“What a great stay!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. The staff was so friendly when we checked in, and very helpful as we had a young child. The view was spectacular. Also the location close to the train was more than ideal for out stay. My family and I will be staying here again as soon we can.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Nolan C:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for the wonderful review. As always, I am very glad to hear the staff was friendly and welcoming. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy the view from your room and take advantage of the MAX light rail. We look forward to having you back again very soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here on business and was very comfortable throughout. Staff was always available and helpful. My room, although a little dated looking, was clean and a nice size. I liked having a separate vanity outside of the bathroom as there is not much counter space at the sink. Went to the coffee bar several times for snacks and beverages, very convenient. I had quite a lot of work to do each night and ordered Room Service several times. The staff got to know me. Waiter remembered to bring me a hot pot of water each night even when I forgot to ask for it. Great location if headed to the convention center because light rail station is only a 2 minute walk. Macy's is about 5-10 mins on foot and the city center is a short ride on the rail. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Roastduck90:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing a review. I'm always very glad to see that our guests were well cared for and that the staff was so helpful during your stay. I'm passing on your comments to our dining crew because I love the attention to detail that the wait staff showed in remembering your preferences. It's the little touches like this that make the difference. Thank you very much again for the comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you find yourself in Portland.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Commercial construction across the street, even on a Saturday. The huge gap under the door makes all hallway sound audible.
If you are lucky housekeeping will come daily but missed at least twice in our group of rooms.
Wearing white socks to walk around the room shows how dirty the carpet is..... Bad!
Rooms can and should have fridge and micro but not all do.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

LoneOak6496:

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear you didn't sleep well with us. We are currently planning some renovations and the doors on the guestrooms are at the top of the list. The construction across the street will soon be completed and we are really excited to see what businesses go in on the ground floor as they really have the potential to enhance the neighborhood. Once we've finished with the renovations, I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back and you can check out all the neighborhood has to offer.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

large room with 2 windows let in lots of light. Very comfortable large bed.However ,only 1 comfortable chair with room for 2 or 3 more Next Hilton hotel had a decent sofa and a comfortable chair-why can't it be done everywhere?
Well set out bathroom but no frig or microwave as a standard-have to be ordered at extra cost.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

RobertChappell:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm very glad you were comfortable and had the chance to enjoy the room while you were with us. Thank you as well for your comments about the number of chairs. It certainly makes sense to have a second chair or a couch in a room with two beds. We are in the process of planning a remodel and there comments like these are good for us to take into consideration as we determine what to put in our budget. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back next time you find yourself in Portland.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is a good place to stay if not into luxury. The sink in my room would not ho;d water. The rugs need cleaning. the bed was very comfortable and clean. soap was left in the room one day. not a problem for me as I never use hotel soap. The food in both restaurants was good. the breakfast is especially good and a good value for the price. staff really friendly and helpful. would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Mary F:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for writing a review. I'm sorry to hear the sink was being finicky - sounds like something the maintenance team should be able to fix pretty quickly. I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy the restaurants and that the breakfast was a highlight for you during your stay with us. As always, I love hearing comments about our staff being friendly and helpful. We all hope to have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Steve Faulstcik, General Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Portland Doubletree is an ideal spot to stay if you are attending a conference at the Oregon Convention Center. The hotel is immaculate, the breakfast spread is the best, and you are minutes away from key destinations. The train from the airport stops right at the corner and the Oregon Convention Center is only two quick stops away.

Mark M:

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so very glad you found the hotel comfortable and convenient. I do hope you had the chance to explore the neighborhood a little aside from the trips to the convention center - although I know it can be difficult to find much time in your schedule when you have a convention to attend. Here's hoping we see you again the next time you find yourself in Portland.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I needed a safe, clean, close place to stay while at an expo. It met all of those requirements and then some. The food was excellent in the onsite restaurants and in the room. The room was very comfortable and well taken care of each day. The customer service was top notch on all accounts.

Dianne H:

Many thanks for the wonderful review and for staying with us while attending your expo. I'm so happy to hear the food was a highlight for you and that you were comfortable during your stay with us. As always, knowing that our service was top notch is an absolute highlight for us and I am so glad we were able to make you feel welcome and cared for. Thank you again for the kind comments. We look forward to having you back with us in the near future.