“Very nice but not my favorite Portland Kimpton Hotel.”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scotts Valley, California
“Very nice but not my favorite Portland Kimpton Hotel.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

If you prefer to be close to the river when staying in Portland this is a great spot. The hotel gives a wonderful first impression when you enter the lobby. Our large room looking toward the city rather than the river did not disappoint either. I didn't give the hotel a 5 star rating because it is the most expensive Kimpton in the city and I actually prefer the other two Kimpton hotels located downtown. (Seems like they have better happy hour, etc.) Besides that, we stayed three nights and our room only got cleaned once. I guess the hotel was full and housekeeping was extra busy. It wasn't a big deal and we easily got fresh towels, but it was a little disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mindi B
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Gosh, I am sorry about our housekeeping service. That is not like us!! I will share your feedback about only receiving service one of the three days you here visiting with my Executive Housekeeper. We do provide daily service so we will find out what happened those other two days and address it with the staff. Thank you for the feedback. I promise we will use it to improve.

Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We live in Portland and our Christmas tradition is to spend a weedkend downtown shopping and taking in all the downtown Christmas Activites. For the last four years we have stayed at The Riverplace Hotel. We are always promptly greeted with a warm and friendly smile ! We want for nothing during our stay. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. We love the view of the Willamette River and enjoy seeing the Christmas ships. We can't wait to go back next year !

Room Tip: River View
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for making a visit to the RiverPlace an annual Holiday tradition! Sounds like a great way to pamper yourself! See you next year but hopefully sooner.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Like many who read these reviews ... I travel quite a bit for business and pleasure. The staff at RiverPlace is simply, consistently, the best I encounter. The location is beautiful and convenient to downtown Portland and the rooms and decor are very nice and comfortable. Portland has an abundance of food options, so beyond room service (which I great) I don't eat at 3 degrees often ... but when I have, it has been just fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Well, Kimpton Hotels, once again you have knocked my socks off. Every time I stay in a Kimpton property, I am so impressed by the friendly staff and beautiful, comfortable rooms. This time we got into Portland in the late afternoon, exhausted. We checked into the RiverPlace where we had never stayed before. I had asked for a room with two beds but were told that we were going to stay in one of their condos. Whatever...But when we opened the door, we realized that we had been given a two bedroom, two bathroom riverside apartment with a big kitchen, fireplace, balcony, and incredible views of the boats and river. My daughter's dog had her own dog bed, silver food and water bowls, treat, and more. Wow!!! I could see myself living very happily in this place. We could only stay one night, but I can't wait to go back.
We also had dinner at their restaurant, Three Degrees, where the food was delicious and the service was warm, professional, and welcoming. The front desk staff even dogsat while we ate so we didn't have to leave the dog in the condo.
As always at a Kimpton property, everyone we came into contact with - front desk staff, valet parker, restaurant staff - was so nice. Our stay was a pleasure from beginning to end.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheLibrarian28
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
So glad you enjoyed the upgrade to the condo suite! We cannot wait to have you back. Pack another pair of socks as we plan to knock them off again! Thanks for the awesome comments about our staff.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Shasta our Labrador is treated like a real human, its so nice to be able to sit by the fire in the front lobby and have a drink with our pup, and having the convince of being able to walk her on the Willamette walkway is a plus. The rooms are very nice, beds as mentioned excellent as well as the food.

We have the ability to stay @ my brothers townhouse for free, however we choose to stay at the RiverPlace because of its proximity to downtown. The staff pulls out the stops by providing great service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Water views are spectacular
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Our location is very ideal for our four legged friends. We have a huge park just outside of our front doors and a ton of walking paths nearby so they can stretch their legs. Glad to hear Shasta received the royal treatment!

Clinton, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My business travels took me to Portland. I was considering my options when I read reviews of the Kimpton Hotels - RiverPlace Hotel. This, by far, exceeded my expectations.
From the reservation person, to the front desk check-in person - who upgraded my room at no extra fee or issues, which is unheard of in the hotel world. Even on arrrival; the valet greeting was so gracious....the entire staff was first class. Will definitely stay at the RiverPlace when in Portland.
Dined in the Three Degrees Grill for two evenings food was very good.
Will definitely stay at the RiverPlace when in Portland.

Room Tip: Hotel is partner with Oregon Athletic Club one block from Hotel. Very nice Fitness Club. If plannin...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Idaho
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've been a fan of Kimpton Hotels for a long time. They are unusually well run and pleasant hotels. Of the several I've stayed in, River Place is the best. The location is perfect, the rooms are attractive, and the staff extraordinary.

My wife and I were recently there, in part to celebrate her birthday. Prior to our arrival, the hotel contacted me to ask if we were celebrating a particular occasion and when I responded, I was asked if I would like wine and chocolate delivered to our room as part of the celebration. And, indeed, a bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate were awaiting us when we returned to the room on her birthday. Celebrations aside, however, everything at the hotel was impeccable and, again, the staff is superb. I won't stay anywhere else in the future.

Room Tip: High floor and a river view--you'll never want to leave
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cardinal74
Ranking us as one of the best Kimpton’s you have visited is quite the honor! We have so many fantastic hotels in our chain. Thank you for your amazing review and thank you for staying at the RiverPlace.