“Stay-cation get away”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, United States
“Stay-cation get away”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay. Room was clean and comfortable. I was suprised that there was no mini fridge...as that has almost become a standard in many hotels. The one time I really could have used one...wouldn't you know. Service was friendly. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Jennifer K
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Jennifer K:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your stay-cation and for writing a review. We do have mini fridges available and I'd be happy to send one to your room next time you stay. I'm so sorry we didn't communicate this while you were here with us. I'm very glad to hear you found the staff friendly and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
San Jose, U.S. Virgin Islands
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Had to rush up to Portland and DoubleTree was recommended by friend. Had a great, but very quick, stay. Hotel staff was helpful and I was able to get into my room in a timely manner. Would have preferred a King but none were available.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Jack K:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. Those quick business trips can be pretty taxing and I am happy to read you were checked in and out smoothly. Hopefully next time you will have the chance to stay with us a little longer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chatham, NH
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I stay in hotels a lot. I have used this location many times. It is good. I like the Hilton Honors program so I stay at this location. My room was OK. The bath room ligh made loud noises. The vent banged most of the night. The front desk was very nice in the check in process. The bar restaurant was good. The service at the bar is alway great. Betty does a very good job. I will stay here again, but I might check a few other Hilton option out first.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
wmlperry72:

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for writing a review. I apologize that this latest visit wasn't up to our usual standards. I have forwarded your comments to my maintenance staff so they can work to resolve the noisy light and air vents. Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding the front desk and bar staff. Especially your mention of Betty. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Libby, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Thought I was receiving a standard government rate but what is normally a standard room everywhere else is a premium room here. I won't make that mistake again. The website booking is misleading. Been a Hilton Honors member for years. Really disappointed in being misled.

1 Thank Alana M
Alana M:
Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a review on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for being a member of Hilton Honors. I am incredibly sorry to read that the website room descriptions were not clear. We are currently re building our individual site and will keep your comments in mind as we rewrite the accommodations page. Booking should be easy and I again apologize that it was not. Please feel free to contact me directly next time and we can be sure everything goes smoothly. I sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Seattle, WA area
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel was quiet, comfortable and had plenty of amenities. The bar had a decent dinner menu in the evening, as well as local beverage options. The breakfast was good, decent buffet and menu options as well. Overall I recommend this for anyone staying in Portland! We were there to go to a concert at the Moda Center and it was within walking distance, but just out of the way of traffic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Koalmine:

It sounds like you had a fantastic time in Portland! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for staying with us during your trip. I am so glad to hear you had the chance to enjoy the dining options as well as our proximity to the Moda Center. We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon; perhaps for another concert or just a Portland getaway.

Eugene, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Except for the fact that my car was broken into, it was a great stay. Pedro who works at the hotel was the most helpful and kind person in the world. Please let him know how much I appreciated his assistance. I am the lady with the dark gray Lincoln.

Peggie R:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us. I am so glad to read that you had such a positive interaction despite the circumstances. Thank you so much for your mention of Pedro. I have shared your comments with him and the rest of our team. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Longview, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff was very professional, the rooms clean and just a comfortable feeling all around. I was here on business and even the meetings were handled well by the staff. This has to be 200 characters long so I'm typing in this sentence to make it longer.

Amber A:
Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I'm so glad to hear your meeting was well handled and you were comfortable during your stay. We look forward to having you back again sometime soon!