“Adeguate”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is a good place to stay if not into luxury. The sink in my room would not ho;d water. The rugs need cleaning. the bed was very comfortable and clean. soap was left in the room one day. not a problem for me as I never use hotel soap. The food in both restaurants was good. the breakfast is especially good and a good value for the price. staff really friendly and helpful. would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Mary F:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for writing a review. I'm sorry to hear the sink was being finicky - sounds like something the maintenance team should be able to fix pretty quickly. I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy the restaurants and that the breakfast was a highlight for you during your stay with us. As always, I love hearing comments about our staff being friendly and helpful. We all hope to have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Steve Faulstcik, General Manager
sfaulstick@portlanddoubletree.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Portland Doubletree is an ideal spot to stay if you are attending a conference at the Oregon Convention Center. The hotel is immaculate, the breakfast spread is the best, and you are minutes away from key destinations. The train from the airport stops right at the corner and the Oregon Convention Center is only two quick stops away.

Mark M:

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so very glad you found the hotel comfortable and convenient. I do hope you had the chance to explore the neighborhood a little aside from the trips to the convention center - although I know it can be difficult to find much time in your schedule when you have a convention to attend. Here's hoping we see you again the next time you find yourself in Portland.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I needed a safe, clean, close place to stay while at an expo. It met all of those requirements and then some. The food was excellent in the onsite restaurants and in the room. The room was very comfortable and well taken care of each day. The customer service was top notch on all accounts.

Dianne H:

Many thanks for the wonderful review and for staying with us while attending your expo. I'm so happy to hear the food was a highlight for you and that you were comfortable during your stay with us. As always, knowing that our service was top notch is an absolute highlight for us and I am so glad we were able to make you feel welcome and cared for. Thank you again for the kind comments. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel was very nice and clean when you enter the lobby. Front desk staff were very helpful. The rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The beds and pillows were the most comfortable I have slept on and I have stayed in countless hotels. If I had a complaint it is that we had to pay for parking. I feel with the price that is charged you should not have to pay to park.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Bonnie L:

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for the outstanding review. I'm happy to know the front desk staff was so helpful. It's wonderful to know that the beds were comfortable for you as well. We do try to keep the costs for parking as low as possible, and there are several packages offered which do include the cost of parking. Thank you for your feedback on this as our guest's thoughts are important to us and help us to know what is and isn't working. I very much hope we have then chance to welcome you back again the next time you find yourself in Portland.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Spent two nights there in a large queen room with a sliding door onto a balcony. The room was on the sixth floor and faced the park. There was construction noise during the day due to work being done on the Red Line. But the work stopped at night and I was able to keep the door open to the balcony all the time. The Red Line is an easy commute from the airport and also down to the Convention Center. The coffee bar wasn't very good (Portland's Best Coffee CANNOT REALLY be Portland's Best Coffee)...the coffee was so weak, why bother. However there was a Starbucks a block away in the mall. Room was clean, large and very comfortable.

Room Tip: I only chose "Loud" for noise level because of construction which was temporary. However...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

luvsaussies:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I'm very glad to know the maintenance on the Red Line wasn't too intense during your stay. We knew it was happening, but had no control over when. Having the MAX line so close is great for getting everyone around town, but it does have it's drawbacks from time to time. I apologize about the weak coffee - there is nothing worse in the morning. Portland Roasting does have some fantastic beans, but if we aren't brewing it well, that is something we can fix. I've passed your comment on to our cafe staff because I know everyone wants to offer the best product we can. Thank you again for your comments. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a busy hotel with many rooms and events.

The room itself was small but tastefully decorated. The biggest problem was the noise. We could hear everything that our neighbors were saying although they were not being loud.

Also, I thought the pet fee of $25 per night was a bit steep, especially since the hotel does not provide any pet accessories (e.g., bowls/bed). Also, when I made my reservation, I was not told that there was a 50 pound limit on the pet. My dog is 60 pounds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

TorontoLeesar,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed the property but do apologize for the noise you experienced from your neighbors. We are also so glad you brought your pet with you, and hope the animal was comfortable as well. Our pet fee should just have been $25.00 for the stay and not per night. Please let me know if you were charged the fee every night and I am happy to make an adjustment to your bill.

I hope we have the luxury of serving you again soon.

Terry Goldman - Hotel Manager
tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

If it were not for the street noise at night keeping me awake I would have given it four stars. The walls are THIN. Definitely ask for a room away from the max line. Whenever the train pulls up it sounds like a jet is landing outside. Too bad since I was here on business and really needed my sleep. The service I got was great - the warm cookies are a nice touch. Parking is expensive considering the location. This is not downtown but you can easily get there by the noisy train outside or a cheap taxi ride.

• Stayed: August 2014

Lee353,

Thank you for your stay last month and for the review here on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry you were disturbed by the MAX train. I would love to have you give us another try and I would be happy to personally select your room to get you the quietest room possible. Please let me know and I will be happy to get you set up.

I hope to hear back from you soon!

Terry Goldman - Hotel Manager