“Good hotel, but had a billing problem”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel itself is good and I had a good stay. However I'm in this billing hell right now because they marked the first night as a no show and charged me separately for it, and the other 4 nights were charged separately. They insisted I was a no show for the first night and forfeited that night's money, but that's not true - I was THERE!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

806pradnyad,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the billiong problem, but understand you have been able to connect with a manager from our team to resolve. Please let me know if there is still and issue and on behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, right off the rail... So no need for a cab coming from the airport.. Everyone was so friendly and courteous and knowledgeable. (These guys know their city!) We stayed for 3 nights and I had a very pleasant stay. Great little restaurants around the area within walking distance. I absolutely love Portland and staying here really made the experience worth while . In this case you definitely pay for quality and it's well worth it. No complaints here! Checked out a few bars ,restaurants , and of course voodoo doughnuts ... During the day we would walk , or catch the rail. The location is awesome . Great for tourist like me! Will be back soon! Hopefully in January , when it's nice and cold and rainy ... Thanks Doubletree for a great stay ..

P.s. Ask the concierge about anything! He knows all! ( yummy local restaurants )

Stayed: July 2014
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Shampizzy25:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing such a fantastic review. I always enjoy reading comments about staff friendliness and it looks like we really hit it out of the park for you. I'm so glad you had such a great visit to Portland and got out to explore so much of it. I hope we do get see you in January!

Many thanks,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room was clean but the ceiling tile under the air conditioning vent had water stains and the carpet had stains. I asked for a refrigerator and microwave when I made my reservation. They are on a first come-first served basis at no charge.

Mary S:

It was a pleasure to have you with us and thank you for your review. We are excitedly planning a refresh of the hotel so hopefully next time we see you there will be all sorts of changes. I've shared your comments with our maintenance staff so they can keep an eye out for that leaky air vent and get it under control. We do indeed have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request and I'm glad we were able to provide one for you during your stay. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is very nice, if you don't mind cold showers and small rooms. My kids and I had to stay here in a pinch, as our flight was cancelled. The hotel provided us with a cot as they only had a double bed available and there were three of us. There was barely any room left in the hotel room after they brought in the cot and the shower only put out cold water, as the faucet was pretty much inoperable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Cynthia O:

Thank you for staying with us (even if it was unplanned,) and thank you for your review. I'm so glad we had a room for you last minute. I apologize it wasn't one of our larger rooms which would have better accommodated a family of three. The shower faucet definitely should allow for hot water to come through and I will ask our maintenance department about that as it is the first time I have encountered that problem. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again under less impromptu circumstances.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I heard commuter trains running outside my window most of the night, and when the trains weren't running - jackhammers working on the tracks! These may be outside the hotel's control but the sliding door windows are not sound deadening and don't seal very well so outside sounds are very audible even through earplugs. I won't ever return.

1  Thank James M
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

James M,

Thanks for your stay and for letting us know about your experience. I am deeply sorry to hear your sleep was disturbed during your stay. Our standard practice if a guest is unhappy with noise is to work with them to find a location on property where they will be comfortable and able to get the rest they need and I am sorry we missed that chance. Also thank you for letting me know about the jack-hammering on the tracks. That should not be occuring and I will follow-up with the local transit authority.

If there is anything I can do to make this right, please let me know. On behalf of our entire team we sincerly would love to earn another chance with you as our guest.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Every July, I come to Portland for a large conference at the Oregon Convention Center. Our company puts our team up at the Doubletree Lloyd Center. I rarely look forward to staying at a hotel for nine days, but I do when I stay here! The staff at the Doubletree is incredibly friendly, approachable, and eager to help. I've stayed here so many times, some of the staff remembers me by name!!! The customer service is top notch! Gather offers a great variety of beverages and meals. Highly recommend the Sweet Potato Tater Tots!!!! I cannot say enough about the spacious and comfortable rooms. They are a bit dated, but not enough to be a show stopper. Ask for a high floor and balcony. You'll be treated to an amazing view of Downtown Portland or the Cascades. Although the Doubletree is located next to Lloyd Center, you are not far from anywhere, thanks to the MAX, which stops one block east of the Doubletree. Downtown is only 10 minutes away via MAX. The walk to downtown is not bad as well. I always recommend the Doubletree to anyone I know traveling to Portland. I'm a fan!

PatrickDirden,

Thank you so much for another incredible review! You have made my week. I cannot wait to share your comments with the team at large. It is an honor to serve you and we all genuinley look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest.

Thank you for your loyalty, your reviews and your business!

Kind regards-

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Rooms comfortable, great beds good sleep which is such a help when traveling and very wonderful staff. Great with kids/babies. hot in Portland so nice to have working air conditioning. this is a good hotel for business and pleasure. and I don't know why I need to write 200 characters and make things up at this point.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Alex B,

Thank you for your recent stay and lovely review here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your experience with us! On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and kind words.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you all again soon.