DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$206
US$358
US$348
Travelocity
2,161 results
All reviewslloyd centerdouble treeconvention centerlight railwarm cookiesmax linebreakfast buffetparking garagemoda centeracross the riverpublic transportationconvenient locationfront desk staffupon checkdowntown areaconferenceairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed for a weekend conference. Beds are very comfortable, room service was excellent. Food was delicious and hot when delivered. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze. Looking forward to my next stay at this Doubletree.

1  Thank P W
GMSteveF, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear PW,

Brief and to the point! Thank you for the great feedback, we do look forward to your return!

with THANKS!

Steve

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Not only did they specifically bake a gluten-free cookie for me at checkin, Kudos to Jimmy in the restaurant who greeted me by name the next morning.

3  Thank AbsoluteJack
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We spend a lot of time in Hilton properties and I have to say this is one of the better ones. The hotel itself is a fairly average Doubletree - comfy bed with good linens, good shower and a quiet room and typical decor. What makes this Doubletree better than average is the staff. All interactions with the staff were friendly and professional (any business traveler knows how rare that is these days). In particular one gentleman who was manning the coffee counter was very helpful - going above and beyond to assist me so I could take breakfast back to our room for my spouse who was on a conference call. Not only was he helpful but he was incredibly nice about it. That is the kind of service that sets a hotel apart and makes for a much better than average experience.
Doubletree Portland - keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Artistseye
GMSteveF, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear artistseye,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! There are a lot of great options in Portland, and I am very pleased that you chose us....hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Thank you as well for your very flattering review of our hotel, and especially our team. My role has me traveling often, and I am always pleased to see great comments like yours, and know the team is treating our guests with stellar, genuine service.

Jimmy is the name of star barista....I will pass on your comments and I assure you he will be thrilled that you took the time to point out his service!

With over 100 reviews on TA, I really respect hearing the glowing comments from you.

With THANKS,

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed there for a conference recently. I roomed in with a friend who had made the reservations. Upon check in- we were able to park close to the front lobby and the front desk check in was a breeze! and love the warm cookies. Which are also available in the coffee shop.

Common areas:
The elevators were moving fast and I never seemed to have a long wait. The conference rooms were fine. I felt the temperature in the rooms all weekend was perfect - usually at conferences there are variations all the time.

Staff was very professional, courteous, friendly, and helpful. The common areas were always kept clean. There was an excercise room that seemed to be regularly used as well as a computer room. There was a coffee shop in the lobby that had great hours.

The room:
We had a king suite room. This room also had a pull out couch, chair and a great desk. I got to sleep on the couch - which I actually didn't mind too much. After getting a second blanket I slept very well. Now I am not a small girl and I found the pull out to be comfortable - well at least WAY more comfortable then anyother pull out I have ever slept on.

Bathroom was fine - my only complaint would be the VERY touch water temperature in the shower. It was rather difficult to find a happy place. The creamer in our room made the coffee taste like cardboard - I am not sure if it was old or not but I was done with in room coffee after my creamer I brought ran out. Luckily I was attending a conference so I didn't have to pay for coffee.

I was reading the hotel information book, and thought room service was a little pricey so we didn't use that. I also noticed a lot of small print extra charges: daily paper (but not delivered to your room), internet, etc. funny how cheaper hotels offer extras without an extra charge but as you move up the chain of hotels things start costing money. But it was very clear that you may ask for these to be taken off if you didn't use them.

We ate in the resturant for breakfast and in the lounge one night for dinner. Have an open mind and read the descriptions. Just glancing over the titles I felt my food options were way too fancy and thought I would find nothing I would like. But after shaking it off and reading the descriptions - I was fine. Food was good tasting and nice portions too.

Max train right across the street, along with a park (that is pretty to look at only but don't go in there) and the mall across the street.

I felt noise level was acceptable and wonder what people are really expecting after reading other reviews.

Now to be honest, I probably would not stay here again. Simply because I live less than 20 miles away. IF another conference I am planning to attend would be here then I would happily stay again. I would feel comfortable putting any out of town visiting family here.

3  Thank MsCurlyboop
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree for an event at the Convention Center. On the plus side, it was an easy 2 stops on the free trolley to the convention center. Trolley goes to the airport too (but we had too much luggage to take advantage of the cost savings). Staff were exceptionally nice and eager to please. Warm cookies!
On the negative, many rooms were noisy (HVAC) or street noise. We switched to another part that was quieter, but could only do this in winter, as it was by the pool (fine if you don't mind the noise and commotion, but not for us). The Hotel could use a facelift. The couch bed in the suite was not comfortable.
Portland itself was a bit sketchy, especially in this area by the Lloyd Center and Park. We did not let the kids walk around by themselves.
Overall, the hotel was convenient and a good value, though we might try something more upscale next time (and pay more for it)

Room Tip: Rooms in the wing past the restaurant were quiter in winter and open to the pool in the summer.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family