“Location, location, location.”

Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Location, location, location.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Double Tree at Lloyd Center for events connected to the Portland Rose Festival and it was the perfect location. The Lloyd Center shopping center is right across the street as are 2 parks and the light rail that takes you into town. The light rail is inexpensive and very easy to use. Getting to a host of great eateries in downtown Portland is a snap. We had a room on the 13th floor overlooking a park and a gorgeous view of Mt. Hood. For some reason, our room was not made up one day. We came back to our room in the afternoon to find it as we left it in the morning. Maid service wanted to clean it then but we were resting for an evening event so we just had them skip it. Also, the car parked next to us in the hotel parking garage had a window broken out. Grateful we sustained no damage but I think the parking garage is not very secure. I would have given this hotel an excellent rating if it had not been for these 2 things.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Darci W:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad the location and access to the light rail were perfect for you and that you had a chance to enjoy the view from your room. I apologize for the oversight on your housekeeping service; we do try to have stayover services done earlier, but from time to time our housekeepers have to put them off until the vacant rooms are finished. Unfortunately there isn't a perfect way to do it, but if you ever need your rooms made up by a certain time, we are more than happy to schedule accordingly. I was alarmed to hear about the garage vandalism near you and I assure you we are constantly looking at new ways to ensure the safety and security of the garage. Break ins are rare, but unfortunately they do happen from time to time. Thank you for all your feedback and I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back the next time you find yourself in Portland.

sfaulstick@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stay at this hotel every year for more than 25 years and noticed a big improvement this last stay. The breakfast buffet Nazis are gone. The restaurant staff has improved. Friendly and helpful. Quick to serve. The check in/out and concierge service is always excellent. I return because of your people, beds & convenience. The elevators doors are too quick to close & don't reopen when a person is partially in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Virginia K:

Thank you so much for your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad the changes you have noticed are positive, specifically in regards to the more relaxed atmosphere at breakfast. I always love hearing that the staff stands out as friendly and helpful. I passed your comments about the elevator doors on to my maintenance staff and they will be making inquiries with the elevator company. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Salem
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We visited the Portland Doubletree at the Lloyd Center. We selected this hotel because it's the best within walking distance of the Moda Center; we were there for the Dress to Kill Cher concert.
The desk staff is attentive and the lobby is attractive enough. The rooms need updating. The bathroom - you cannot get into the bathroom very well because there is only inches separating the door and the toilet; it requires some manuvering of your body. The bed was comfortable and the sleep was undisturbed. We wanted to have a night cap a bite to eat after the concert, the bar closes at 11 pm. No alcohol. So, we walked about 1 mile to the local applebees to get a glass of wine and something to eat. I've never heard of a hotel bar closing for alcohol service at 11 pm. The morning bruch has two choices and we went with the continental for $12.00 each. It's a lot of food and of course all you can eat. A good value for $12.00 each. If you are in the Lloyd Center, this is a good place to stay. But if you want to have a late night drink, you'll need to find a place outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
suzanne0109,

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback here on TripAdvisor. On behalf of our entire team I genuinely appreciate it. I am so glad to read the staff served you well and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I will be sure to pass your comments about updating onto the owners and am pleased to share we are in the final planning stages for a renovation we expect to start this winter. I will also share your feedback about our evening foodservice with the team. We should have anticipated late night diners after the concert and looks like we missed an opportunity.

I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon and I invite you let me know if I may provide any assistance with reservations. I hope to hear from you soon.

Terry Goldman - Hotel Manager
tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com
503-331-4993
Portland, Oregon, hotel, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay! Pros: Spacious double room overlooking a pleasant park; close to public rail system stop (handy but noise can be a problem for sleeping). Nice outdoor pool. Really excellent breakfast buffet! Cons: very limited menu for lunch and supper/dinner. Also ironing board in room was ancient & very tippy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Susan H C:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the wonderful review. I'm so glad your room and view were enjoyed as well as the pool and breakfast. We try to change the options in our dining room seasonally and should have updated menus soon; hopefully next time you stay with us you will find more things to your liking. I will have our housekeeping manager keep an eye out for any tippy ironing boards; thank you for letting us know it was not in tip top shape. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime very soon.

Many thanks,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on business in April. The hotel is located next to the light rail and across from the loyd center. Actually, it's only a few blocks from the moda center if you are heading out to a Trailbalzers or Winterhawks game.
The hotel is nice, clean, and felt modern. Check in was quick and they give you a chocolate chip cookie.
My room was in the 14th floor. To get there you ride a glass elevator, which has fantastic views of Mt. Hood on a clear day.
I had a king room which was massive. Honestly one of the largest normal rooms I have ever had. I had floor to ceiling windows which looked out to downtown Portland.
The tv was nice and had a decent selection of channels.
The hotel also has a couple of restaurants. I only ate at the bar, but the food was good and the staff friendly.
I would recommended this hotel for any type if stay.
It is literally steps from the train making it perfect if you do not have a car as the train goes to both downtown and PDX.
Excellent hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Jonathan M:

Thank you for staying with us in April and for taking the time to write a review. We love being so close to the Moda center and the Oregon Convention Center as well as having the convenience of the light rail just steps away. I'm so glad you enjoyed the room and your view of the mountain. I love reading that the staff in the restaurant was a highlight during your stay and we would all absolutely love to have you back sometime soon.

Montevallo, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree for an in-hotel conference, but it was SUPER convenient to the MAX for exploring. I had a very roomy double queen with a nice balcony view that was private- I could leave the curtains open at night to see the night sky and drink coffee in my jammies looking at the mountains in the morning. Staff is friendly and helpful and catering was pretty good for our events, too.

Emily G:

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear you had such a lovely time and were able to enjoy your balcony and view. I was also glad you found the staff so friendly and helpful - we really pride ourselves on our customer service and I love being able to pass on all the great comments we get. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you find yourself in Portland.

Birmingham, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was great!! It was wonderful!!! The best stay I've had in a hotel in years. I recommend this to any traveler to Portland, Oregon. Thank you so much for the hospitality and the great customer service.

Jessica B:

I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a wonderful review. It was absolutely our pleasure to provide you with hospitality and great customer service. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Many thanks,