“Great staff!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Santiago, Chile
“Great staff!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff was super friendly and helpful. They were great in solving problems. I was impressed with the quality of the Fitness room. Far better than expected for a hotel. I had a great overall stay. The minimum 200 required characters is irritating me. I like to give concise reviews because they have a better chance to be read. This is not a Thesis.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Soledad U:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for the wonderful review. Reading comments about our staff is always my favorite. I was also glad to note you had a chance to use our fitness center, which I agree is a quality facility for a hotel gym. That 200 character limit really is irritating. I agree - sometimes you can say everything you want in a couple sentences. I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review and that you were comfortable and well looked after during your stay. I hope we see you again soon.

sfaulstick@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel itself is good and I had a good stay. However I'm in this billing hell right now because they marked the first night as a no show and charged me separately for it, and the other 4 nights were charged separately. They insisted I was a no show for the first night and forfeited that night's money, but that's not true - I was THERE!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
806pradnyad,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about the billiong problem, but understand you have been able to connect with a manager from our team to resolve. Please let me know if there is still and issue and on behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business.

Houston
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel, right off the rail... So no need for a cab coming from the airport.. Everyone was so friendly and courteous and knowledgeable. (These guys know their city!) We stayed for 3 nights and I had a very pleasant stay. Great little restaurants around the area within walking distance. I absolutely love Portland and staying here really made the experience worth while . In this case you definitely pay for quality and it's well worth it. No complaints here! Checked out a few bars ,restaurants , and of course voodoo doughnuts ... During the day we would walk , or catch the rail. The location is awesome . Great for tourist like me! Will be back soon! Hopefully in January , when it's nice and cold and rainy ... Thanks Doubletree for a great stay ..

P.s. Ask the concierge about anything! He knows all! ( yummy local restaurants )

Stayed July 2014
Shampizzy25:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing such a fantastic review. I always enjoy reading comments about staff friendliness and it looks like we really hit it out of the park for you. I'm so glad you had such a great visit to Portland and got out to explore so much of it. I hope we do get see you in January!

Many thanks,
Casper, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room was clean but the ceiling tile under the air conditioning vent had water stains and the carpet had stains. I asked for a refrigerator and microwave when I made my reservation. They are on a first come-first served basis at no charge.

Mary S:

It was a pleasure to have you with us and thank you for your review. We are excitedly planning a refresh of the hotel so hopefully next time we see you there will be all sorts of changes. I've shared your comments with our maintenance staff so they can keep an eye out for that leaky air vent and get it under control. We do indeed have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request and I'm glad we were able to provide one for you during your stay. Thank you again for your comments.

La Mirada, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is very nice, if you don't mind cold showers and small rooms. My kids and I had to stay here in a pinch, as our flight was cancelled. The hotel provided us with a cot as they only had a double bed available and there were three of us. There was barely any room left in the hotel room after they brought in the cot and the shower only put out cold water, as the faucet was pretty much inoperable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Cynthia O:

Thank you for staying with us (even if it was unplanned,) and thank you for your review. I'm so glad we had a room for you last minute. I apologize it wasn't one of our larger rooms which would have better accommodated a family of three. The shower faucet definitely should allow for hot water to come through and I will ask our maintenance department about that as it is the first time I have encountered that problem. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again under less impromptu circumstances.

Grand Rapids, MI, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I heard commuter trains running outside my window most of the night, and when the trains weren't running - jackhammers working on the tracks! These may be outside the hotel's control but the sliding door windows are not sound deadening and don't seal very well so outside sounds are very audible even through earplugs. I won't ever return.

1 Thank James M
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
James M,

Thanks for your stay and for letting us know about your experience. I am deeply sorry to hear your sleep was disturbed during your stay. Our standard practice if a guest is unhappy with noise is to work with them to find a location on property where they will be comfortable and able to get the rest they need and I am sorry we missed that chance. Also thank you for letting me know about the jack-hammering on the tracks. That should not be occuring and I will follow-up with the local transit authority.

If there is anything I can do to make this right, please let me know. On behalf of our entire team we sincerly would love to earn another chance with you as our guest.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Every July, I come to Portland for a large conference at the Oregon Convention Center. Our company puts our team up at the Doubletree Lloyd Center. I rarely look forward to staying at a hotel for nine days, but I do when I stay here! The staff at the Doubletree is incredibly friendly, approachable, and eager to help. I've stayed here so many times, some of the staff remembers me by name!!! The customer service is top notch! Gather offers a great variety of beverages and meals. Highly recommend the Sweet Potato Tater Tots!!!! I cannot say enough about the spacious and comfortable rooms. They are a bit dated, but not enough to be a show stopper. Ask for a high floor and balcony. You'll be treated to an amazing view of Downtown Portland or the Cascades. Although the Doubletree is located next to Lloyd Center, you are not far from anywhere, thanks to the MAX, which stops one block east of the Doubletree. Downtown is only 10 minutes away via MAX. The walk to downtown is not bad as well. I always recommend the Doubletree to anyone I know traveling to Portland. I'm a fan!

PatrickDirden,

Thank you so much for another incredible review! You have made my week. I cannot wait to share your comments with the team at large. It is an honor to serve you and we all genuinley look forward to the next opportunity to have you as our guest.

Thank you for your loyalty, your reviews and your business!

Kind regards-