The Riverplace had just been bought from Larkspur by Kimpton when I stayed there and they hadn't yet implemented the good fish or yoga mats. They offer apples and cookies in the lobby and have the most gracious staff of any hotel I have stayed in.
We had originally booked the parlor suite and one of the large tvs wouldn't turn on so we called the front desk who immediately sent maintenance to fix it. After working on the tv for almost an hour the maintenance man dropped the tv on the ground. Before we could even ask to be moved the front desk called and offered us the choice of the Grand Suite or an apartment style room in the condo adjacent to the main hotel.
We chose the Grand Suite, which is by far the nicest room in the hotel. It features an elaborate bathroom with dual vanities and a raised 2 person jetted tub, a view of the Willamette from every room and a dining room with seating for 12. They even include binoculars!
There is no on site fitness center so they offer free passes to the Riverplace Athletic Club a block away where spa services are also available. I was very impressed by the athletic club and spa, far better equipped than any hotel gym.
Late checkout was easily accommodated and they even held our bags until we departed from Portland that evening.
Cons? The location is scenic but a bit of a hike from downtown and the prices are pretty steep (I believe I paid just shy of $400 for our single night stay).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection