“Highly recommend this hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel was booked for us so I had no particular expectations, just that we had a hotel to stay at in a convenient downtown location. What a pleasant surprise! We've stayed at plenty of hotels and this one is at the top of the list for everything from service, friendliness, cleanliness and appearance. The staff make you feel welcome . They were helpful with suggestions and directions and even stopped you in the lobby if you looked a little lost. I definitely plan to stay there again the next time we go to Portland.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

sojournerOhio,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am so glad to read that our staff served you with excellence. It means so much to hear positive feedback from our guests and I am grateful you took the time to let us and your fellow travelers know about your experience.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and your recommendation. If I can provide any assistance in making future reswervations, please let me know. I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111 extension 4993.

I look forward to hearing from you,

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was a great base to work from in the Portland area on our recent family vacation to the NW. The staff was excellent (and those cookies aren't bad either). I want to thank the concierge for recommending a drive out on Historic Route 30 where we saw some awesome scenery including several waterfalls and great views of the Columbia River. Gotta love those Doubletrees!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Terry P,

Thank you for your recent stay and great review here on TripAdvisor. What a delight to read your comments. I am glad the staff served you with excellence and thrilled you invested the time to visit Historic Route 30 based on the recommendation from our concierge. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our concierge staff.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we do hope to welcome you back, "warm chocolate chip cookie" and all very soon.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

It started great, Cesar at reception was great, the lobby was packed with bicyclers ending a race, but he took his time and helped us understand MAX and how to use it. The Concierge team was very helpful. Then it went downhill. The restaurant staff was overwhelmed with the late night crowd, the hotel was sold out because of the bicycle event but they must have known that in advance. Breakfast was a disaster, they simply could not keep with clearing tables, seating diners and getting food out. The room was dirty, the drain in the shower had so much accumulated hair it did not drain, the sink drain stopper did not work (even after they said they fixed it was still broken and a second request to fix was ignored), and carpet had several large ugly stains. Not what we expected from DoubleTree

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustRetired2013
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

JustRetired2013,

First let me congratulate you on your retirement. What a wonderful accomplishment. Second let me say thank you for your business and third, let me say how very sorry I am for the negative aspects of your visit with us. We hope that every guest that stays with us looks forward to a return visit and in your case we fell very short. I would love the opportunity to turn your "No Thanks," into "We'll give it another try." Please email me at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or call me at 503-281-6111 extension 4993 and I would love to personally connect to see what I can do to make this up to you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is an amazing location and a fabulous hotel. The staff are helpful and the facility is beautiful and the warm cookies put it over the top. Being a block from the light rail makes access to the city a breeze. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Jill E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and oustanding review in TripAdvisor about the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. What a delight to read your wonderful comments. I am so glad to read you will be back again and again and invite you to please contact me if I can provide any assistance in making future reservations.

I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111 extension 4993. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and we do sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Good city hotel not far from Portland Centre. Our room was small(ish) and had shower only (no bath).

Excellent buffet breakfast. Helpful staff.

Make sure you pick a parking package – otherwise parking charges are high. Convenient for Tri-Met into Portland Centre.

Opposite Lloyd Center mall.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have balcony - if you want one, book accordingly.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TwoOxontravellers,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the specific positive comments about our breakfast buffet and the service you received from our team.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and should your travels bring you back to Portland, we hope to be your home base again.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The room was very dirty. Rug was sticky all over something had been spilled and no one had bothered to clean it. Sheets had blood stains, looked as though the sheets had not been washed. Bathroom had hair all over the floor. I wanted to wear my shoes in the shower. I checked in late and it took forever probably 30-40 minutes just to get hotel keys.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Catherine E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to let us know about it here on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to read about the condition of your room. I do see that a member of my staff has reached out to you to discuss how we can make this up to you. I hope our follow-up has earned back your trust and loyalty to the Hilton brands.

I apologize again and invite you to contact me as well if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went there for an overnight during the Independence Day weekend festivities. Nothing wrong at all with the hotel, but that it is overpriced (at least it was that weekend!) for a hotel with no particular charm whatsoever. The restaurant prices were also much too high. The location, however, is near the MAX line which is quite convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Tom L,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the comments. Our rates do vary quite a bit based on the seasons and demand for our property. On behalf of our entire team we do appreciate your business and hope to have you try us again sometime soon.

I would be more than happy to check rates and availability for future dates for you. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I can be contacted via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111 extension 4993.