“Love the Doubletree at Lloyd's Center!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is an amazing location and a fabulous hotel. The staff are helpful and the facility is beautiful and the warm cookies put it over the top. Being a block from the light rail makes access to the city a breeze. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Jill E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and oustanding review in TripAdvisor about the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. What a delight to read your wonderful comments. I am so glad to read you will be back again and again and invite you to please contact me if I can provide any assistance in making future reservations.

I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111 extension 4993. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and we do sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Terry Goldman - Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Good city hotel not far from Portland Centre. Our room was small(ish) and had shower only (no bath).

Excellent buffet breakfast. Helpful staff.

Make sure you pick a parking package – otherwise parking charges are high. Convenient for Tri-Met into Portland Centre.

Opposite Lloyd Center mall.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have balcony - if you want one, book accordingly.

Dear TwoOxontravellers,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the specific positive comments about our breakfast buffet and the service you received from our team.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and should your travels bring you back to Portland, we hope to be your home base again.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The room was very dirty. Rug was sticky all over something had been spilled and no one had bothered to clean it. Sheets had blood stains, looked as though the sheets had not been washed. Bathroom had hair all over the floor. I wanted to wear my shoes in the shower. I checked in late and it took forever probably 30-40 minutes just to get hotel keys.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Catherine E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to let us know about it here on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to read about the condition of your room. I do see that a member of my staff has reached out to you to discuss how we can make this up to you. I hope our follow-up has earned back your trust and loyalty to the Hilton brands.

I apologize again and invite you to contact me as well if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went there for an overnight during the Independence Day weekend festivities. Nothing wrong at all with the hotel, but that it is overpriced (at least it was that weekend!) for a hotel with no particular charm whatsoever. The restaurant prices were also much too high. The location, however, is near the MAX line which is quite convenient.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Tom L,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the comments. Our rates do vary quite a bit based on the seasons and demand for our property. On behalf of our entire team we do appreciate your business and hope to have you try us again sometime soon.

I would be more than happy to check rates and availability for future dates for you. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I can be contacted via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111 extension 4993.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I had a great stay at the Doubletree in Portland! The location was very central to many of the fun neighborhoods and attractions in Portland. The train station is located right across the street from the hotel which made for easy trips into downtown and to/from the airport. Our room was very clean and we had a balcony which was great for letting in some fresh air and taking in the view of mount hood and the beautiful park across the street. Despite the hotel bing busy over a Holiday weekend, it was very peaceful and quiet. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable.

Mary M,

Thank you for your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland earlier this month and for taking the time to write a great review here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read you enjoyed our location and that the room was clean and comfortable for you.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we do hope you will choose to stay with again very soon. Please let me know if I can assist with reservations.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

stayed here for 4 nights, which is a long stay in one hotel for us, over the 4th. the beds are super comfy, the rooms were quiet, the food at the bar good, the pool is heated, and the staff are really helpful. the park across the street is "home" to some vagrants but we came/went late at night and did not get approached at all. its really close to the mall (we're not shoppers). the location is awesome!!! right on LRT downtown and a couple blocks from the streetcar that does a loop including on area the east side of the river (same side as hotel) which has lots of little neighborhood places to the eat/drink to the south. there is some train noise in some rooms.

Room Tip: the suites on the 14th floor are worth the money. very spacious, 2 balconies, full master bath with...

1441ab,

Thank you for choosing to spend the Fourth of July holiday with us. I am so glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the details you provided other travelers about the comfort of your room, the food quality, the pool and about our location.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with again soon. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The room was nice but on the small side. Nice towels and linens. Since it is located near the MAXX train, it was easy to get to the convention center as well as the Zoo and the attractions out there. Also right across from the Lloyd Shopping Center with a nice park right there as well. The staff was very nice and very helpful. When we inquired about no fridge in the room, they had one brought in right away. They provided a "breakfast" for our convention group which was tasty but just all pastries and a little fruit. Hard boiled eggs would have been a nice addition for protein. The restaurant served an excellent breakfast at a very reasonable price. The service at the hotel for the functions held there was excellent as well as the food served. THe only disappointment was the cost of having internet which we have been receiving at no additional cost at other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear GMASpokane_WA,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for your very positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you enjoyed your visit and that the hotel served your needs well. Thank you for the feedback. I do want to share with you we have heard from you and your fellow travelers and as of July 1, 2013 we now offer a complimentary option for wireless internet in our guest rooms.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with future reservations.