“Overnight family trip”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Disappointed that there was not a refrigerator or microwave in the room, did find out that they can be requested but not until check out. Enjoyed having the hotel close to the mall, walking distance, and it was fun as there was a Haunt Convention (Hauntacon) happening while we were there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

John H:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear we didn't effectively communicate regarding the refrigerator and microwave; we are always happy to deliver them and I wish we had known you were in need. I'm glad you had a bit of a chance to explore the neighborhood and that you enjoyed seeing the Haunters Convention set up. Hopefully we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

sfaulstick@portlanddoubletree.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,106)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The DoubleTree in Portland on Multnomah is central to many desirable locations. There's very easy access to the Max trains which will conveniently drop you off at many touristy areas. The Gather bar and Multnomah Grill in the lobby are decent enough. The food at Gather is better than the Multnomah Grill. Exercise room is very clean, 24/7 and has sufficient cardio and free weights, etc. equipment. My wife thought the bed in the "King Size Bed Larger Room" was uncomfortably soft, but I thought it was okay - to each their own and in fairness, she's 7 months pregnant so it's not easy to be comfortable for her right now anyway. The staff was able to accommodate our various requests to change the bedsheets after the maid service had already come and other requests like "we forgot our tooth brush, etc". Overall, Very Good!

Jerry D:

Thank you so much for the lovely review and for staying with us here in Portland. I'm glad you had the chance to try both the restaurants and use the fitness room. Congratulations to you and your wife on your approaching addition to your family! I'm always glad to hear that our guests found our staff welcoming and accommodating and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here while he was in town for business. We found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful. The food at both restaurants was good. Susan at the desk said she would get us a nice room since we were there celebrating our anniversary. The room was very nice and large with a balcony and a view of downtown Portland. The only drawback is the construction going on across the street. It was pretty noisy, and started very early in the morning. I realize this isn't the hotels fault but it does impact the guests . The best part was the closeness of the train, we could get anywhere in the city quickly and easily.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the construction
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dyat:

Happy anniversary! Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I'll be sure to share your comments with Susan as well as the restaurant staff. I do apologize for the construction noise; for the most part they have been pretty low key as they put up what promises to be a fantastic addition to our neighborhood, but I suppose it is unavoidable that from time to time they will have noisier tasks to complete. We'd be happy to find you a room facing East next time you visit us. Thank you again for the comments, they really do help us to best serve all of our guests.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was a great place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. Great location with easy access to the train for transportation to the airport or around the city. The services for business where excellent. The meeting rooms have wifi which is convenient for working meetings. The food is excellent with great buffet style lunches and breakfasts. The only issue is lack of free wifi in guest rooms.

Grobbins42:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for writing such a glowing review! I'm glad you found the light rail such a convenient addition and that the business services allowed you to get work done with so little hassle. We do offer free WiFi in our guestrooms at the basic level with paid upgrades available. I do apologize that we didn't clearly communicate on that amenity for you and I am working with my front office team to make sure we are being clear during the check in process. I sincerely hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime very soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This building is a bit dated, room was a little rough around the edges. Windows made a weird popping sound all night long, which was kind of annoying. Seems as if they've worked to update the rooms, but the building as a whole needs some help. Staff were very nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Sarah S,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that the staff served you well and appreciate your feedback regarding the building. We have made some improvements to the building in recent years and are excited that we still have some upcoming projects that will make a significant difference in the building. Keep in touch and I will be glad to update you with the scheduled improvements as they are announced.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and I am hopeful we have the luxury of serving you again very soon.

Terry Goldman - Hotel Manager
tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I only stayed one night for a conference, but all aspects of my stay were delightful. The check in staff was friendly and helpful. The chocolate chip cookie was just the right snack after a long day. And the bed provided a snug and sound sleep. Definitely one of my favorite Portland spots.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Regina R:

We love this city enough to find your review a very high complement. Thank you so much for writing a review and for naming us one of your favorite Portland spots. I do hope we can have you back again soon for several more days. I love how many reviews mention how friendly and helpful our front desk staff is. We're happy to invite you back with a cookie anytime.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice at the front desk. Hotel appeared clean. Food was good. View from the elevator was outstanding. The hotel parking garage was included with the room, which was a nice addition. Small complaint, remote wasn't working and at 9:30 I had no desire to go back downstairs.

Tom H:

Thank you very much for staying with us Tom, and thank you for the review. Traveling on business isn't always much fun and we try our best to take care of the details for you. I'm always glad to hear a guest is comfortable and feels well looked after by our front desk staff. However I am very sorry to see the remote in your room wasn't working properly and I apologize for the inconvenience. We are always happy to bring you a new one. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon with a fully functioning array of technology in your guestroom.