“Great cookies - great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #34 of 138 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfield, Ohio
“Great cookies - great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

It is always good to be welcomed with a freshly-baked cookie! This hotel is located across the street from a large park and also a mall. We stayed in a premium room on the 12th floor. It was large room that included a nice chair and Audubon and also a work desk. It is always a bummer to pay for parking, but that is the only negative about this hotel. Nice!

Stayed August 2014
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Tammi H,

Thank you for your stay last month and very positive review here on TripAdvisor. On behalf of our entire team we are grateful for your business. I am so glad you enjoyed the cookie and I agree it is a great way to start any visit!

I am hopeful we have the luxury of serving you again soon and invite you to please contact me directly if I may assist with any future reservations.

Kind regards,.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here with my wife and three teenage kids overnight en-route to Oregon coast. The rooms are very spacious, and we had a rollaway bed added panda there was still plenty of room. The room has a dressing table outside of the bathroom in addition to the basin and cabinet in the bathroom hence with teenage girls this was a bonus.

The hotel pool is ok, and the breakfast was also good value.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Andrew255103,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way to the coast. I am grateful to read you had an enjoyable visit and appreciate the feedback. I hope we have the luxury of serving you and your family again soon.

Please let me know if I may assist with any future reservations.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I recently stayed at this property for a convention. It is very close to the Portland Convention Center either by walking (<15 minutes) or taking the Metro (2 stops). The room was decent, but nothing spectacular. The fitness facilities are rather limited. The breakfast buffet did have a good selection of food items and was reasonably priced. I would consider staying at this property again.

Samuel A,

Thank you for your stay and review last month of our property. I appreciate your comments and wanted to share we are very excited about an upcoming renovation planned for early 2015! Lots of new things to look forward to as we modernize the look of the hotel a bit.

Please let me know when you are ready to make your next reservation and I will be glad to assist.

Cheers,

Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel was by far one of the favorites for this trip. Doubletree is always a great experience for me, but being greeted by those warm chocolate chip cookies never gets old :)

The room size was unbelievable, easily the size of two hotel rooms. The bathrooms were also very large and had a nice vanity area separate from the shower and toilet area. Our view overlooked the city, which was great for the 4th of July, our own personal fireworks shows!

The location couldn't be much more convenient, especially if you've rented a car. There is a parking garage attached to the hotel for parking and there is a giant shopping mall right across the street. This hotel is less than a block from the public transportation that takes you right into the city. The pool was nice, but it was a bit cold for us to really enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Jess M,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and fantastic review here on TripAdvisor. it means so much especially since you are a senior contributor to the site. I am so glad you enjoyed the room, location and especially our cookies.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we hope to have the luxury of serving you again soon.

toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

excellent hotel, rooms, staff. Gym is rather bland if you're a gym nut but otherwise very clean and comfortable and close to amenities including Trimet transit and easy walk to conference centre and downtown.

Location
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Anthony P
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Anthony P:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm always glad to hear such positive comments about our hotel, location, and especially our staff. If you need a more extensive gym experience there are several in the area and perhaps your own membership is transferable (the LA Fitness is just a few blocks away). I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I am really grateful for the assistance of the person in charge at the entrance of the parking lot during my check out Monday morning around 10 AM. This person went above his call of duty help me find a jacket that I have lost while transporting my luggage to my car. Thank you very much

Location
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Agustin C:

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for the review. I absolutely love this story and I am sharing it with my staff as an example of just how much that extra effort means to our guests. I'm glad your jacket was located and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Portland.

Many thanks,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is close to the city, and in an easy to get to location right off the highway. Clean, comfortable rooms, and the AC was effective and quiet :)

The only issue I had was with the roads blocked off and having to circle the block to find the way in due to the construction in the area. Even though the construction was visible from my room, I could not hear it in my room.

1 Thank Dwaine S
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dwaine S:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm very glad to hear you were comfortable during your stay with us. I do apologize for the construction happening this week - unfortunately we didn't have any say in when and how the city decided to carry out the Tri Met track maintenance. The upside is that it is only scheduled to last this one week and everything should be right back to normal come Monday. So next time you staying with us everything should be perfect! We look forward to seeing you again.

Many thanks,