DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
  • Pool
Eastside Lodge(Portland)
Good 3.5/5
2,161 results
All reviewslloyd centerdouble treeconvention centerlight railwarm cookiesmax linebreakfast buffetparking garagemoda centeracross the riverpublic transportationconvenient locationfront desk staffupon checkdowntown areaconferenceairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We paid only $50 a night for a large king room on an upper floor for family visiting from out of town. We were very impressed by how quiet, large, clean, and nice the hotel was. Excellent location near downtown, convention center, shopping, and the MAX line.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Julie A,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your visit with us.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope you will stay with us again soon and I invite you contact me directly if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Doubletree by Lloyd Center is the best value that I have found in the Portland area. There are several motel/ hotels in the area with comparable pricing, but the accomodations are all inferior and some are a little seedy. The Doubletree has the same low pricing, but the security, room qulaity and the other amenities are of good quality. It is my go-to hotel in Portland. The location is only ten minutes from the downtown area where the hotel prices are double or triple.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

ocean45,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for your positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad you recognize the combined value and quality of our facility and appreciate you taking the time to share your view with other travelers.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed during Orycon, and enjoyed the stay. The rooms I received were deluxe rooms with a balcony, which was good for me as I tend to overheat, and opening the door is more effective than using Air Conditioning. I had no complaints about the lodging side of things.

I did have some negative experiences with food and beverage, however. When a large convention arrives, it would make sense to keep more people on hand to serve in the restaurants. Every time I ate at the in house restaurants it took FAR too long to get the receipts (risking some of the panelists missing their panels, in fact.) Also the menu was quite limited compared to last year.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Greg H,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton for OryCon 35 and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you had a positive experience, and do apologize for the delays you experienced in the restaurants. Your feedback is important to us and will help us as we prepare for your convention next year.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. We do all look forward to your return. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with arranging your accommodations for next year.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I only stayed here one night so I didn't see anything too bad. I really liked how they give you a cookie! The bathroom and the whole room was very nice and clean. They gave us a lot of towels and hand towels which was really nice. It wasn't loud and we couldn't hear any one else walking around or making noise. I like how it is also right across Llyod Center and close to the Rose Garden.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Sandra C,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the positive comments and am glad to read you and a positive experience with us.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again very soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We found the Double Tree to be a great hotel. We spent 4 nights with our 2 children and found the location perfect as it was easy to commute around and was opposite the Llyod centre so was very convenient to shops and restaurants. We found the staff at check-in to be very friendly and helpful also gave us a warm cookie on check-in. The breakfast in the hotel was great value as it was included as part of our package. If we are to return to Portland we will back staying at the Doubletree by Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Jeff M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and great review here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read you enjoyed your experience with us and that our staff served you well.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we all do hope you return to Portland and we have the luxury of serving you and your family again. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.