“Great place to stay for Blazers games”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Corvallis, United States
“Great place to stay for Blazers games”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Our room was upgraded to a double queen with no extra charge. Is it my imagination or are hotel "queens" getting smaller? The hotel is very nice, spacious, great lounge area, a half block from the MAX although we walked to and from the Moda Center (about a 15-minute walk). Parking was very reasonable in the garage on a Saturday night $10. I would skip the buffet breakfast. Poor quality. We didn't try ordering off the menu, however.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Nancy P,

Thank you for your recent stay and positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you enjoy the location. I also appreciate your comments. We do hear from time to time that our queen beds seem small, but we have measured and they are the correct size. Also thank you for your comments on breakfast. I am sorry it did not meet with your expectations and I will be sure to share your feedback with the chef.

Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations and I will gladly provide you with a complimentary upgrade to a breakfast package, so you can give our buffet another try. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and Go Blazers!

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

So there was a huge cheerleading event going on so some of these things may have been related to that, though I think hotels should shine when fully occupied!

All of the staff I encountered was friendly and polite. The location vs price seemed pretty good. I think we cabbed it for about $10 to grab drinks. The breakfast buffet would probably have been better on a less busy day, there were lines waiting to be seated and some of the items left empty though multiple tables empty or left uncleaned. Guessing they were understaffed in perpetration for the hordes of cheerleading people. I thought the food was poor at best, though my freind whom I had treated to 5 previous hilton brand buffets this trip said he thought it was the best one we had yet, so there's that...

Our room did have pay per view which I think is becoming more unusual, but I like to mention since I am one of those crazy people that will occasionally drop $15-$20 to see a movie in my hotel room while it's still in theaters. Who has seen a movie in the theater for less than that in the past 10 years?!

One of the elevators was not working, and with all the teenagers there was always a wait for the elevator.

Overall I may give this property another shot on a less busy night. But otherwise I'm not sure it was worth the price...

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
HiltonHonorsHunter,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property here on TripAdvisor. You are correct, we should be at our best when full and I am terribly sorry we were not. I appreciate your open and honest feedback and will be sure to pass on to our food and beverage leadership team.

I do sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and invite you to please let me know if I may provide any assistance with reservations.

Spokane, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The DoubleTree at Lloyd Center/Portland, Oregon, is conveniently located for business and shopping purposes. Public transit is readily available. Restaurant service is adequate. If there were one thing that could be improved, it would be the noise level during the night. MAX transit trains create rumbling sounds throughout the evening until about 1 a.m., and then resume about 5 a.m.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Rodney Adolph A,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am glad to read you had a positive experience with us. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. Please let me know when you are ready to book your next stay and I will gladly pre-assign a room for you away from the trains.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is in a great location; nearby the MAX. The room we had was very spacious and we had an awesome view of downtown. However, nothing really stood out. The service was mediocre, the room was not "hotel clean," a fridge would have been useful, and pre arrival was kind of frustrating. The elevators are really cool and offer a good view of Mt. Hood.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1361 and had a great view. Try to get high floor rooms with similar odd numbers.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Asher P,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you enjoyed the location and view, but sorry we did not provide an extraordinary service experience, including during your pre-arrival.

Our goal is that every guest be extremely satisfied with their stay and I am sorry the service we provided was not exceptional. I will be sharing your comments with our staff, so they understand the influence they have to make every guest feel special. Also one quick note, we do have mini fridges available and gladly deliver them when requested. I apologize we missed sharing that with you as well.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again and invite you to please contact me if I may assist with future reservations.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Lovely service, lovely room with a nice view. The room was extremely comfortable, clean and relaxing. Solid professional service all around. The stay was put through Orbitz which usually have very prices. Next time in town will try to stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Drago672,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you had a great stay with us and that the staff served you with excellence.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. We look forward to your next stay. Please let me know if I may provide any personal assistance with your next reservation.

Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The room was clean but tiny, very tiny. You could hardly squeeze into the bathroom. We ordered a queen sized bed but it was clearly a full size. The front desk assured me that it was a queen sized bed the tags on the sheets that said "full size" made him look like a liar. We arrived very late so the restaurant was only serving from the Bar menu, which was fine it had decent options. The salads were spicy but good, we ordered drinks to cool the spicy and my wife did not get hers until after we were finished eating. At the end of our meal the waitress stated that the drink order "got lost." Which amazed me since we counted 6 staff members working behind the bar and only one other table besides ours. For a place that charges $18 for a waffle (no joke its on the menu) I expected more. I booked the room 3 months in advance and requested a crib to be in the room for our child. When we arrived there was no crib and the front desk was confused about how to get a crib into our room at such a late time because everyone was gone for the night. I felt maybe it was something that should have been done in the day, like all the other hotels we've stayed at. They eventually send a man in a full blue jumpsuit which appeared to be a maintenance man to deliver the crib. Out of everyone at the hotel I thought this man, as scraggly as he appeared, was the most genuinely pleasant people to be employed by this hotel. Our stay was not horrible but for the money I urge people to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
CoastalFamily6,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am terribly sorry to read your stay with us was not what you would have hoped. Our desire is every guest experience with us be a positive one and I am sorry that was not the case.

I do want to assure you and others reading, that our beds are in fact queen beds. I myself am confused by the tag you mentioned seeing on the sheets, but we have measured our beds and they are queen size beds. In regards to the other items I would like to follow-up with you personally. Please see the direct message I am sending you. I am hopeful we can find an agreeable resolution that will earn back your trust.

Seattle, WA. USA
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The accommidations and the service was excellent. We highly recommend this hotel if your are staying in Portland, OR. The breakfast is one of the best experienced in an Ameriucan hotel. The contacts with waiters, housekeepers, the front desk or the concierge all contribute to a memborable experience. E\We have been coming to this hotle for more than six years with a constantly high level of service and satisfaction on our part.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

BoldBear,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read that our team consistently serves you with excellence.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for spending the holidays with us and again for your continued loyalty. Please let me know if I may provide any asisstance with future reservations.