“Quietest hotel room ever”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
vancouver
“Quietest hotel room ever”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at River Place for four nights this week. Our room (307) had a wall of windows looking out to the river. Some of the high points: 1. The room was spacious with plenty of room for the desk and sofa, 2. It felt really private, in fact we kept the curtains open all the time and enjoyed the views of people dragon-boating on the river. Across the river the I-5 ran in double-decker mode, with southbound running on top of northbound (or perhaps vice-versa) which looked spectacular at night, 3. Service really was very good indeed: friendly and helpful, but never obsequious, 4. The swimming pool at the nearby health club (included with the room) was excellent, 5. The hotel's large wrap-around balcony was the perfect spot to enjoy the complimentary glass of wine at happy hour, 6. This might have been the quietest hotel room ever. I heard nothing through the walls or even from the hallway, and 7. the location was great. We drove to Portland, but could easily have done without a car, as the transit system was fantastic and only $5 per day for buses, trams and streetcars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thanks for the listing the high points of your stay! I love that the room was the quietest you have experienced. What good is a hotel room if you can’t get your beauty sleep? See you soon.

Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversay at the RiverPlace Hotel in downtown Portland, OR. The hotel was beautiful and we had a wonderful room with a king size bed. We will definately stay here again.

1 Thank elbjun14
Calgary
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very much enjoyed a short stay here - had a 2 double bed room for family of 4 and it was good sized with lots of light. The pet goldfish was a nice touch . Bathroom was good sized and everything was clean and comfortable. Good location on waterfront

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tashadogcalgary
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I normally stay downtown, but this time with the summer weather I decided to stay by the river and it was a great choice. The staff was lovely, the room was great (In Touch members usually get a complimentary upgrade) and although I was there just for one night The River Place has become a favorite. One perk, which you can't beat, is to walk less than 10 steps out their door and you find yourself right on the river where you can take a walk/run and watch Portland wake up.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank asonenbe
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Aren't those river paths great! Awesome for biking, running our just people watching. Thanks for staying at the RiverPlace!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Since the moment we arrived to the time we left we received top notch customer service. Everyone from the bell hop to the front desk to the bartender and waiters were so friendly and willing to go out of their way to make our stay extra special. I really liked how they personalized everyone's stay. The dog welcoming board was so cute. Our room was so nice. The bed was comfortable. Housekeeping would leave nice notes after they were done in our room that would say "I hope you had a great day" or " I hope you're having a nice stay". These personal touches really Made this place stand out. I will definitely be staying here again. I'm hoping I can find a kimpton hotel where ever I travel to next.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank cdriskell
Good news Kimpton just opened up our 60th hotel today so there are plenty of options throughout the country. Thanks a million for the glowing comments about our staff. We can’t wait to see you again.

westchester, new york
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the RiverPlace for 2 nights while visiting family. The location is lovely - the rooms were well appointed, the bed comfortable. We had a minor problem with a faulty TV which was not a big problem since we were not in the room for long periods. This would have been a 4 star review, however, we were there on Mothers Day and when we came down for breakfast at 8:15 ready to meet our 2 family members for breakfast we were told we could not be accommodated because it was Mothers Day - we fully understood that it was a special day with more traffic BUT the hotel should have alerted guests that unless a reservation was made for breakfast they could not be seated. We were to told we might be able to sit outside but it would be an hour wait to be served. It was a ridiculous madhouse. Bad management for such a nice hotel. Otherwise a good stay, but not sure we would come again.

2 Thank larmar055
I am so sorry that we could not accommodate you for Mothers day brunch. I will defiantly alert our hotel guest with a pre-arrival email for any future occasions that may affect the availability of reservations. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I travel to Portland a few times a year on business and finally found a GREAT hotel! The location right on the river is ideal- great walking paths and lots of great restaurants, coffee shops and stores right outside the hotel. I had a wonderful room with a view overlooking the river. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I will be back next time I am in Portland. LOVE this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river- great views!