DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
US$299
US$275
Orbitz.com
2,180 results
All reviewslloyd centerdouble treeconvention centerlight railwarm cookiesmax linebreakfast buffetparking garagemoda centeracross the riverpublic transportationconvenient locationfront desk staffupon checkdowntown areaconferenceairport
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was a good hotel to stay at in Portland. It was out of the seedy downtown but close enough to have amazing views of the downtown and mountains from our rooms. The rooms were nice but the balconies were heavenly! We spent most of the evening drinking wine on the balcony watching the sun set behind the city. My parents had an awesome view of Mt. Hood from the other side of the hotel. The light rail was a block away and the ride in to town was free. The lobby was nice, good front desk staff. My only complaint was the breakfast service. The waiter was kind of a jerk. He must have been rushed because he was kind of rude to us and not attentive at all. For the $$$$ price of the breakfast you would think you would get a little better service. He also forgot to bring me my drink and ended up giving it to me "to go" as we were leaving. Thankfully he removed it from the bill. I would stay again anytime but NOT eat there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nerzie
GMSteveF, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

dear Nerzie,

Thanks for the thumbs up on our property!

I'm glad you had a great overall stay, but apologize for the lapse in service you received in our restaurant. We've got a great team down there, but we obviously let you down this time, and I am truly sorry for that, as I know they will be when I share your comments with them.

I hope you'll give us another shot for breakfast, I know it will be better!

with THANKS,
Steve

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here for a conference, and the staff were AMAZING--front desk, security, bell stand, housekeeping -- they really went above and beyond to assist all the conference attendees.

We stayed in a suite, so the room was huge and the bathroom/bathtub was very nice too.

The hotel is pretty standard like most Doubletrees. It is located on the other side of the river farther from the Pearl District, so that's something to keep in mind.

Room Tip: They do some sort of extended stay thing where they have some visitors staying there for a week at a time, so if you want to play music or stay up late, you might want to ask NOT to be on the same floor as the long-stay people. They complained about noise in our case.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
GMSteveF, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Dear Vinovixen,

What a glowing review from a top TripAdvisor contributor...we appreciate it! I'm fortunate to have a wonderful team of individuals that take great pride in delivering service that exceeds customer expectations....I'm thrilled to hear we have another more-than-satisfied customer!

We are right across the river from the Pearl...BUT, the newest streetcar route just opened taking you from our hotel DIRECTLY to the Pearl District (and OMSI, and south Waterfront, and downtown!)

THANKS again, we look forward to hosting you again when your travels take you to Porltand.

All the best,
Steve

Reviewed 25 October 2012

During my stay, I discovered my toilet would not stop running. I mentioned it to the front desk staff and told them that I would be gone for approx. 2hrs and that they had my permission to enter. Upon my return it was fixed. I was impressed that they got it done with NO MUSS/FUSS.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: Become an honors member (free) and you can get free parking...if not it will cost you $18 a day.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Attended a conference this week, and had a nice stay at this hotel. We had a large room with a great view of the city. Close to the max car, and shopping at lloyd center. The staff went out of their way to make our time enjoyable. Happy hour was a good deal, the fitness center needs to b enlarged to satisfy more than a few people at a time. Only drawback was how few restaurants are in walking distance from this location. Overall our experience was a good one. Ask for a room away from the max rail system for a quieter location.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side is a quieter location.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This was a great location for us. It was very friendly. Tolerate and kind to our two small dogs. The bed was comfortable, the towels soft, the tub perfectly clean, the swimming pool just warm enough. It is lively and welcoming; a happy place. Internet is in the room and they give you a password to it free; there were no extra charges beyond parking in the garage and our pet fee.

But you can't eat there...are you reading this, Doubletree? I had the worst meal ever, when served to us in the meeting room in back of the grill. The waitress had nerve to place that food in front of me (or needs glasses?). Because the meeting was in progress, I said nothing to her and ate -- tasted awful. If not for that meeting format, I wouldn't eat in the hotel anyway: Portland has a gazillion fantastic restaurants in every category. Skip the hotel meals and go find those. Except, this hotel's little espresso/pastry stand; it is good and the server friendly.

By the way, I had to take my dogs over to the park many times and found it no problem to go there; enjoyed the park's several wonderful sculptures and water feature.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple