“Unique, beautiful room. Nice staff”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Unique, beautiful room. Nice staff”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I spent a night their with my family while visiting the west coast. We took a risk and tried priceline and ended up with Riverplace. I'm glad we took the risk, we ended up with a suite so the kids had plenty of room. Highly recommend!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mamabear M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oceanside, Oregon
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times so far...everything written about this place is true. The rooms very beautiful and clean. The Customer service is the best by far than any hotel we have stayed at. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites Airport location, we have stayed there for 15 years, my husband has meetings at the Embassy airport every month. We do not mind the drive considering the tremendous difference in hotels. This one is First Class...Katelyn is so sweet and very professional and Jill in the mornings is also an great to what makes this Hotel number one in Portland. The staff goes out of there way to make you feel welcome. We will be back very soon. Thank you all for everything and making us feel special.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for all the love! Katelin and Jill are truly amazing and I feel so lucky to have those two working miracles at our front desk on a daily basis. Glad you were able to branch out from the Embassy Suites after all these years, we appreciate your business and review!

Whistler
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was our first visit to a Kimpton property. Friendly staff, warm welcome, a room upgrade and a glass of wine, all before we got to our room. I mentioned a birthday in our reservation form. A birthday card, cupcakes and a bottle of wine were waiting in our room.

We were missing a news paper one morning. They went out and bought us one that evening. The next day they kept an extra at the front desk just in case it went missing again.

Free passes to the athletic club down the street, which features a 25 meter lap pool.

We also had a great meal at the restaurant. The chef is hard at work improving the menu.

Nice location on the river, very quiet rooms.

Thanks for making my wife's birthday a memorable one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Welcome to Kimpton! We have 55 more hotels for you and your wife to experience. Ready, Set, Go!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at the RiverPlace Hotel last week and it was superb. The restaurant menu and food particularly stood out. Right on the water with great walking trail access along the river. We'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Our new Chef will be so proud to hear his food was one of the highlights. Chef Dunklin is doing so amazing things with that menu. See you soon.

Cancun, Mexico
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed at the Riverplace on two different occasions in Nov/Dec. For the first trip we booked a fireplace suite because we were travelling with our 14 year old and needed more space. The room worked out very well with a pull out couch and a bathroom that had entrances from both the bedroom and living room. We loved the fireplace and used it every evening. Our second stay was in a regular room for my husband and I which was also very nice. We weren't crazy about our one breakfast in the hotel restaurant but there are plenty of options within walking distance. The doormen and bellboys were very nice and welcoming. This is our go to hotel in Portland.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked a one bedroom, riverview suite at RiverPlace last weekend. I needed the extra room since my future son-in-law was having his bachelor's party in Portland and I had them over to get their evening started. This specific room was a really a one bedroom apartment with full appliances, a great river view and in a separate building. Everything, from the initial contact with the bellman/valet to checkout was well beyond what you receive at other hotels in the US.

I think I am beginning to see a great pattern by choosing hotels in the Kimpton chain!

Room Tip: All of the river view rooms overlook the marina at RiverPlace.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank m2swim
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Wow 3 more reviews to 100! I love the fact we could get the party started for you guys. Please continue to follow that Kimpton pattern, you won’t be disappointed.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have written before about RiverPlace.I have stayed here many times and It continues to be a complete winner. The staff is attentive. The rooms are a little over the top with their new decor from my aged perspective (preferred the NW woodsy feel that it used to have) - but so comfortable,quiet, every amenity, great lighting, wifi. And oh the views - I have stayed in almost every type of room by now and each has something to recommend it. But this last trip I traveled alone and was put in room 302. Great room! Rounded viewing windows so you could see up and down the river. Wonderful morning light. Good bathroom fixtures in the renovation. Really improved the shower experience. Love the wine hour and the coffee and hot chocolate in the morning. They even offer soy milk which delights me as a dairy allergy person. Highly recommend this. One of my favorite hotels as I always feel like I am coming home to my Portland family here.

Room Tip: Room 302 - great views and a junior suite with a rounded window.
Green Features: Terrific attention to recycling and environment friendly products
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ranchmama
Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest to the RiverPlace. We absolutely love having you! Glad that you enjoyed that Jr. Suite and the views it has to offer. I so wish I had that view from my office but then again I may never get any work done. Hope to see you soon!