“Experiences”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Des Moines, IA, United States
“Experiences”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The overall experience was very good. My only comment:for a customer that spends upwards to 36 nights in the hotel, the size of the room for my last few visits was disappointing. In early 2013 & prior visits, the room size allowed me room to move about comfortably.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Chesterthomas Z,

Thank you for your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. I am glad to read you enjoy the property and apologize we did not have one of the premium rooms available for you this last stay. Please let me know when you are ready to book your next visit and I will be happy to assist with your reservations and make sure you get one of our larger rooms.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

While I was there the AC's were not working in several rooms, the staff on hand was very helpful to help correct the problem. They made sure the needs were met of myself and others that had similar issues. Grace the Manager was Amazing in her approach to the situation. Thank you so much!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Jaclyn P,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry there was a challenge with the AC during your stay and thrilled to see that Grace from our leadership team served you with excellence to find an appropriate resolution.

It has been unseasonably warmer than normal here in the Portland area and as you noted we have had a few challenges. We are working to make sure our system is able to handle the needs of our guests and again I am so sorry for your inconvenience.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hop we have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Eugene, OR, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The room was clean and comfortable. That was good. On the other hand, for over $200 per night, no discount extended, it ought to be great. I found that the second night the environmental control (heat-a/c) was not working. I woke at 2am sweltering with no way to cool things down. To the hotel's credit, they moved me to a new room with an window that opened immediately and with no argument. But, to have to move at 2am - well, you can imagine that was not much to my liking. I do like that I could bring my dog with me. That was wonderful. I have stayed in the Doubletree Lloyd Center before, but my per night cost then (two to three years ago) was about $129/night, much more reasonable. So, all in all, there are very good things about Doubletree but it is pricey and, for that price, I expect the a/c to work - even in winter.

James A,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am sorry for the challenges you experienced with the heating/cooling system. We have a received a handful of comments about some challenges with our AC and have revisited our system to make sure it is set to meet the needs of all our guests. I do apologize again.

I am also sorry to read the value was not what you expected for this past stay. Please see the private message I am sending you and I am hopeful we can work together to find an acceptable resolution. On behalf of our entire staff, we do appreciate your business and I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Kirkland, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Hotel staff were very helpful and accomodating. I enjoyed my stay. I had called ahead to ask if the room had a microwave and a refrigerator and learned that it did not. The woman I spoke to prior to my trip told me I could request these appliances when I checked into the hotel. So I asked about the appliances and was told they would be brought to my room quickly. They arrived and were plugged in shortly after I first went into the room. The room was very clean. The TV was a good size and the picture was clear.

Deby M,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland here on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read your experience with us was a positive one and that our staff was accomodating to your requests.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I am hopeful we will have the opportunity to serve you again soon and invite you to reach out to me if I may assist with future reservations.

Boardman, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

a lot of road noise due to the tram right outside my window, extremely noisy guests, floor needed to be vacuumed. was switched from a king to a double queen unexpected. all in all it was an average stay in a motel and I felt I was in a motel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dee E,

Thank you for your recent stay and review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to read your experience with us was not a top notch one. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping manager and team so we can all learn and pay better attention to the quality and cleanliness of our guest rooms.

I do hope you will try us again and invite you to please contact me if i may provide assistance with future reservations.

Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I stay in Portland several times each year. When we travel with our dog, the Double Tree Hilton is perfect. It's close to restaurants and shopping. There is a park across the street to walk the dog. The hotel provides a good room, excellent staff and a hot cookie when you arrive. Close to the best restaurant in town, The Screen Door, and. Good Lebanese place, Karam. Only negative.....the sheets are a little small

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard K,

Thanks for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for reviewing the hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read you, your wife and your dog had a grea stayl. I am also glad you enjoyed the location and cookies, and to hear that our staff served you with excellence.

I appreciate the feedback about the sheets and will pass on to our housekeeping manager. Sounds like we may have used the wrong size sheets on your bed, and i am so sorry. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Israel, Jerusalem
Reviewed 17 January 2014

as doubletree everywhere, the stay was very comfort. the location is great. right on the light rail line and you are in downtown in 5 minutes. the convention center is also very close, and there is a big mall right around the corner. not much to do at night in a walking distance, but again public transportation is very convenient. we were just after a convention and before traveling up north to Seattle through mount reiner and saint helens so getting ready in a comfortable place was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
amiroi,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read that the location worked well for you and that you had a comfortable stay.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back our way. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.