch by the way.

I stepped outside with a buddy for a smoke break. Now pay attention. We walked down closer to the road, so as not to bother anyone, and we're chatting and catching up. I look up from our conversation, and there stands the doorman. He has two bottles of water, and wants to know if we would like one. I almost fell down. What!? Of course I'll have one. Are you kidding me? That was impressive. So I'm walking back up to the hotel, and I have my cigarette butt in my hand, the doorman walks ahead and stands holding the door. I walk over to the garbage can, and he mentions since it's closer, feel free to use the valet garbage can. There are also smoking areas to the side of the building. He said it in a helpful way, not in an "I'm insulted you are a smoker" way.

So. Dear Marriott-print this, and post this review in Marriotts across the land. Because Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront just brought it. It's been brung. When it comes to impressive, amazing and outstanding-these folks hit it out of the ballpark and broke a window in the parking lot three blocks from the stadium.
Thank you amazing people, wherever you are. I hope at the end of your shift you'll sleep well you did good things today, and your boss owes you lunch.

Green Features: I was really impressed, I don't take time to go to a website and write a review usually. I really owe the thanks to the staff, or the management and the training they receive. So a very big thank you for a great dining experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank aaron G
William S, Guest Relations Manager at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you Aaron for the rave review of our staff. It is the staff that makes a great hotel and we are very proud of the work we do. I'll be sure we have this posted for all of our associates to see. Thank you and I hope we have the pleasure to serve you again. Remember, the Portland Blues Festival is only two weeks away!
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a waterfront room for a recent conference ($20 upcharge for that, but I agreed, since we had a very affordable conference rate. Others got it at no charge, I found out!) Beautiful views of the boats, the river and bridges, the dragon boat races and even Mt Hood on a clear day! There's a park right across the street where you can sit and watch the river traffic go by, feed the Canadian geese and people-watch. Great restaurants within walking distance, and the Saturday Market is a long stroll or short cab ride away.

Service was excellent. Lobby restaurant had one of the best Cobb salads I've ever had! Room was good-sized (I had two double beds) and the bathroom was clean, although on the smallish side. Nice small fridge in the room.

Handy and comfortable place to be on the waterfront in Portland!

Room Tip: Waterfront view with fridge!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed here on business, and was not disappointed. The hotel, itself, was modern and comfortable, as were the rooms. The gym was well-equipped and fairly spacious, which was a nice surprise. But the location was, by far, the best feature of this property. Situated right on the riverfront, in the heart of downtown, made it the perfect place to stay while exploring Portland. I will definitely be staying here again.

1 Thank Stacey S
Thank you Stacey for taking the time to review us and for staying with us too! Portland is a great city for exploring, especially in the summer. We kick it off with Blues Fest in July and the fun just keeps coming every week. We hope you come back to visit with us again!
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my second time to this hotel and love it. The staff is very helpful, the location right next to the park on the riverfront is perfect. The bistro with its selection of Oregon wines is good at a great price. Tons of great restaurant around within walking distance. I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverfront room. Cant beat the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
William S, Guest Relations Manager at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your experience with us. We hope you come to join us over the summer - the Portland Blues Festival is just around the corner!
Miami, FL
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were here for five days, mostly for business and partly for seeing family. This hotel met all our needs. It was close to our business and not far from downtown shopping. The restaurant and room service are very good (we were especially happy with the gluten free toast at breakfast). The gym and pool/spa area are well maintained and well stocked. And the hotel is only two blocks from the Portland Spirit, if you're inclined to take a river cruise (which I recommend).

The staff was friendly, energetic and accommodating, throughout the five day stay. Our room faced the city instead of the river, so the view wasn't much, but it was quiet. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking time to review us - I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We hope you come back to visit with us again soon!
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was in Portland for a series of meetings in early June. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Check in was painless. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable. Exercise rooms was well equipped, clean and and machines were well maintained. Hotel is in a good location on the river. Not too far from airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Portland is a great city to explore in the summer with many things to see and do, beginning with Blues Fest on the 4th of July weekend. We hope you come again soon!